Abortion Protests A Domestic Terrorism Threat

- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Jun, 2008 - 5:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Canada, Canadian Petersborough, Canada - Protesters could be terrorists?
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Abortion Protests a Domestic Terrorism Threat

Canada Politician's Wife Says Abortion Protests a Domestic Terrorism Threat

Petersborough, Canada (LifeNews.com) -- The wife of a prominent pro-abortion Canadian politician made a controversial remark during a presentation at the Ontario-based Fleming College. Janine Krieber, wife of Liberal Leader MP Stephane Dion, said abortion would become the next domestic terrorism. After an hour-long discussion of actual terrorism, Krieber answered a question about the heated debate over social issues like abortion. She said that if Canada is ever embroiled in another national debate over abortion that it could lead to acts of terrorism -- an implication that pro-life advocates might engage in violence. "The problem I see, for the moment, coming next is that we bring back abortion discussions into society. We had problems before and if we bring that back too severely it will bring conflict," Krieber said, according to the Peterborough Examiner. "When we forecast terrorism we have to look at what are the controversial topics in a society," Krieber added. She later told the Examiner newspaper that her comment was a response to a pro-abortion protest earlier this month in Montreal.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/int792.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Threat Terrorism Domestic Protests Abortion

She could very well be right. We have had many acts that could be considered terrorism against abortion clinics, doctors and even women going into an abortion clinic. I know that many people get very hot headed in debating this issue. I can see where some may fear for their lives.

19th Jun, 2008 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Abortion Protests A Domestic Terrorism Threat History & Civil Business Politics

Previous demonstration from prolifers have been very violent so I would not be shocked. Does any one else see the irony in this?

Perhaps closer supervision by the army rather then the police at these demonstrates might get the point across to them.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I wonder though if you get the army involved are the protesters just going take it to the next step too? I believe more passive methods might be better.

19th Jun, 2008 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

That is a possibility the problem is they do not respect the local police and they have no control over extremists in the group. Surveillance of some sort at least would ensure the guilty of any violent actions would be known and charged.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes I was thinking of CCTV type of surveillance methods. With the cameras of today you can read plates and get a printed photo of people three blocks away.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Abortion Protests A Domestic Terrorism Threat

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,