Milesprower Introduction - Page 3 of 5

It's not a peer pressure thing, it's - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 2nd Jan, 2015 - 12:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 10th Dec, 2015 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Milesprower Introduction
A Friend

Milesprower Introduction - Page 3

An LG G2 with a 5.2 inch screen. Actually what might be good is a URL that redirects to the second last page. I would still have to page forward but at least I get the conversation in order then.

Even better would be a URL that redirects to the last page I was on but that would mean storing that somewhere, probably in something like redis or memcached - I have no idea what your back-end looks like.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Dec, 2015 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,097
Flag Posts: 51,754
Avg: 6.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,631.19 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Milesprower

international QUOTE (Milesprower)
An LG G2 with a 5.2 inch screen.

Is this all you use or have you also been on a widescreen to see how the Community really looks?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 10th Dec, 2015 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Milesprower Introduction
A Friend

Milesprower Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Yes, I use my laptop most of the time. I only use the mobile on the ferry or the train.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2015 - 10:37am / Post ID: #

Milesprower Introduction
A Friend

Page 3 Introduction Milesprower

Just a note to the webmasters: I noticed a bug in the rendering of forum posts. When someone edits a post, the text says something like: Edited: XY on... Then there's a span element with the date in it. The span element has the style set to color= something-in-quotes. It should be color:something without quotes. Hopefully my meaning is clear.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2015 - 12:55pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction Milesprower

Milesprower, thanks for bringing it to our attention. Wouldn't have noticed without checking the source code or are you using a debug program / viewing source?

Check this: Role-playing Game Etiquette so you can know how to better format your posts for Role-playing Games.

All the best for they new year to you.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2015 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Milesprower Introduction
A Friend

Milesprower Introduction

Indeed, I was reading the source.

I did read the etiquette rules but everyone in that thread is using the square brackets for out of character comments (If that's what you're referring to) so I've been keeping to the convention for the sake of consistency.

I hope you have a great new year too!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2015 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Milesprower Introduction - Page 3

international QUOTE (Milesprower)
...but everyone in that thread is using the square brackets...

Yes, that is what I was referring to and not everyone, your Dungeon Master is using the correct tag. Your reasoning for using it regardless of the correct method reminds me of how peer pressure works. wink.gif

When you mentioned the above error I looked at your latest Post to see if it was something you were seeing in your text. Actually, your Dungeon Master is trying to change it as mentioned here so you can help by following suit.

I should point out, that if you choose to follow it or not is up to you, however I only brought it up as you seem to be a person closely aligned to detail.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2015 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Milesprower Introduction
A Friend

Milesprower Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

It's not a peer pressure thing, it's a programming thing. When you write code with other people you have to conform to the style they use because consistency is so important. But that's the programming world I guess.

Thanks for pointing out that post, I hadn't noticed there were more posts in the rules thread. I'll change formats then.

Oh wow, we levelled up a week ago and I didn't see it!

By the way, is there a way to search a single thread? It's so hard to find out that the "Old man" was mentioned on page 29 and 31 of our game.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Milesprower Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,