Calibre Introduction

Calibre Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 6th Mar, 2016 - 2:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Mar, 2016 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Calibre Introduction
A Friend

Calibre Introduction

Hello! My username is Calibre and it's a pleasure to meet you all. I've role-played enough not to be considered incompetent, but not enough to be considered experienced… which is why I've come here, to improve myself. On a lesser note, I'm also exploring my options and possibly finding another form of writing on this site.

What I'm comfortable with in role-playing:
Action, Adventure, Comedy, Crime (Not a fan of chase-scenes), Drama, Fantasy, Philosophical/Satire, Sci-Fi
What I'm NOT comfortable with in role-playing:
Canon and Historical (Due to commonly being accused of being inaccurate, if that doesn't occur, then I'm willing… as long as I know what I'm working with), Horror (Gets boring quick for me), Mystery (Difficult to keep pushing forward without plot holes).

Some things I truly appreciate when role-playing (In addition to the rules of this site):
DON'TS:
-Characters which know things that they shouldn't (E.G. Knowing the past of someone they just met)
-Characters which are capable of what they shouldn't (E.G. 6 year old sheltered boy knows how to perfectly wield a mace)
-Characters which are incredibly strong (E.G. Gods, Deities, invincible characters, etc.)
-Controlling characters that don't belong to the person who created them
-Believing that the character is an extension of the player (E.G. Believing a character's relationship translates into a player's relationship)
DO'S:
-OOCly state if there's an issue (May it be boredom, confusion, dislike, feeling uncomfortable [E.G. With topics, characters, locations, etc.], not wanting to go down a certain path, etc.)

Thank you for reading through my intro, may we meet once again and have a wonderful time together!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2016 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Calibre

Welcome Ta Ye Ole' Forum!

So, Ye be seeking Adventure eh? Ye be one after meh own heart. Meh mates have cut down several dragons in times past and we be always in serious need of an extra hand fer deeper darker dungeons of brilliant gold. Friend, get ready, cause we be havin' many an exciting Play By Post Role-playing Game here: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?

[+] Sci-Fi Play By Post Role-playing Game
[+] Mystery & Horror Role-playing Game
[+] Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder Member Wars Role-playing Game
[+] Be A Super Hero Role-playing Game / Comic Reviews

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2016 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Calibre Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Calibre! Thank you for a full introduction. Is there a particular Role-playing Game system you are interested in playing? Are you looking to be a Dungeon Master?

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2016 - 2:21am / Post ID: #

Calibre Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Calibre

Thank you so much for your guidance, Horde. I've found almost everything I need to know about this unique style of roleplaying, all what's left is to find a thread!
As for Support, thank you for reading through my introduction. I'm open to discovering every system I can get my hands on, but so far I've found a particular interest in Dungeons & Dragons (Still working on finding the differences between versions!) and Path Finder. Dungeon Master would be such an amazing experience and I'll be extremely willing to take the position after a few rounds of playing as a pawn!

Are there any rooms recommended for beginners such as myself? In addition, what do you guys think of my character? Too strong? Too weak? Any missing points? Too much detail? Etc.

Thank you so much for shedding some knowledge on me!

Name: Zack Calibre
Race: Human
Class: Fighter [Squire]
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Health Points: 13

(S) Strength: 14 (26)
(I) Intelligence: 10 (11)
(W) Wisdom: 13 (16)
(Cn) Constitution: 13 (11)
(D) Dexterity: 14 (10)
(Ch) Charisma: 8 (7)

Attire:
Head piece; N/A
Top; Thermal long-sleeve jacket (+0), Torso Plates (+3 S, -2 D)
Bottom; Thermal cargo pants (+0), Leg plates (+2 S, -2 D)
Gloves; Cloth (+0), Chain-mail (+1 S, +1 D)
Shoes; Cloth (+0), Steel-Toe boots (+3 S, -1 Cn, -1 D)
Accessory 1; Backpack (+0)
Accessory 2; Earrings of Sir Magnus (-1 S, +1 I, +1 W, -1 Cn, -3 Ch)
Accessory 3; Blade and Sheath of Sir Magnus (+3 S, +2 W)
Accessory 4; N/A
Accessory 5; N/A

Back-pack content:
Two Match Boxes (24 pieces total)
One Month's Ration
Make-shift water purifier (35% success to light-medium tainted water)
150ml Alcohol
Compass
Cape (Cloth)
Pocket Knife (3)
Daggers (2)
Throwing Daggers (10)

Wealth; 70 GP

Biography:
In progress - outline:
Zack slaughtered his trainer, best, and only friend - Sir Magnum in the dead of night out of jealousy of his rank upgrading to a True Knight, a Knight of the round table. The day after, he left with an expedition group to seek the perpetrator, and fled without being noticed. He still craves the taste of the highest honour with the greatest knights he had ever known to live, so he currently explores the deepest depths to gain experience for when he returns home. Though he also desires fame to aid his goal, his charismatic ability is that of a potato.

Reconcile Edited: Calibre on 6th Mar, 2016 - 2:45am

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2016 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Introduction Calibre

Calibre, glad to have you. Please have a look at this topic: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me? as it guides you towards available games and what should be expected. For instance you could create a character here: Falrun's 2e Dungeons & Dragons Create Characters and the Dungeon Master will tell you if your character is suitable as we cannot judge that.

> TOPIC: Calibre Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,