Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 45 of 88

Aeric, did Oomigig use his bardic inspiration - Page 45 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Jan, 2017 - 9:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 88 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (88) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Help Only those interested in this RPG Dungeons and Dragons
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
25th Jan, 2017 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 45

The Maker says...

From the way I read the spell description I am actually inclined to believe that Faerie Fire could be used in the manner that Zinna is suggesting because the spell outlines any objects and creatures within a twenty foot cube; it doesn't say that the creature or object has to be seen by the caster in order to outline them with light only that someone attacking the creature must be able to see it to gain the benefit of it. While the elves are using the foliage of the trees as concealment Faerie Fire would likely outline them in such a way that the leaves and such would no longer be able to break up their silhouette sufficiently. This doesn't apply for any elves hiding behind more solid things like tree trunks though.

On the other hand it depends on whether the trees/leaves are considered objects and whether the spell allows the caster to assign different colors to different objects. The spell description does not say other than stating the it is the caster's choice what color the outline is; but it doesn't say that the caster can assign each object a different color.

I think I will adjudicate it like this: The caster can assign one color to objects and another color to creatures and in this case trees are considered more of an object even though they are living things, unless they are treants, they are not creatures per se.

That being the case Zinna could cast Faerie fire which may outline at least one of the elves and counter the disadvantage currently in place.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support
A Friend

Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

My understanding, which could easily be wrong mind you, is it is also a concentration spell, so it could be lost if Zinna gets hurt. And for it to be effective they have to fail the Dexterity roll, so I think that is fair. And to save us from asking if we have Advantage or Disadvantage on any enemy in particular, may I suggest we all roll twice. If it is normal, Aeric will ignore the second roll. If it is Ad/Disad, he will already have the roll there.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2017 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Aeric, since I can use that spell like that can I change my action from Dissonant Whispers to Faerie Fire? If so I will outline the objects as green and the elves as blue. I will keep my bonus action the same. I would target it towards the sound of Adsila's voice. If not possible, I'll just keep the previously posted action.

Post Date: 27th Jan, 2017 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 45 Support and Questions e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

I assume we are still going in Initiative order. If the group is able to follow Lorilys, Corren will do it, though it dependson whether the elves are visible on his turn. If he can see any, especially Adsila, he most likely will attack.

28th Jan, 2017 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Support and Questions Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Quick question about Parsnip's location, is the tree his body is pinned to near enough to Carrick that he could feasibly retrieve him as the group turns and tries to escape with the fog as cover? If that is what the group decided to do of course.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did we have a chance to grab our horses and gear or no?

I think the only thing of Leo's he wouldn't have taken into the tunnel was his Maul, and I don't think anyone else had bulky stuff of that type. Still would be good to determine what we have with us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jan, 2017 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support - Page 45

The Maker says...

international QUOTE
Quick question about Parsnip's location, is the tree his body is pinned to near enough to Carrick that he could feasibly retrieve him as the group turns and tries to escape with the fog as cover?

Yes, Carrick would be able to retrieve Parsnips body before they flee.

international QUOTE
Did we have a chance to grab our horses and gear or no?

Yes, you have managed to grab your horses and gear.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 45

Aeric, did Oomigig use his bardic inspiration bonus? Just wanted to make sure the poor orc gets all the breaks he can *smile*.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.