Parents Can't Ground Their Children - Page 2 of 3

Klar our streets look no different then yours - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Jun, 2008 - 7:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Canada, Canadian I Am Not Grounded... You Cant Tell Me What To Do.
19th Jun, 2008 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Parents Can't Ground Their Children - Page 2

Not sure as she had a court appointed lawyer do the charge the loser for that also?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Parents Can't Ground Their Children
A Friend

Children Ground Cant Parents

If you have money or your parents have money the court appointed lawyer will charge you for your time. IF you make above a certain amount of money then you can not have a court appointed attorney. Most attorneys will have in the filed papers who will be responsible for the lawyers fees and the court costs.

19th Jun, 2008 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Parents Can't Ground Their Children History & Civil Business Politics

This girl has cost her family very dearly for he temper tantrum then. I feel for them it is going to be one rocky road.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

20th Jun, 2008 - 8:45am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Children Ground Cant Parents

Wow...Canada has gone totally liberal! Check out what has the potential to pass through the Canadian Senate...

Senators approve anti-spanking bill

A proposed law that could see parents charged for spanking their children is heading to the House of Commons after clearing a major hurdle in the Senate.

The bill, supported by the Liberal majority, quietly passed third reading in the Senate on Tuesday night despite Conservative objections to the legislation. The vote count was not recorded.

Bill S-209, which needs House approval to be made into law, proposes to eliminate Section 43 of Canada's Criminal Code, which allows parents, teachers and caregivers to use reasonable force to discipline a child and correct their behaviour.

Liberal Senator Celine Hervieux-Payette first introduced the bill in December 2004, shortly after the Supreme Court denied a challenge to Section 43 and upheld the right of adults to physically discipline children between the ages of two and 12.

Dion's support expected
Hervieux-Payette said she believes she will get the support of Liberal Leader Stephane Dion in the House, although the ruling Conservatives have voiced concern over the bill. Hervieux-Payette said if the House does not pass her legislation, she will simply keep reintroducing it.

"It is to send a signal, so that people who use violence in a repeated way will no longer feel protected," she said, according to Canwest News Service. "It is not to arrest everyone who gives their child a tap on the arm."

The Senate mulled over the bill for more than three years, as the Canadian Bar Association and the Canadian Council of Criminal Defence Lawyers spoke out against it. In response to concerns, the bill was amended to allow parents and caregivers to use force in very specific situations - such as when a caregiver wants to immediately stop a child who is about to do something dangerous that could cause serious harm.

Routine discipline and using spanking as premeditated punishment wouldn't be allowed.

"No corporal punishment would be allowed, either by an educator, the mother, the father or someone acting for them," Hervieux-Payette said.

https://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/06/19/spanking-bill.html

You know, there were times I needed by little butt beat when I was a kid. I dont walk the streets and enter my home knocking down doors and kicking butt as a result of my "horrible abuse" as a child. Now children will have the joy of being able to get their parents busted when they get their spanking, if this bill passes.

You know, if it gets much more rediculous, I suggest that the state just take your child immediately after birth, since most are not going to be able to maintain the ever sliding laws of fairness to your own childern and apparently only the state can determine what is just. It just boggles my mind that a cop can taser me, but potentially, I might not be able to spank my child. I am not talking about a whipping, punching, shooting or cutting...I am talking about a spanking.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

20th Jun, 2008 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Children Ground Cant Parents

I was looking at Canada as a potential future place to migrate too, but I dislike laws that tell me how I must run my home, discipline my children, and so forth. Krakyn what are you doing to Canada!?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3229 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2008 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This case is an absolute farce and a disgrace to Canadian courts. Even as a farce, this isn't even funny, it's just stupid and doesn't make any sense. Preventing a girl from possibly being raped/murdered by a serial killer online is a commendation to the father, but he's being taken to court for protecing her?

His decision to not let her go to her middle-school graduation is a light punishment for what he caught her doing. The family can celebrate the graduation differently, but this girl has to realize how serious her actions are, and an equally serious punishment is a good thing.

This judge is wasting taxpayer dollars and court time that could be used to make this world a better place, not a more stupid one. This case is a disservice to everyone involved.

As to who put the daughter up to going to court, it's got to be the bitter maternal mom or her new boyfriend.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2008 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Parents Can't Ground Children - Page 2

I have a feeling that if this law passes there are going to be a lot of parents in jail and a lot of teens and younger kids running around with no authority to stop them. You can place them in the states care but what is the state going to do to when they realize that they have created a no win situation for parents to control their kids? The state itself will have no way of controlling the kids. Will the state arrest itself for excessive punishment?

20th Jun, 2008 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Parents Can't Ground Children Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Klar our streets look no different then yours the teens are already mouthy and unruly since they know mom and dad can do little to them.

I bet 80% of the parents I know have never spanked their kids. I have and hope not to have to again as they are getting up in age, where reasoning is a better tool.

I spoke once to an officer on this and he said no court will argue on a slap on the bottom that does not leave a mark. Even if this bill passes I am sure spankings will not cease but beating might slow down though I doubt it. It will mean the social workers will be very overburdened in monitoring home of suspected spankings.

I just keep praying and faxing letters.

QUOTE (JB)

Krakyn what are you doing to Canada!?

Snowboarding and fishing eh! Still a good place to be just have to move to the bush where the bears won't squeal on me and the Mennonites will applaud the spanking.

Those political Hoosiers will get theirs in the end!

We might be the first to adopt this but I am willing to bet not the last dang liberal bleeding hearts. For me and mine I will rely on my black book for guidance in all and I know then we will be OK.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Parents Can't Ground Their Children

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,