Free Speech Concerns - Page 2 of 2

Name: Jane Comments: The problem is there - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Jul, 2009 - 1:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2009 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns - Page 2

Name: Jane

Comments: In Britain, you can have as much free speech as you like - as long as you agree that; immigration is a wonderful thing which shouldn't be restricted and to hang with the indigenous people / culture, every indigenous person who so much as suggests that perhaps foreigners shouldn't be given what our people worked hard to pay for and build ( National Health Service, social housing, welfare state etc... )must be labelled RACIST and ostrisized and his opinion sneered at.... In the end, you just shut up, keep your head down, and watch your country be swamped by people who've no right to it.

Be clear about this: I acknowledge and fully respect the contributions and sacrifices made by people from across the British Commonwealth of nations regardless of colour of religion or culture, during WW1 and WW2, from whatever country they come. They did something for our country, many died, and their families absolutely rightly were allowed to settle in this country. Most recently, the Gurkas were AT LAST afforded the respect they deserve and were allowed to settle in Britain. It was an outrage that they were not allowed before. Especially, when any old Tom, Dick and Harry is allowed in from Eastern Europe now because of open borders. The Romanians I see just sit on the street (they are in organised gangs - it's a business) saying "Hello lady.... " and waving cups for money. This is disgusting. They should be kicked out. Our borders are not secure anyway. The government doesn't want to secure them. Same as the government doesn't want to improve education in Britain, which is pitiful now, because with an undereducated population they can manipulate us more easily through the TV, radio etc. Britain is now under the control of the thought police. Adult level debate is not allowed on the BBC, for example. Your comment will not be accepted if it doesn't evince the 'right' opinion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jul, 2009 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns
A Friend

Concerns Speech Free

I think if the judges are still allowing all of this because of the grey areas I hope the voters remember who they are and it the voters have a say they get them out of office.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2009 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Concerns History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Jane

Comments: The problem is there isn't a viable opposition to vote for. The only parties not shying away from these problems are the far right ones, and they are, in my opinion, too sinister to vote for. I don't want my country run by Nazis either! [Link Removed] That is one link I found with the cost of translation services. Then there is the cost to the NHS etc. Where you are, do they spend this much? I think it's riduculous. Surely, especially when times are financially hard, you look after your own first?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep in mind you are on the Canada Board, perhaps you wish to be on the United Kingdom Board if you wish to emphasize your country.

Comments: Sorry. I'm digressing. Free speech has to be exercised responsibly in a civilized society. The government has to consider preventing civil unrest which may be instigated by irresponsible use of free speech. On the other hand, I think that governments, certainly the British government from my experience, makes a very bad job of this. I would say their actions are knee jerk reactions which often invite more knee jerk reactions and / or more sinister manipulation of media to the detriment of societal cohesion.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Free Speech Concerns

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,