Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 16 of 88

I think the best option would be for you to - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Oct, 2016 - 5:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 88 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
25th Oct, 2016 - 3:32am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 16

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I was waiting to see if we were expecting anyone else to join in or hear back from Roland about continuing. Carrick has said his feelings on the matter and I don't think he has much more to take care of in town if everyone is ready to move forward.

I do just want to ask if Carrick was able to convince Tywin about getting the outlying farms back up to production per his plans. If that would be out of Carrick's capabilities then that's fine.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I agree about moving forward. Not much more to add at this point. I am sure in the post you will give us a basic impression of the good priest…

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'm fine with moving forward. Zinna has nothing else to take care of. She has been unpleasant enough for now to Daishan's paladin *smile* Please don't take any of that personally Daishan. Zinna doesn't care for religion or authority too much.

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 16 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

But of course. He proudly bears a symbol she's come to despise. I think she'll find he lacks many of the qualities that originally led her to despise the church, but that kind of realization isn't going to come from a brief conversation like that, if indeed it comes at all. Leo's just gonna have to be patient tongue.gif.

Also, Master Dungeon Master, a potential problem has occurred to me. I picked the Great Weapon Fighting style, which lets me reroll heavy melee weapon damage dice once if the first roll is a 1 or 2. Since adding an extra 30 minutes to the wait time to see the final result is less than ideal, it would be preferable to address that some other way. I can think of a few methods.

-option 1, I automatically roll all damage dice twice, and you get to remember to take the second one if the first is below threshhold. Technically works as the style intends, but is an extra burden on you.
-option 2, I tell the dice not to go below either a 2 or 3. The first would be of slightly less statistical benefit than the normal increase in expected damage, the second would be slightly more.
-option 3, we give up on it and I swap for a different fighting style that doesn't play shenanigans with dice. Somewhat disappointing, as none of the others have as good a synergy with his setup, but ah well.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Oct, 2016 - 1:06pm

Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Also, does anyone know how to contact Allesand? It looks to me like he and his character Roland have not been seen for over a week.

If he's that unresponsive, we may want to go ahead and bring Delgar's wizard in. It would generally make more sense to hook up with someone like that in town than in the wilds.

25th Oct, 2016 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Maker says...

Last call for Roland! If I do not hear from Alessand by the end of the day I will open the slot to Delgar. It will be assumed that Roland travels to the City of Vollandar for some business, I won't kill off the character so that he has the opportunity to rejoin later since he didn't leave mid adventure.

international QUOTE
So just how effective a tool is Lay on Hands on your scale?

I think I forgot to answer this question. The effectiveness is going to depend on the level of the Paladin for the most part. At 1st-2nd level the paladin could probably cure most common ailments, most infections, and even several life threatening diseases; for the most part anything that could be cured by more common modern medicines. Hope that helps.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Oct, 2016 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 16

Thank you, certainly a reasonable way to handle it. Any response to the query I made in the post just before my last?

25th Oct, 2016 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

The Maker says...

I think the best option would be for you to go ahead and roll damage twice; I don't think it will be that difficult to sort it out if you make sure to note in the dice roller that the second roll is for the feat. So in the description of the roll you could maybe put:

Damage

Damage (GWF Feat)

That way I have a visible reminder of why you are rolling damage twice.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.