Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 24 of 88

I think it is best if Zinna tries alone, if - Page 24 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Nov, 2016 - 12:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 88 pgs.  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
31st Oct, 2016 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 24

The Maker says...

The party did not have the opportunity to retrieve the horses so two of them are running around the Wilds somewhere. The others were spooked and you were in the process of calming them when the priest was shot, they are still there but still spooked.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2016 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Well, if they let us go with the horses we do have, we can manage. I am half-tempted to say we would be able to leave faster if they helped us retrieve the ones that fled. wink.gif.

31st Oct, 2016 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Would Carrick be allowed to "Assist" in the attempt at diplomacy giving Zinna advantage on the roll? I think I have a way to back up how it would apply in a post, but don't necessarily want to say it here as this is not the main thread. I just want to know if you're allowing "Assists" before I do anything.

31st Oct, 2016 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 24 Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

I would allow an assist but because Carrick is not only male but also not an elf and the party is dealing with a matriarchal style elf who really doesn't like non-elves and believes that men should be subordinate to women you would need to roll an assist at disadvantage and if you fail while Zinna succeeds you will basically undo her success. If Zinna fails as well the situation will likely get worse. It's up to you if you want to take the chance.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2016 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Well, Zinna would most likely look to the others and Corren in particular before pressing it. I have a +5 in diplomacy but even then it is most likely going to fail which could result in all of our deaths. I'm thinking of going with us leaving and staying alive unless the group wants to risk it for some reason.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2016 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well, it may only be a 25% chance of success, but that doesn't mean a 75% chance of death. Most likely outcome of trying I think is just being told to go once more.

As I see it however, her motivation is the other consideration. I may be missing something, she is your character after all, but I don't see Zinna pushing too hard for this mission's sake, especially not after what just happened with the Father.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Nov, 2016 - 12:30am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 24

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I am ok with whatever the group decides. Though I will say, if I were to "Assist", I have no bonus to charisma (Scruffy dwarf who loves the forest more than city folk, remember, (Laugh)) and rolling at disadvantage to then apply to Zinna's affectivness is probably not the best plan.

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2016 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 24

I think it is best if Zinna tries alone, if that is she wishes to do so at all. Any of us assisting could turn it from a "It shouldn't hurt to try" situation to a "It can definitely hurt" one.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.