Police Say Teens Beat Homeless Ohio Man To Death

Police Teens Beat Homeless Ohio Man Death - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Aug, 2008 - 2:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th Jun, 2008 - 9:10am / Post ID: #

CLEVELAND -  A group of teenagers beat a homeless man to death as passers-by slowed to watch the attack, some of which was caught on videotape, police said.

Anthony Waters, 42, suffered a lacerated spleen and broken ribs during the attack Wednesday night and died at a hospital, police said.

"The pack mentality going on in the city of Cleveland must end," police Commander Calvin Williams said Thursday at a news conference where he urged the attackers to come forward.

Portions of the attack were caught on a surveillance camera outside a towing company on the city's east side. Police said the videotape shows passing cars slowing to watch three teens attack Waters until he staggered into the parking lot, where he was assisted by employees of the towing company.

The attackers, who appeared to be between the ages of 14 to 17, robbed Waters of a music player and headphones, police said. No arrests have been made.

Waters was a welder by trade but had been staying at a Cleveland-area homeless shelter, said Paul Eadeh, a friend.

These kids are so young! Over a stupid MP3 player or whatever as well! I am not around "gang" activity and feel blessed for that--I just don't understand that mentality but it scares me.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Sponsored Links:
27th Jun, 2008 - 9:23am / Post ID: #

Death Man Ohio Homeless Beat Teens Police

They should lock those kids up and throw away the key. Some kids these days have no conscience and no respect for life. They know that since they are minors they have no real accountability. Worst case they will get locked up until they turn 18. I think it should be mandatory they be tried as adults if their actions result in the death of another person.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

27th Jun, 2008 - 9:36am / Post ID: #

Police Say Teens Beat Homeless Ohio Man To Death History & Civil Business Politics

Especially when it is something like this--where it is brutal and unnecessary and as you mention Alskann, they seem to have a lack of conscience or any regrets. Sad--really!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2008 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I wonder if those that slowed down to make sure they got a good enough look can be sought as witness for the prosecution. If they do not want to testify they can be charged with aiding in the commission of a murder. Not something I would like to be accused of. Why noone, not even the towing employees, tried to help this guy before he was able to stagger into their lot, is beyond me. Noone should have to suffer like this over something like a mp3 player or even a cd player. Homeless or not they do not deserve this type of treatment.

These boys should be locked in a jail for a few years to think about what they have done. They should receive some counseling too. Keeping people who are young until they are 18 and turning them loose is not the answer. We need a way to educate some of our youth to hopefully keep them from doing these types of violent acts.

12th Aug, 2008 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

I just don't know what I find more horrifying, the fact that such young people could commit such an attrocity over something so petty, or the fact that none of the passersby helped the victim. I can understand being afraid of the attackers, but I find that more than a little disturbing. Surely at least one of those cars had multiple passengers, or had an occupant carrying a weapon. They probably wouldn't have had to do anything, just try to be intimidating. And, if all else failed, these people were in cars and could have driven up to the crowd. They would've moved out of the way, I'm fairly certain, and perhaps even run away. Why didn't anyone help until it was too late?

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

20th Aug, 2008 - 6:55am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Catherine @ 11-Aug 08, 8:37 PM)
Why didn't anyone help until it was too late?

At the very least you would think someone would have called 911 for help on their cell phone. They would not have even needed to get out of their cars for that.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Aug, 2008 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Police Teens Beat Homeless Ohio Man Death

That just goes to show that people would rather see violence and go about their way without getting involved. I wonder how many could point out who the young men were or maybe know who they were by name. It is sad that society has fallen to this. I know if I had seen this going on my car would have been stopped and I would have gone to the guys aid. Yes I carry weapons in my car. Plus being a big guy I would have scared them off just by getting out of my car. If not then we would rumble. Would not be my first rumble. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Police Say Teens Beat Homeless Ohio Man To Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,