Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 37 of 88

My rulebook is at home, and I won't - Page 37 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Dec, 2016 - 2:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 88 pgs.  33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
Post Date: 10th Dec, 2016 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 37

Come now, no more pessimism. Always darkest before the dawn,and all that. We'll rescue the fair damsel, though it also won't surprise me if we arrive as she is busting her self out, too. Also, I really like the idea of the duergar using spiders…

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2016 - 5:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Query, as we follow along, how tricksy and false do we notice these particular elves being in the direction of their course?

Basically I'm wondering if it is at all possible for the group to ride for a mile or so in the trail's direction at a reasonably fast pace, then spread out in an effort to find traces again and confirm the direction. We're likely to need to backtrack a few times doing that, but if the path is relatively straight for any significant segments, that method is liable to be notably faster than the 8 miles a day we're looking at now (Or 12 a day if convinced to abandon all caution and risk being ambushed in the night, torch light carries a long way, and most of the party would require such to avoid broken ankles and the like.).

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Dec, 2016 - 5:31am

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2016 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Aeric, would Zinna know that elves are immune to the sleep spell? That's her most potent spell for this situation. I dislike player knowledge being used for the character. She would use that spell if given the opportunity. This is assuming she can recover her lute somehow.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2016 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 37 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

One other question for you Aeric. Do you allow multi classing? I'm already planning ahead to 3rd level. (If I survive of course.) If you don't I will understand.

13th Dec, 2016 - 2:07am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

So this could just be the "Dwarven drive" within Carrick, but he'd be more inclined to push on and take the CON save. But, this should be a party decision so I will defer the majority.

13th Dec, 2016 - 2:16am / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
Aeric, would Zinna know that elves are immune to the sleep spell? That's her most potent spell for this situation. I dislike player knowledge being used for the character. She would use that spell if given the opportunity. This is assuming she can recover her lute somehow.

Elves generally being immune to these kinds of enchantments is probably common knowledge so Zinna would likely know this.

international QUOTE
Do you allow multi classing?

I do allow multiclassing though you will need to be able to justify the shift into a different class, but I'm not worried about your ability to be creative in doing so.

international QUOTE
as we follow along, how tricksy and false do we notice these particular elves being in the direction of their course?

I may have answered this in the Main thread, but these elves are very difficult to track and do not leave much physical evidence behind which is slowing the party down significantly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2016 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 37

The multi classing has a lot to do with the roleplaying. It all depends upon how exactly things go with Zinna in her current predicament. The situation she is in is what made me think about multi classing. I have a couple of fun ideas related to this and will have a creative explanation for it *smile*.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2016 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 37

My rulebook is at home, and I won't get back for a few more hours from work, so I did a quick search. If I read it correct, if we fail the CON save and are Exhausted (Or Fatigued), we get Disadvantage on skill checks. Considering that we might be at this awhile, and the second level is even worse (Half-speed), Corren is going to order the group to rest. We'd be no good for anyone if we got to the Illiosani and were not at our best. We're going to be outnumbered at a minimum, and probably outclassed. We'll need to be sneaky, and probably ready for a fight. The idea of dealing with unnecessary Disadvantage sounds like a recipe for failure. Now, if I have the effects incorrect, our Dungeon Master can correct me and I will reconsider.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.