Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 10 of 20

Hmm, well 11, 16, 16, 14, 16, 16 is a bit - Page 10 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 7th Feb, 2016 - 2:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
5th Feb, 2016 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 10

And Unmarked says...

I will be a young colt then, looking for his purpose. I just remembered I wanted to try the Arcane Trickster prestige class so I shall be a Wizard 3/Rogue 2 (Archetypes to be determined).

For ability scores, a focus in Intelligence, foible in Charisma.

Zero Zodiac Results:
  • 4 ability scores on D10 (+7): 9, 10, 13, 15 (4 rolls)
  • 3 Wizard HD on D6 (+0): 1, 2, 5 (3 rolls)
  • 2 Rogue HD on D8 (+0): 7, 2 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
5th Feb, 2016 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

Hmm... If you want to keep those rolls you may, especially since I was hoping Focus and Foible was used, but technically the method 5d6 reroll ones was chosen by the players before.

I will ask/offer that you try rolling again using the 5d6 reroll 1s, especially since your rolls are a bit of low.

Apart from that, what you have offered above is fine. I am especially interested in seeing where you take you character if you are having them go into the Arcane Trickster.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2016 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Young template wouldn't be so bad for an arcane trickster, doesn't it add dexterity?

Half done my Backstory. Should finish it up after work. It's about to hit the dark second half.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2016 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

I have the best idea! Somepony could make Derpy! They could be a dual-Cursed Oracle with Cloudy-Eyed and Wrecker! ...sorry...I just remembered the first time I played Ponyfinder - which was the only time, to be honest - and I was thinking about doing that. But instead I made a Maud Pie Barbarian.

6th Feb, 2016 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And Unmarked says...

That's fortunate, since I forgot that Eldritch Heritage has a charisma prerequisite.

You mentioned you were thinking of using an existing race. I'm happy to just go with a young unicorn, but also curious about what you're suggesting. A modified Fetchling would be interesting, but a Wayang I think is over-the-top too shadowy.

I will go with the method everyone else used, even if these abilities are worse. Rolling 5d6 starting from 2 on the die. (Assuming a reroll of 1 has to be rerolled again).

Zero Zodiac Results:
  • Ability 1 on D6 (+0): 4, 2, 6, 6, 2 (5 rolls, as D2-6)
  • Ability 2 on D6 (+0): 4, 5, 2, 6, 4 (5 rolls, as D2-6)
  • Ability 3 on D6 (+0): 6, 2, 6, 2, 5 (5 rolls, as D2-6)
  • Ability 4 on D6 (+0): 4, 3, 5, 5, 6 (5 rolls, as D2-6)
  • Ability 5 on D6 (+0): 3, 6, 2, 3, 3 (5 rolls, as D2-6)
  • Ability 6 on D6 (+0): 6, 5, 6, 5, 5 (5 rolls, as D2-6)

6th Feb, 2016 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

I'm sorry but the way you did it doesn't work right, as those are way too high of rolls. Maybe try 6 sets of 5d6 pull another 5d6 for rerolled 1s?

Checking point buy that set of rolls come up to be 52 points!

Also I have a write up of sorts for the Fetchlings, which I tried to balance with the other races... I had to cut a few things.
--

Fetchlings
Superficially, fetchlings resemble unnaturally lithe - bordering on fragile – ponies. Their adopted home has drained their fur, mane and tail of bright colors. Their fur ranges from stark white to deep black, and includes all the various shades of gray between those two extremes. Their eyes are pupilless and pronounced, and they typically glow a luminescent shade of yellow or greenish yellow, though rare individuals possess blue-green eyes. While their manes and tails tends to be stark white or pale gray, many fetchlings dye this black. Some members of higher station or those who dwell on Everglow dye their hair with more striking colors, often favoring deep shades of violet, blue, and crimson.

Start with Ponykind: Change type to Outsider (Native), change ability scores to +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and –2 Wisdom. Base speed is only 30 less, and change vision from Low Light Vision to Darkvision.

Replace Earth Bound and Unique Destiny with:
Shadow Blending (Su): Attacks against a fetchling in dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This ability does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance.

Pick either of the two below
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): A fetchling can use disguise self once per day as a spell-like ability. He can assume the form of any pony creature. A fetchling's caster level is equal to his total Hit Dice. When a fetchling reaches 9th level in any combination of classes, he gains shadow walk (Self only) as a spell-like ability usable once per day as a spell-like ability. A fetchling's caster level is equal to his total Hit Dice. When a fetchling reaches 13th level in any combination of classes, he gains plane shift (Self only, to the Shadow Plane or the Material Plane only) usable once per day as a spell-like ability. A fetchling's caster level is equal to his total Hit Dice.
Shadowy Resistance: Fetchlings have cold resistance 5 and electricity resistance 5.

Languages: Fetchlings begin play speaking Common. Fetchlings with a high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Aquan, Auran, Draconic, D'ziriak (Understanding only, cannot speak), Ignan, Terran, and any regional pony tongue.
Alternate Racial Traits: Can pick among Emissary, Gloom Shimmer, Suble Manipulator, and Unnerving Gaze.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th Feb, 2016 - 8:59pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Feb, 2016 - 1:56am / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 10

And Unmarked says...

I'd like to believe it was luck, considering ability 5 is what would be an ideal roll, but I agree the converted cost is way too high.

Zero Zodiac Results:
  • Ability 1 on D6 (+0): 4, 3, 4, 1, 2 (5 rolls)
  • Ability 2 on D6 (+0): 6, 3, 5, 5, 5 (5 rolls)
  • Ability 3 on D6 (+0): 1, 5, 5, 4, 1 (5 rolls)
  • Ability 4 on D6 (+0): 3, 3, 3, 6, 5 (5 rolls)
  • Ability 5 on D6 (+0): 3, 3, 5, 5, 1 (5 rolls)
  • Ability 6 on D6 (+0): 4, 5, 6, 1, 6 (5 rolls)
  • Extra d6 rolls on D6 (+0): 1, 6, 4, 6, 4, 3 (6 rolls)

7th Feb, 2016 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 10

Hmm, well 11, 16, 16, 14, 16, 16 is a bit better. Guess these are the rolls we will have to go with. We are using the built in dice roller, and are doing everything right, so we can chalk it up to you having lucky rolls. Congratulations on having four 16s to work with!
-

If players would like to start posting while we finish up characters sheets you all may.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Feb, 2016 - 2:55pm

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,