Ouija Calls To Repentance? - Page 3 of 3

I have been reading your thoughts here Lindsayjane, - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2008 - 2:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
21st Aug, 2008 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Ouija Calls To Repentance? - Page 3

Hey lindsayjane did you ever go back to church or are you still undecided? When you pray about it what answers do you get?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2008 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Ouija Calls To Repentance?
A Friend

Repentance Calls Ouija

I have gone back to the church...sort of. I haven't prayed about it, but I haven't really felt the need to pray about it. I have prayed about random things, but not about going back. I have read the scriptures intermittently. I have read a lot on message boards. I have just somehow rediscovered my deep love for the gospel that I buried and ignored. It was hidden by disillusionment and the sting of repeated failures to achieve that idyllic mormon life, but it is still there. I know it's true. And I don't think it really took that Ouija board experience to bring it back. I think it would only have been a matter of time, because my love for the Lord and the gospel was always so fierce before and my testimony so sure.

I sacrificed everything for the church and I've lost a lot in the name of religion in my life. I am still enduring the consequences of those sacrifices and I guess I just became discouraged waiting for the blessings that never came...but I don't blame the Lord or the church for that. I probably made plenty of bad choices and some things are just circumstance. Something I need to endure.

But the "sort of" part comes in because I work every Sunday so I'm not ever able to go to church. That situation isn't negotiable right now. I just got a new management position and I have to work to support my kids. But beyond that, I love the church and feel that it is true, but my past is tragic and my present is complicated and I'm not sure quite how to get from here to an active, faithful lifestyle. I'm kind of in limbo right now. I am up against more loss and persecution and pain when I return and I'm trying to work up the courage to face that.

As a side note, I haven't used a Ouija board since and don't ever plan to again. I am well aware of the potential dangers.

22nd Aug, 2008 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Ouija Calls To Repentance? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have been reading your thoughts here Lindsayjane, and I will just like to say "congratulations" and that I do understand what you mean. Not in exact terms, but I understand the feelings of expectation that life sometimes does not grant, just thought I would say that for what it is worth.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Ouija Calls To Repentance?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,