Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 11 of 20

It very well could be a plot point, one I - Page 11 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 10th Feb, 2016 - 12:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2016 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 11

Alrighty.

Aquamarine is a captain recently dispossessed of her ship and crew, in Canterlot hoping to gain enough money to set sail once again. She speaks with a learned grace, but will easily slip into the rough pidgin tounge of a sailor when roused, or when given reason to swear.

Years of dealing with pirates and brigands have given her little tolerance for those who would break the law, but to all others she is cordial. Other sailors would call her gregarious, but to those outside her profession she can be somewhat standoffish, as she is unsure exactly how to interact. The exception to this is dealing with nobility, where she is as deferential and accomodating as possible.

(I'm not exactly sure what the protocol for all this is, I've never played a Play By Post game before).

Sponsored Links:
8th Feb, 2016 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And Unmarked says...

I noticed the Blood of Shadows splat-book is coming out next month. Would you grant me a free retraining if I find something I like there?

The Denial of Destiny feat is mentioned a few times as a prohibited feat with other feats, but it isn't listed. While I don't want such a permanent choice for my character, it may work as a story feat maybe?

Before I choose my third opposition school, I need to know if spells that affect humanoid targets (Charm or reduce person) are modified to affect ponies, or ate the type of reach race chosen on purpose to remove the usefulness of those spells.

Also was the first hit die maximised?

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2016 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

I'm pretty sure charm, hold, and enlarge person all affect fey instead of humanoids when cast by ponykind.

I maximised my first hit dice.

8th Feb, 2016 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

Forderz, Aquamarine being an already established merchant and sea captain with over a half a decade of experience to perhaps be a bit much as only a 5th level character... Yet you have offered that she lost all that and pretty much seems to be starting from the beginning.

I am curious, since she has started her own trading company, how she is completely without all her funds, a crew, and perhaps a spare ship? Yet perhaps I am reading too much into it and should be grateful that you offered a way for things to work out with what her starting wealth and level is.

Her backstory is approved and, while it may take some convincing, if she wants to try acquiring a ship with a help of a sponsorship I am sure something can be worked out during the roleplay. Having a ship available, which can be used by the party for travel, could be of benefit.

I might suggest you consider the Swashbuckler archetype called Inspired Blade, on the d20pfsrd, which freely offers Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus for rapiers, along with Improved Critical at 5th level.
-

ICon, If I am able to get a copy of Blood of Shadows and look over it, I would probably be able to allow you to retrain based on what you want to use from it.

The Denial of Destiny might be a feat I could allow, though any character would very much be the exception from the majority of ponykind. For example, Starlight Glimmer would be a pony that had a spell version of this feat that she would put on others and may even have it herself... Though the effect is admittingly a stronger the the feat. So yes, it might work as a story feat, though most ponies would be uncomfortable around or confused with such a pony.

All spells that denounce humans or humaniods specifically work instead on fey. I may make a distinction on which kind of fey, though for certain the playable races, such as 'Deep Fey' and 'Fey'. Deep Fey would be those creatures from the Monster Manual and what is normally given the Fey type in Pathfinder while 'Fey' would be for playable races and the spells asked about would apply to them. This may also denounce some changes to what sets apart such from each other.

Maximizing first hit die is fine.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Feb, 2016 - 11:27pm

9th Feb, 2016 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And Unmarked says...

But if we meet a humanoid it would no longer work on them?
And I guess not on Outsider (Native) either.

Blood of Shadows should go up on d20pfsrd or Nethys about 2 weeks after release.

The your character rules suggest only 1st level skill ranks and 1 trait. I ignored the skill restriction but followed the trait suggestion, just mention if you want to change that.

Jeez, that was a really involved process. Sorry for taking so long. I thought I would be done earlier today, but ended up not even having spells decided. At least it's just 2 spell levels to pick from.

9th Feb, 2016 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

We won't be meeting any humanoids in this campaign, for all intents and purposes they won't exist in Equestria or any of the surround nations. The world is completely without such races or any with that subtype. In this case, 'Fey' is the new Humanoid. Lastly, does charm, hold, and enlarge person normally work on native outsiders? If so, they still do.
--

Well then we can both take a look at Blood of Shadows when it appears on the d20pfsrd or Nethys, just tell me what you will want to use.

I will update/fix my rules.

That is okay, take what time you need.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 9th Feb, 2016 - 2:50pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2016 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 11

The licensed trading corp is mostly a perfunctory way of gaining enough legitimacy to appeal to richer clientle. The Opulent Lady was all she had, and maintaining the expensive goodies her passengers expected ate up a lot of her income. The vast majority of Aquamarine's wealth was on her ship when it sunk. *cough* possible plot hook *cough*.

As for all that experience being a bit high for 5th level, I operate under the assumption that most people in Dungeons & Dragons /Pathfinder don't make it past 3rd level at all. Is that not the case here?

Reconcile Edited: forderz on 10th Feb, 2016 - 12:03am

10th Feb, 2016 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 11

It very well could be a plot point, one I will consider for the campaign. It matters also if your character can convince the others to go with her in seeking it out at some point.
-

Perhaps for commoners and those who stay mostly in one city most of their lives perhaps, but any who are well traveled and face danger on a daily or weekly basis could well be much higher then 3rd level... If they survive that long.

Sea, merchant, and pirate captains could quite often get to 5th level, even at times beyond. This also included military leaders and those would have experienced war and battle for many years, or spent years studying magic or religion, exc. Even many, if not most, adventurers and mercenaries, those that survive, could well reach or exceed 5th level.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Feb, 2016 - 12:21am

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,