Dutch Smoking Ban

Dutch Smoking Ban - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 5th Jul, 2008 - 1:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2008 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Dutch Smoking Ban

Dutch smoking ban goes into force

A ban on the smoking of tobacco - but not marijuana - in cafes, bars and restaurants comes into force in the Netherlands.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7482571.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2008 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Dutch Smoking Ban
A Friend

Ban Smoking Dutch

Here in Iowa we just had a public smoking ban go into effect today. No longer can people smoke in public places, Restaurants or bars. I think that the world is turning against smokers. This ban here and the one the Dutch have adopted can signal a turn to get smokers into a minority of people.

5th Jul, 2008 - 7:50am / Post ID: #

Dutch Smoking Ban Health & Special Psychology

Smokers are already in the minority, about 22% of the population. In the US, most states have adopted a non-smoking policy in restaurants. Many have expanded the ban to all public places and even bars. Anchorage recently banned smoking in bars and clubs. Smoking is more prevalent in Europe and Asia but even those countries are hopping on the non-smoking band wagon.

Personally, I enjoy being able to go out for an evening and not come home smelling of cigarette smoke. I believe people have the right to smoke if they choose, but I also believe I have the right to breathe fresh air and not be forced to suck in second hand smoke. Both sides of the issue need to work together to find a way to co-exist peacefully.

I find it interesting the Netherlands banned tobacco but not marijuana. The harmful effects from second hand smoke is about equal in both.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2008 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Dutch Smoking Ban
A Friend

Ban Smoking Dutch

I am not sure the harmful effects are as bad in Marijuana as it is with tobacco. The tobacco companies add many chemicals to the tobacco to make it habit forming. I do not think many of these chemicals are added to the marijuana. I believe it is all these added chemicals that makes cigar and cigarette smoking so bad for both the smoker and non smoker. That is just my opinion though.

> TOPIC: Dutch Smoking Ban

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,