Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 32 of 88

Damn it… the reason I wanted Carrick - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 1:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 88 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2016 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 32

Not to be too much of a downer, but while our bard has been incapacitated and the mage running, some of those bad guys went down due to the Unknown group shadowing us. I think we did okay, but our since we didn't know they were about to move out and we did not get a good ambush set, that really hurt us as well. I still think keeping Malek to Sleep and/or Magic Missile a few times would have helped.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2016 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Nat 20!

Right then, if the orcs are in enough of a hurry to leave him behind unmolested, not only will Leo live to fight again, he'll be able to get up and limp around in 4 rounds. If others are down and bleeding out in the area, he can try to stabilize them with Med checks. No more than that though, completely tapped out of Lay on Hands juice.

I'd be looking for ways to disengage people, or at least split the group up enough that some can escape. There's not much more that can be accomplished here, and the orcs that had been focused on Leo are about to make your day even worse.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Nov, 2016 - 2:11pm

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2016 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Daishain, from my calculations you were one point away from instant death that last turn. Very close. You had better hope the orcs have moved on before you begin limping around. Your poor horse is no more as well. What a gruesome ending for him.

This is a strange adventure. I can t complain about the poison because I'm being taken away from sure death. I haven't had one round of combat on this adventure where I could act freely. That monster ambushed me and picked me up almost killing me before I could act. Now I keep getting poisoned before I can do anything. I think Aeric has something against bards *smile*.

30th Nov, 2016 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 32 Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Well the Ankheg was more of a random thing in terms of who it targeted and Zinna managed to draw the short straw on that one. This encounter, however, she has been specifically targeted and assuming no one manages to come to her aid she will find out soon enough why that is.

30th Nov, 2016 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Hmm, so for the next three rounds Leo is still thought to be "Dying", but seeing the natural 20 on what would be the fourth round, we have to keep that out of our character knowledge as well as the very real likelyhood that orcs may just keep chopping him up, dealing an automatic death failure per hit. That's the problem with rolling that far in advance; yes, we can see that Leo may be fine in a few rounds as players, but the Dungeon Master can also see that and if so inclined, choose to murder him now, if not already going to…

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2016 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Most Orcs do not keep attacking a dead creature if there are live ones that are still causing injury unless of course they are very hungry and want to cook you on the spot. I do not see that happening here. I just hope my monk can last for a bit and cause more death for them. He does have healing skills as far as bandaging. Maybe like a combat medic. Patch you up enough to save you so you can be healed other ways.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2016 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 32

Oh indeed, but if I'm going to be dead due to further happenings, I'm going to be dead regardless of what I roll. I've certainly justified that consequence, so can't complain. Just glad to see luck grant something of a chance.

As for moving around before the orcs move on. Believe it or not, Leo's neither reckless nor suicidal, just devoted enough to consider his life a lower priority than his duty. He would lie still and wait unless he thought getting up early and being cut down again would actually accomplish something.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Nov, 2016 - 5:50pm

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

Damn it… the reason I wanted Carrick to get away is because he was unwounded, and as a ranger had the best chance of evading the orcs. Now Corren is down (I will roll death saving throws shortly), and Carrick is in really deep trouble.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.