Free Speech Concerns

Free Speech Concerns - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Jul, 2009 - 2:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2008 - 7:22am / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Free Speech Concerns

Is everyone aware of the CHRC-Canadian Human Rights Commision and the danger being posed to free speech by this organization? It is currently active in prosecuting people presenting factual evidence stating the muslim populations are growing at an alarming rate in comparison to native populations. People should be wary when the organization responsible for enforcing Canada's Human Rights policies is interpreting them with such ambiguity, pandering to illogical people, and stifling free speech.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jul, 2008 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Concerns Speech Free

I am not aware of anything about this. Can you give us more information? A link or news article?

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2008 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Free Speech Concerns History & Civil Business Politics

Check this article out.

https://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Columnist...073261-sun.html

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2008 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Concerns Speech Free

Ok now I see what is being talked about. I think that a newspaper should have the right to publish any editorial they see fit to publish. If someone disagrees with the article then they have that right to send in a editorial as a rebuttal to something that was published. This will help equate the ground. IF someone just complains and asks that the paper be censored then they are not helping anyone and in fact hurting all equally including their selves.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2008 - 7:28am / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Concerns Speech Free

Not only is the problem censorship. These people are trying to prosecute the writers criminally. Therefore trying to deprive them of their freedom and established reputation because of an article presented with researched evidence. This is akin to the people wanting to prosecute global warming doubters for crimes against humanity. What do you say to these less than level headed quirks? Why are they given a voice instead of written off as lunatics as they should be?

One answer may be because they belong to a group. There seems to be sanity in numbers...precisely why pure democracy is a flawed system and must be checked and balanced.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2008 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Free Speech Concerns

It is not so much of a question of why are they suing them but of why it is being allowed. If the courts are allowing such a lawsuit to be brought before it then are they truly supporting the concept of free speech? I think it is some of the petty lawsuits like this that can turn some people off of democracy and the things it allows.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jun, 2009 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns

What is the end point about the Muslim population growth? I think it is a fact that Muslim populations grow at a fast rate especially because they practice polygamy.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2009 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Free Speech Concerns Politics Business Civil & History

Yes, it is definitely because they practice polygamy and because, I think, they frown upon contraceptive devices. Also to come back to the other point made about why suing on grounds such as those is allowed. I think it's allowed because people are drunk on their freedom so they think that they can do whatever they want. Also the judges who allow this aren't that swift on this issue either. They're tossing up two different articles of the human rights that, in this case almost contradict themselves. They don't really know what to do since it's a fairly grey area.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Free Speech Concerns

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,