Flipping Properties

Flipping Properties - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Jun, 2009 - 12:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2008 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Flipping Properties

Flipping Properties

If you want to maximize your profits off of a property, then the way to do it is to flip properties. Flipping properties is a term that is commonly used in real estate. It is where someone will walk into a property, put in some small changes, and resell the property for more profit. If you want to invest little and make more, then this is a great way to get into the real estate business.

Usually, you will begin flipping a property by finding a home that is under priced for the current real estate market. These are usually called 'fixer upper' homes and are available all the time on the market. Any type of foreclosure, home at an auction, or home that has been neglected can be bought for a lower price. Flipping properties will most likely be done by dealers or retailers, but it is possible for anyone to take part in the art of flipping properties.

After you have found a home that needs some fixing, you will buy it like you would any other home. Usually, you will be liable for going through the mortgage process and will sign a deed of trust for the property. When you do this, you will want to make sure that you do it as a business instead of an individual. As soon as the paper work is done, you can move into the home, make some changes, and put it back on the market for a higher price.

Renovating and reselling is the major art behind flipping properties. If you want to stay ahead in the market and begin to profit, then understanding the basics of this and how to work as a business with real estate is one of the potential ways to make a living. There are several who have worked with real estate and flipping properties that have had the ability to make a large amount of money off of the investments.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2008 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Flipping Properties
A Friend

Properties Flipping

This is something I have been thinking of getting into. I have the know how to take a fixer upper and make it look real nice. The part of reselling it is what I am wondering about. Is it better to resale or would it be more profitable to rent the property out? I have talked to some people in the real estate business and I get a mixed result. Some have rentals and they are making a nice return on their investment. Others flip homes and have a good nest egg going. I am torn over this issue now.

23rd Jul, 2008 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

Flipping Properties History & Civil Business Politics

A lot depends on where the property is located and what your local real estate market is doing. Flipping the property has a faster rate of return. You receive 100% of your profits up front at closing. However, if the rental market in your area is high you could make more of a profit in the long run by holding onto the property for a few years.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

23rd Jul, 2008 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Properties Flipping

Flipping properties is hard to do and is a full time job. The second issue is having enough capital to tie into such a property for a many months at a time since we know on your own 8 weeks is not much in redoing a house top to bottom while working full time. there is also no guarantee you will make any profit after taxes, reality and legal fees. It is easier said then done.

Renting is a safer bet though it can be painful and proper tenant screening a must. In Canada you happen to get a professional renter and you could end up paying your mortgage for 6 months to a year before you can get the tenant out.

Either way caution and good investigation into the proposal is required. I am sure non of this is new to you Klar with your background but thought I would place it to paint more of a picture for those less exposed to this market.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

4th Jun, 2009 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Properties Flipping

This is something I was always interested in doing if I was living abroad but you need a good capital to start and that's something most people aren't willing to risk specially when you don't know the outcome of the transaction.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Jun, 2009 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Flipping Properties

Flipping properties has some serious advantages to renting. Basically, you have no renters. Once you rent to someone, it is very difficult to actually kick them out in the US and takes months. These are typically months where rent is not paid and damage is being done to the dwelling. The key there is discriminating smartly to get the "right" renters... Yes I did say discriminating and meant it. Typically, it is gender and social discrimination. A lot of people that I know that rent out like to rent to women...single women are better because they are less hard on the property and are likely to pay.

Flipping take care of that. You buy low cost and distressed properties. You fix them up for the minimum. You sell them for a profit. The only thing you need is time, capital and skills as a handyman. If you contract the stuff out, you are eating into your profits.

My brother, a few years ago, bought a house for $25k USD. It definitely wasnt a palace. He spent $13K in renovations that made the house look a million times better than when he bought it. He then sold it for $50K USD. Pocketed a nice $10K USD after all the paperwork was paid for.

Basically, if you like working with your hands and have the talent and have some cash to pay for a distressed property outright...this can be a money making hobby of sorts. My brother was told that if he could continue to buy up small little houses like that he could make a pretty good living because he would have no problems selling the house even in a down market. Everyone needs a place to live and in the hard times those little houses sell fast.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Jun, 2009 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Flipping Properties

That is a good point there a little house is often best to do this with. I think also with the baby boomers now becoming closer to retirement these houses will be the most sought after, along with few or no stairs. So if flipping in the near future might be could to keep that in mind.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

5th Jun, 2009 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Flipping Properties Politics Business Civil & History

I think if someone has a profession within the construction area then its a great business because you can do the work yourself, just probably minimum investment.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Flipping Properties

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,