Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 73 of 84

The "Shopping list" was more a "Thinking - Page 73 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 13th Sep, 2016 - 12:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 84 pgs.  69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77  ...Latest (84) »
Closed
Traveller Miscellaneous Thread for any Out of Character Discussion that is still related to the Main Game.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
11th Sep, 2016 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 73

This is Kanin, over...

Ahem… sorry for the very long absense. Building an earth-house by hand and working for some upcoming presentations left me with no time. I am still interested in tagging along, if I still have time to enter into the new chapter.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2016 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

You Morfeas are good to go. Post away.

Looking forward to your input.

Krakrefr and Silver maybe able to stealth and scout on the ground.

12th Sep, 2016 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #
Krakrefr
Hound
Character
Lieutenant / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This is Kanin, over...

I will post here my character development. If I can update/upgrade my equipment I am waiting the OK from the Dungeon Master if he decides that I missed the R&R on Efate. Also, how I can calculate my salary? Only 2.000 Cr for a position as a "Marine" onboard? The salary has the x10% increase by level above 1, as in MegaTraveller? If yes, what levels I should check?

12th Sep, 2016 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Page 73 Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

Rebel over...

I didn't pay much attention at first, but a new year has passed, yes? If that is the case, then Ajit should receive 12,000 credits for pension. And as a TAS member Ajit gains 1 high passage ticket (Though I am not sure for how far) every two months. I am not very good with the dating system in this game, but it seems like 4 or 5 months have passed. As Ajit is traveling with the crew and they have their own ship, he would sell his high passage tickets at any appropriate star port. Can anyone help me figure out how many months have passed and how much each ticket would be worth, so that I can find out how much total cash Ajit has?

12th Sep, 2016 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Traveller Aericsteeles

The Referee relays...

Morfeas
No problem, we are still at the beginning of the next episode. You haven't missed out on much of anything so far.

Bindoner
The only issue on the shopping list is the Radio Jammer; I would imagine that type of gear would most likely be restricted to military though perhaps it would be available on the black market for double the cost.

Alchyrogue
I had considered starting out the next episode in 1116 but didn't do that in the end so a year has not gone by. The first adventure started on 002-1115 I believe and the current date is 122-1115. Each month is 28 days (At least that is what I use when determining mortgage and maintanence due dates) so we are about four months into 1115; then again math is not my strong suit so feel free to correct me.

12th Sep, 2016 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #
Ajit Akash Gadhavi
Navy Engineer
Character
Follower / Right Fwd. Flank
Character Sheet Important

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

Rebel over...

Alright, that clears a few things up. Sorry I am still getting used to the way time works in this setting. You are correct there are 4 months and 8 days (Assuming 28 day months) between 002-115 and 122-1115. Does this mean that Ajit acquired two high passage tickets that he could sell from his TAS membership? How do you want to run that, as in does Ajit have to return to a specific world to retrieve those tickets or will any planet with a TAS hostel work?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Sep, 2016 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support - Page 73

The Referee relays...

I think any planet with a TAS hostel would be able to provide you with the tickets. He should have two tickets then and you can assume that he sold them without having to post it in the Main Thread.

13th Sep, 2016 - 12:48am / Post ID: #
Njall Nail Lang
BelterCrewman
Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet ◀

Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 73

Rebel over...

The "Shopping list" was more a "Thinking out loud about stuff we might need" list. I'm not sure how much Njall's share of the "Profits" comes to, so he may not be able to afford every thing on the list - some of which (Especially a robust collapsible boat, if we can get one) are Ships Locker items anyway. If we're getting all this stuff then we ought to have at least two sets of SCUBA gear, and a quite a few flares. Maybe two Laser Transcievers…

I think we ought to spring for the jammer - Njall's Streetwise ought to help find a portable system.

While I think about it, during our travels we should have acquired some more explosives for Morfeas - we will need them.

Njall Nail Lang Results:
  • Streetwise - Jammer on D12 (+1): 11 (1 roll, as D2-12)
  • Streetwise - explosive on D12 (+1): 7 (1 roll, as D2-12)

> TOPIC: Aericsteele's Traveller Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,