Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 14 of 20

I realise the feats I have in my backstory - Page 14 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 14th Feb, 2016 - 3:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
14th Feb, 2016 - 4:06am / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 14

And The Wandering Blade says...

Lightning isn't going to be terribly interested in Saddle Arabia. He's a knight errant, not an explorer. So dry and sandy. He's much more likely to want to stay in Canterlot and hunt cultists. Seems like the most heroic and likely to help people of the three.

He could be convinced to seek the Crucible of Stars if he felt the stakes were more dire than 'Find a mystical bauble for an eccentric researcher.'

Sponsored Links:
14th Feb, 2016 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

I was thinking that the Saddle Arabia one could be the one least likely to be picked. Perhaps I can replace that idea with another if more players show disinterest in it.
-

Oh don't be so sure about the third option, there is much more at stake then 'Find a mystical bauble for an eccentric researcher' and could even lead to also facing cultists... Though in a different way.

For example, what of consideration that if the Crucible fells into the wrong hooves and could be used to reforge Nightmare Moon's armour, to allow this deity a means of more directly influencing Equestria? Perhaps even gain physical form in which lead her followers into an age of Eternal Night? Just a thought, and one possible direction.

The researcher would give the party enough information needed to draw their own conclusions, though in how to actually find the Crucible would be the much more difficult matter.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Feb, 2016 - 4:46am

14th Feb, 2016 - 4:51am / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

And The Wandering Blade says...

There's also a matter of how the information is presented. If one flyer says the Royal Guard needs help tracking down cultists, and another reads, 'Adventurers sought for a sensitive matter, please see researcher Spookycorn', unless a PC has some backstory tie to that researcher or reason to think that's worth checking out, we might not even look twice at it.

Also, have you given thought as to how the PCs will be brought together? Are we just randomly meeting at the boards?

Reconcile Edited: Corinthi on 14th Feb, 2016 - 5:01am

14th Feb, 2016 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

Page 14 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

Takes your words into consideration.

The idea is that everyone would head to the boards around the same time, and while there the characters could consider their options. Once they have decided, hopefully that of checking out the same 'quest', they head out. They would go to where they needed to be, either together or apart, and by accepting the quest also agree to work together as a party.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Feb, 2016 - 5:05am

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character
A Friend

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

The second option sounds most likely to me, especially for my character. Protecting royalty, and fighting Nightmare Moon's forces of evil - Nightmare Moon is practically his sworn enemy considering what happened to Luna.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 6:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

You could replace the generic adventurer's guild with the Royal Archeological Society, and make it a Crown-owned organisation, with directives and orders hooved down from Celestia's advisors and court magi. Our irrepressible knight-errant would be able to serve Celestia without being in the Royal Guard, and our more mercenary members could be enticed with a share of non-historic treasure encounter in the process of retrieving whatever artefact needs saving.

All Aquamarine needs is a promise of enough wealth (Or a loan) for services rendered to afford a ship. She's not going to rob ponies or sacrifice foals to get rich, but her current priority is to get enough bits to buy a ship again. Or noble peerage, to show up those stuck up nobles how a real lady should act (Hint: not what she saw on her pleasure craft).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 7:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 14

Even if I avoid using anything else psionic (I.e., no Gifted Blade, no psionic feats, no psionic prestige classes)? I really have my heart on it, and I am not currently interested on playing anything else right now (I was about to start playing one in an in-person game, but it fell through).

14th Feb, 2016 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 14

And Unmarked says...

I realise the feats I have in my backstory might deserve a cutiemark as a result. Most probably his powers haven't reached the potential required or his mark is more entwined with his destiny. Perhaps something more to do with astronomy which he hasn't experienced yet. That would suit my last suggestion of cutiemark, below...

I feel that not having one would be a greater draw for my character to start adventuring, especially with others. Otherwise he would just keep to himself all the time in the shadows.

Even if you granted me a mark the first time we level up, I would appreciate it. Then my character can come of age if there's a natural break of a few months in game.

If not, I have a few ideas: the shadow of a pony, the crescent moon, a sticky oozing shadow, or the darkness in between stars. In that case, playing a child may be pointless.

It would be best if I start the game by shadowing, pun unintended, the party after they decide on a quest. As for which quest, they all sound intriguing, but the potentially trap filled structure in Saddle Arabia can wait for when I have Ranged Legerdemain.

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,