Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 34 of 88

Well ugh. I was afraid this was going to happen. - Page 34 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Dec, 2016 - 6:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 88 pgs.  30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2016 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 34

My thoughts on the herbs and stuff. While in the book it says this about the basic herbalism kit: Proficiency with this kit lets you add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make to identify or apply herbs. Also, proficiency with this kit is required to create antitoxin and potions of healing.)

Thus it is my take that if I can find and use the herbs then yes a small type of healing like the 1d4 should be something that a ranger or monk may know of that can help a player character heal a bit faster.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2016 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I'm a little late to add this in. I don't think it would have affected anything before with the death saves. Everyone rolled really well. I don't think that constitution modifiers should be added to the roll. It's a DC10 so if someone has a plus 3 or plus 4 constitution modifier they are rarely if ever going to fail more saves than they make. To me it takes some suspense out of the game. As the rules were written if your character is dying it's truly a coin toss if you make it or not. If someone has a character with a plus 4 or 5 constitution bonus they can act recklessly with no real fear their character might die. I feel that you always should have to be aware that your character could die. This takes away from that. What about if someone has a constitution penalty? Does that count against them on the roll? It makes constitution far and away the most important stat. Just boost constitution as much as possible knowing that makes your character basically immortal. Those are just my thoughts and opinions only. I'm just worried about how it could affect the game down the road.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 3rd Dec, 2016 - 8:24pm

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2016 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A character with 4-5 constitution would rightly be legendarily tough to kill. A character with 4-5 constitution is also unlikely to be good at anything else. Investing that much in constitution is expensive, as Con is by far the least useful ability in terms of anything other than taking damage.

Frankly, if someone tries to take advantage, they're likely to get their party killed, and then they die anyways, as all it takes is a few extra stabs when they're down to keep them that way, not matter how high they push Con.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Dec, 2016 - 8:44pm

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2016 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 34 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I see your point. However, even getting a plus two bonus on constitution (Which a lot of characters have) turns the coin toss into a 60 percent chance of success. Barbarians, Rangers and dwarves off the top of my head can get high constitutions without sacrificing much. Those are primary stats many times for those types of characters. Many players play barbarians as tanks soaking up damage with high constitution.

My charisma and Dexterity stats are already pretty good. It would be smart now for me to boost constitution at every chance now. My bardic abilities might not be quite as good but I can't perform any bardic activities if I'm dead. Most enemies won't keep attacking an apparent corpse just like the orcs didn't. We may have to agree to disagree Daishain. This is just my viewpoint. I'm not arguing to change Aeric's or anyone else's mind. I just see the potential for abuse.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 3rd Dec, 2016 - 9:17pm

3rd Dec, 2016 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

I feel CON is already, in a way, giving a bonus to death saves. No, there is no direct modifier to the roll, but the higher a characters CON the harder, theoretically, the are to put down and thus are probably going roll significantly fewer death saves then other characters with not as high CON or HP.
I agree that any modifiers applied to death saves just based on CON (Magic and other things are a different topic) does take the fear of "Real" death out of many players minds. I think the developers took in to account all of this when making the death save rules.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2016 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

KNtoran, just so you know when you are dropped below zero HP, you are just at zero, while doing death saving rolls. You are not at negative whatever, so any healing you get gives you positive HP. Mradoric is at 2 HP. Still, none of us are in great shape. I am thinking we at least need a short rest to gain HP back.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 34

I normally loathe meta-gaming, but I feel the need to point this out. Carrick is the only one who knows about the elves that were targeting him and Zinna. It might be good information to share.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2016 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 34

Well ugh. I was afraid this was going to happen. It's doubtful Zinna survives this. The rest of the group is too far away to reach her in time. The spells she has available are almost useless against elves. She has no weapon available. I don't think she can talk her way out of this one. I might be the one rolling a new character soon. sad.gif.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.