Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 16 of 150

Corren's rapier is turned aside by - Page 16 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2016 - 9:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 150 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
18th Aug, 2016 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 16

The Maker says...

Corren sneaks up behind the cluster of goblins and drives his rapier through the back of the closest one. His sword tears through the small little creatures torso and he sees the goblin look down at his chest where the point of Corren's sword is now sticking out. The goblin falls forward off of the blade and crumples to the ground. The other two goblins look down at the body of their comrade and then look at Corren.

Suddenly Corren sees their eye lids flutter and and their eyes roll back into their head as they join their comrade on the ground, though while their comrade lies dead, they begin to snore loudly as Zinna's sleep spell takes effect.

The orc stalks toward Roland and the two meet; the muscular orc swings his mighty ax but Roland ducks beneath the attack

Out of Character: : Roland is next in the initiative order and I need an attack and damage roll before I can move to address Mradoric's actions ; it is helpful, and may help move things along quicker, if you go ahead and roll attack and damage if you anticipate that your character will be attacking in the next round or so.

Initiative: Corren-22; Zinna-17; Orc-17 Roland-15; Mradoric-14; Carrick-13; Goblins-6.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2016 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Out of Character: : Alessand, I forgot to mention one thing about the bardic inspiration bonus you have now. You can wait to see the result of your roll before you decide to use it. You have to use the bonus D6 before the Dungeon Master says whether you hit or not though.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 19th Aug, 2016 - 12:36am

Post Date: 20th Aug, 2016 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ot: sorry had problems with the university
__

Barely noticing the goblins Roland keep charging straight towards the orc while a surge of energy comes to him "I think I have to thank that little girl later if we both survive"
Then with the approaching impact only a fast pray to the Maker can be heard "Don't let this be their last day… "

22nd Aug, 2016 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Page 16 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

After ducking beneath the orcs attack, Roland slashes his blade across the massive orcs mid section and hears the satisfying sound of his sword biting into flesh eliciting a slight spray of blackish orc blood.

Mradoric thrusts his staff at the goblin that attempted to attack Roland but the small creature's head snaps to the side in time to avoid the blow. Carrick launches an arrow at the goblin in the barn and with a loud thwack the arrow embeds in the wood.

The goblin that had attempted to strike at Roland turns his attention to Mradoric and slices at him with his scimitar catching Mradoric on his left shoulder drawing a slight amount of blood (3 damage). Meanwhile the goblin in the barn returns fire at Carrick, who deftly steps aside forcing the arrow to lodge in the ground.

Initiative: Corren-22; Zinna-17; Orc-17 Roland-15; Mradoric-14; Carrick-13; Goblins-6.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2016 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Mradoric will keep attacking any goblin that is near him. HE wants to make sure they do not get away with any of the farmers possessions.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2016 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Corren's eyes widen as the other two goblins before him drop soundlessly. He flashes a grateful smile at Zinna as he moves towards the orc currently engaged with Roland. Corren is obviously visible, but he hopes the orc is so focused on the brawny fighter that he is unaware of the young rogue's approach. But even if it hears Corren, it would be a grave mistake for the creature to change alter its target. Regardless Corren darts forward, running on the balls of his feet, almost on tiptoe, to maintain as silent as approach as possible, before attempting to run the foul beast through.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2016 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 16

Seeing the goblins collapse Zinna grins in return to Corren. She walks towards the conflict. Zinna was thinking about helping Roland with the brute Orc but he has help on the way with Corren.

She notices Mradoric being struck and winces. The young monk needs help! As she is walking she thinks about how to help. A smile curves up the corners of her mouth as she thinks about an amusing way to help. She eyes the goblin fighting Mradoric and begins walking a little closer. Zinna begins calling out a string of colorful insults to the goblin engaged with Mradoric. She grasps the hilt of her rapier just in case he charges her and continues the barrage of insults.

Specific Action: Zinna casts her vicious mockery cantrip at the goblin. Saving throw DC: 13. (8 + charisma bonus + 3 and charisma proficiency + 2.).
Out of Character: : Aeric, I'm still learning these 5th edition rules. I get proficiency for saving throws using charisma. I don't know if I get that bonus for casting as well. I can't find it in the rules. I listed it in the action but now I'm not sure. I just wanted you to be aware *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Aug, 2016 - 9:14pm

22nd Aug, 2016 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 16

The Maker says...

Corren's rapier is turned aside by the orc as he becomes aware of the rogues approach at the last second and deflects the strike with the hilt of his axe. The orc uses the momentum to bring his axe around in another wide arc, this time aimed at Corren. The blade of the axe connects doing 7 damage!

Zinna begins hurling insults at the goblin nearest Roland and you can see a wince of pain cross the creatures features for a moment and it snarls and spits in rage (Goblin failed the saving throw and will have disadvantage on its next attack)

Out of Character: : Unless it is a killing blow I am going to let the players describe what it looks like when they take damage unless doing so would interrupt the flow of combat. You can describe what part of your characters body is hit and what the wound may be like; obviously taking into account the actual damage dealt i.e. For 1hp damage (When the character has 9hp) "The enemy sword slides across the characters forearm drawing a small trickle of blood" vs 8hp (When the character only has 9hp) "The arrow buries itself deep in the characters gut, forcing a painful grunt" If all I include in the post is that the attack hits and damage done, then that means I am looking to the player to describe the hit. You do not have to wait until your turn to describe this unless you want to make it part of your post on your turn.

Of course mechanically speaking this has no effect until you drop to 0hp, but it makes for good imagery I think. Plus, it gives the player a little more narrative control over combat.

Initiative: Corren-22; Zinna-17; Orc-17; Roland-15; Mradoric-14; Carrick-13; Goblins-6.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.