My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign

My Is Anti-kfc Campaign - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Jul, 2008 - 11:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
KentuckyFriedCruelty.com
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2006 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

My Name Is... KentuckyFriedCruelty.com

PETA staffer legally changes his name to a website

Chris Garnett, youth outreach coordinator for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said he changed his name in support of the group's anti-KFC campaign. "People don't believe me at first when I tell them my name, but it never fails to spark a discussion," Garnett, er, KentuckyFriedCruelty.com, said in a statement. "Many vow to boycott KFC after I explain the company's indifference to cruelty to animals."
Ref. Source 4

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

campaign Anti-KFC Is My

First let me say that I completely agree with his assessment that KFC is very indifferent towards animal cruelty. Their mis-treatment of chickens is widely known and even to a meat eater like myself, rather nauseating. That being said, this guy is just being ridiculous. Changing his name to a website is just another stunt in a long line of over the top extremist actions by PETA. They are not helping their cause, they are making it a laughing stock. And this name change is just silly.

4th Jan, 2006 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign History & Civil Business Politics

Were it me, I would have gotten a website and called it kentuckyfriedcruelty.com. But thats just not sensational enough. How exactly does this bring help to his cause, stupid looks and sad shakes of the head don't save any chickens, websites that ask for donations to save the chickens do.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2006 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

campaign Anti-KFC Is My

I have to agree with what Konquererz said about PETA making themself the point of many jokes. I don't know one person who takes them seriously because of their measures they have taken. When PETA is brought up, most people I know, including many vegetarians, rolls their eyes at the entire organization. It's because of acts like this that causes it so. I understand their wanting to make a difference in the world, and I can completely respect that. However, an organization will not be all that effective if nobody takes them seriously. I can commend this man for his willingness to take extreme measures to stand up for his cause, but I would suggest his doing it in a fashion that does not bring ridicule to his stance.

9th Jul, 2008 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

campaign Anti-KFC Is My

I saw online a video where KFC employers were having "fun" with the poor chickens. They were throwing them on the wall, hitting them on the floor like a basketball, standing on them and throwing them in scalded water just to have a laugh.

SICKOS!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2008 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe this guy is a total wacko like the organization of PETA. I think changing your name to a website is not the way to go if you want to be taken seriously.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jul, 2008 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

My Is... Anti-KFC campaign

That's debatable but what do you mean by:

I believe this guy is a total wacko like the organization of PETA.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Jul, 2008 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

My Is... Anti-KFC campaign Politics Business Civil & History

PETA activists are well known for their extreme, over the top measures to try and get their point across that result in damaging their credibility. They show no respect for those who do not think exactly as they do and yet throw a tantrum when they do not get respect in return.
I agree with BabyBlues that they can not effectively create change if nobody takes them seriously. They would better serve their cause if they did the research and presented it in a sane and reasonable manner instead of going to such extremes that in many cases can only be construed as wacko.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: My Name Is... Anti-KFC campaign

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,