Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 18 of 88

That is true, you did not explicitly state - Page 18 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Oct, 2016 - 3:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 88 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 27th Oct, 2016 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 18

As long as the Dungeon Master is cool with your character concept, I have no problem with it. Though I may need a bit more explanation about the Akashic Order. My understanding was they regulated the use of magic via the Templars. I thought the Church was cool with clerics and paladins, but straight-up mages were, shall we say, frowned upon… I like the concept, mind you, I just want to make sure I get how it fits in this world.

On another note, I don't think we actually answered the question after the first adventure of stuff found on the bodies in the cave. Carrick might have said something about collecting Aves' stuff to get back to his family, but as to the rest of the victims it was not made explicit. Corren would have said most of it should compensate victims and their families. Now if some of the relatives of the deceased wanted to thank the Defenders by donating to the cause, well, maybe we can start a separate account for funds for the Defenders, and have it maintained by the Reeve and/or Guard.

Sponsored Links:
27th Oct, 2016 - 1:49am / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The wise says...

Sorry yes when I say order I am refering to the wizards guild my character is a part of the Arcane Order of Knowledge. He is not a fan of the Akashic Order he generally agrees with how magic should be handled but not the way the church goes about it. I will be more clear with future posts.

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2016 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well, that would seem to clear that up. Delgar, you might want to go ahead and post in the main thread, we've got an initiative worthy encounter incoming, so its all hands on deck. I presume you're all right with your position in the marching order?

Come to think on it, do you want Malek and Leo to know each other from prior? Probably not close friends given their respective positions and differences in outlook, but enough history to land them on this task together. A voucher from a Pally (In addition to Malek's other contacts of course) would help explain a mage getting a slot on a church run mission.

Just as an example for how they might've met, I've been imagining Leo's first real task as having been a junior brother tagging along with a group hunting down a particularly nasty Necromancer (Akashic order not involved, none were available in the area and swift action was a must). Obtaining assistance from a mage, even one still in training, when things turn sour would make sense in such a case. Regardless, if you want to do something of the sort, we can hash out the details later.

P.S. Corren, its your decision of course, both in character and out, but I think it might do better if you and Mradoric take up the Rear Flank positions. The three of us would then form a triangle around Marcellus and Malek at the center, the two of you would have clearer lines of sight and less in the way of people impeding movement, and Corren would still be in a good position to communicate with everyone. That's my take on it at any rate. The lineup you described sounds good for tunnels and other indoor environments, but we can spread out a bit in a completely open area like the current one.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Oct, 2016 - 2:29am

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2016 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 18 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

We will keep the marching order as previously described. As you said if we were in a wide open area, spreading out would make more sense. But even though the ground cover has thinned, we are in the woods. My dad taught me a saying when teaching me to hunt (Gawd, was it really about 40-some years ago? I am getting old!), "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but there are no straight lines in the woods."

27th Oct, 2016 - 3:26am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
I thought the Church was cool with clerics and paladins, but straight-up mages were, shall we say, frowned upon

The Church does not have a problem with Mages/wizards the simply want to regulate their use of magic to safeguard society. Warlocks on the other hand are certainly frowned upon because they are believed to gain their powers from the Destroyer or one of the Destroyers minions. The arcane regulatory arm of the Church is the Akashic Order and they utilize Inquisitors to hunt down apostate wizards and magic users.

Malek's background look good

international QUOTE
On another note, I don't think we actually answered the question after the first adventure of stuff found on the bodies in the cave.

Covered in the Epilogue on page 39 of the Main Thread, though it was tucked into the middle of the post and could easily be overlooked:

Coins and items taken from the bodies of the goblins are given to the party as loot and totals a mere 11gp and a small stone of 1 lapis lazuli worth 10 gp.

if you do take what is found on the elves you can add another 10gp and 7sp and of course there would be various weapons (Daggers, swords, etc) as well as Aves equipment:

Light Crossbow
2 Daggers
Staff
Leather Armour
Hunting Trap
Wolf Paw on the belt(Trophy)
Traveler Cloths
Explorer's Pack
Small Tent
Flute
Component Pouch

I did not include any loot from the human bodies because 1.) there wouldn't be much and 2.) I assumed the party was not going to loot their bodies but would allow the families to recover their items. (Let me know if this is not the case).

Post Date: 27th Oct, 2016 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, I did see that in the post, but I don't think we officially said whether or not we were looting the bodies. I just wanted to say explicitly that we did not get the stuff from the humans and elves.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Oct, 2016 - 3:35am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 18

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I figured we'd give any personal belongings to next of kin type of thing and any money pillaged from beings of the destroyer would go into a collective fund?

27th Oct, 2016 - 3:36am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 18

The Maker says...

That is true, you did not explicitly state that. I will make a note of it, but the party should probably discuss how they want to split any loot, particularly in the future,.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 27th Oct, 2016 - 3:45am

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.