Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 13 of 20

Well I'm going to need to ask BrendanE - Page 13 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 14th Feb, 2016 - 3:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2016 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 13

Could I convince you to allow Dreamscarred Press' Ultimate Psionics? I'd love to play a pegasus soulknife [deadly fist]. (Or Deadly Hoof, as it were wink.gif).

Sponsored Links:
13th Feb, 2016 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

ICon, I like it all... Yet I admit the not having a cutiemark part still bothers me. Your character will need to figure what what, or who is preventing him from not having one because for all intends he should have one.
-------

BrendanE, glad for your interest but honestly I have always been a bit hesitant involving psionics. I never really felt it fit a fantasy setting such as Dungeons & Dragons (Except Dark Sun) and Pathfinder, even more so a setting based on the show MLP:FiM.

13th Feb, 2016 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

And The Wandering Blade says...

BrendanE, depending on what you were looking for with your soulknife, you might look at the Elemental Ascetic archetype for the Kineticist. I think it'd make a pretty good substitute for a Deadly Fist.

13th Feb, 2016 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 13 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Another possible choice is the Mindblade archetype for the Magus... An occult archetype.

Yah, Occult Adventures has become a grudging exception to my general rule of not having psionics since I feel they handle it a more 'fantasy' way and is a resource I personally enjoy.

Hopefully such a distinction makes some sense and doesn't come off as an unfair bias. I can understand if you think this seems a bit hypocritical, me being against Ultimate Psionics yet allowing Occult Adventures.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Feb, 2016 - 2:14pm

13th Feb, 2016 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Wandering Blade says...

I do wish they'd done a better job with the Kineticist, in all fairness. I was hopeful for being able to model Avatar with it, and instead, the burn mechanic is just... Rough. Now that I read over it a bit more, Don't play an Ascetic Fist. It's bad. Really bad.

Unchained Monk with an Elemental Fist of some sort would be good. You could pick it up with the base class at level 6, which is sad. Might be an archetype that would do it, but I don't have the Unchained Archetypes PDF.

13th Feb, 2016 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Another possible choice, taken into account how you want an unarmed fighter and how I missed that last time, there is the Esoteric magus archetype. This being an archetype which turns the magus into a mystic unarmed warrior.

Yet there is the elemental aspect, which I think may be a bit harder to emulate except by feats. I will do some searching and see if I can find anything useful. Wait, I partly take that back as the archetype does allow for elemental enhancements to your attacks.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Feb, 2016 - 3:06pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 13

Thanks, but the whole point of being a soulknife is that you always have a magic weapon. A monk [with] Elemental fist would be interesting, but I'd only be able to use it twice a day.

14th Feb, 2016 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 13

Well I'm going to need to ask BrendanE that you pick a different character or concept, as I'm not at this time allowing Ultimate Psionics or the Soulknife. Perhaps in another campaign, after we see whether this one goes well. Would you be willing to pick a different class/idea?
--------

My apologizes for delays in making my next post for the campaign, working out certain details. I know the direction and possible paths that will be offered, that the party can choose from, but I am looking to see if there are any modules or adventures that are similar to my ideas which I can draw from.

The main purpose of using such modules would be to cover for weakness/challenge of coming up with everything from scratch, making it so there is a bit less work for myself and so that we can move forward as quickly as possible.
My ideas are as follows:
* Joining an expedition into Saddle Arabia, in seeking out an ancient structure said to have been lost in the sand. The party's main purpose would be protecting those seeking to go there, as bodyguards.
* Working with the royal guard in investigating possible activity from followers of Nightmare Moon, with suspicion of there being cultists in Canterlot and a plot of disrupting the Summer Sun Celebration.
* Meeting with a mysterious unicorn of the Research Guild who seeks out adventurers willing to find for him an artifact called the Crucible of Stars, rumored to connect with that of Princess Luna and Nightmare Moon. Would be the most lucrative choice, yet one could ask why he is offering so much.

Part of what I am figuring out is how to present these three options on the 'quest board' for each of your character's to read and consider among each other what path to take.

Now one thing you may notice is how two of my ideas could possibly relate and even coincide, which is not by accident, yet while they may join together into one plot at some point it would be at two different angles. Thus, there would be two separate adventures with secrets and surprises in store... Adventures that may well grow into something that goes all the way from 5th to 20th level.

Yet the first could be said to be the odd one out, the expedition being more of a Daring Doo style adventure.

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,