Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 25 of 150

Unless specifically instructed to stay, Carrick - Page 25 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Sep, 2016 - 5:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 150 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2016 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 25

Myadoric stays with the wagon looking around but also keeping a good eye on the three prisoners. He is glad the farm seems well tended and well guarded by the father and the older boys.

He will watch while Roland looks about to see if anything looks odd. He feels that we can keep a eye on this farm as we use the previous farm as a base of operations until we find where the issue is coming from and exactly what it is.

Sponsored Links:
9th Sep, 2016 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

As Zinna enters the cottage she finds a quaint, rustic and well lived in space similar in design to the cottages that make up the other farmsteads. Kenna is busy adding various ingredients into a large steel pot that stands on a wood burning stove while the young lady is placing simple clay plates on the sturdy but obviously worn table that dominates the middle of the hearth. There are eight chairs surrounding the large table and combined they take up a majority of the space. A hallway extends from the far wall and there are three doors lining the hallway two on the left and one on the right.

Kenna greats Zinna warmly and invites her to help peel potatoes that she intends to add to a stew that she is making. “You’re not a burden at all” she says returning Zinna’s smile “we rarely ever have visitors out here and I don’t get to town much so it’s nice to have company once in awhile.

Kenna introduces the young woman as her daughter, Anna. The girl is pretty, in a plain sort of way, though her long brown hair is pulled back in a ponytail with strands of hair escaping the tie making her appear disheveled. Anna smiles at Zinna there is an undertone of perhaps jealousy that leaks out.

Aside from the hint of jealousy Zinna does not perceive anything about the interaction that the women have with her that would seem odd or suggest that they are hiding anything.

Anna does asks Zinna a lot of questions about Clear Creek and what life is like there, lamenting the fact that the last time she was in the village was over two months ago. Most of the time her father and her brothers make the trips into Clear Creek for supplies and to haul in the harvest, leaving Anna and her mother to watch the youngest boy, Eachann, and see to the homestead.

Overall both Anna and her mother seem to lead fairly sheltered lives, rarely getting away from the farm. After a time Zinna finds herself sitting at the table with Anna, who continues to bombard her with questions that eventually turn to Zinna’s companions, especially Roland. She probes Zinna at first with questions designed to gauge Zinna’s relationship with Roland then moving to questions designed to determine if he is currently involved with anyone romantically; commenting that it must be difficult for Zinna to be around a man who seems so strong, mature and gallant.

As the questions move toward Roland, Kenna gives Anna a look of disapproval though “You’re father would never approve of it” she says in a tone that suggests Anna may as well accept it as final “you know how he feels about soldiers, not to mention mercenaries. Plus he’s too old for you dear.”

“Aunt Móirne was younger than me when she married Uncle Donall and he was almost fifty at the time” Anna counters

“That was different; her marriage was arranged by your grandfather and your uncle just like my marriage to your father was arranged by your grandfathers. That’s the way it works.”

+ + +

At the barn Baltair walks with Roland to the barn and helps pull out small stacks of hay for the horses along with buckets of water. Looking around as they work, Roland does not see anything that strikes him as being out of place or odd.

In the meantime Tomag gives a slight sigh of relief when Corren explains that the visit has nothing to do with the young lady “Oh ok” he says with smile “you’re talking about Meaghan Dinsmore.”

Tomag takes another drink of water and wipes his mouth with the back of his hand before continuing “Courting, sure… you could call it that I guess. No luck though with that one; bit of a tease. Last time I saw her was last week I think out near the Dinsmore farm to tell her I was moving on. I didn’t really notice anything unusual but she did say something to me about seeing shadows moving at night and feeling like she was being watched. I just chalked it up to her trying to get me to stay with her.”

+ + +

At the wagon, Mradoric keeps an eye on the goblins. They don’t appear to make any attempt to break their bonds or escape they just start jabbering something in their high pitched yet gutteral language, look at Mradoric, and giggle wildly.

9th Sep, 2016 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick, who has been standing silent, narrows his eyes on the young man as he begins to speak so brashly about the girls and slightly frustrated blurts, "So ye jus blow off th' lass an' her concerns ev'n tho' ye be very much aware of th' increased goblin raids?! Cause yer ol' man jus told us ye be fightin' 'em off!"
The dwarf, realizing he might be raising his voice a bit, continues a little quieter, "What kinda man, r'gardless of yer feelins 'bout them, jus outright ignores a woman that has a legitimate fear? At th' very least, report it to someone else iffin ye be not man 'nuff to look into it on yer own!"
Carrick almost starts saying somethings else, but stops and looks off away from Tomag. Visibly angry, Carrick begins to stroke his white braid in his beard and awaits either Corren's indignation or Tomags response.

Out of Character: Carrick will use this opportunity to listen how Tomag responds. Insight below.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 9th Sep, 2016 - 11:45pm

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Insight on D20 (+2): 12 (1 roll)

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2016 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 25 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Corren looks a little surprised by Carrick's dressing down of the young man, but then adds, "My friend here has a point. If you treat ladies so cavalierly, you're likely to develop a reputation for being faithless. Once that gets around, you're apt to be more lonely than you'd like. Anyway, thank you for your time. If you think of anything else you've seen or heard out of the ordinary, please let us know before we leave after supper." He is already thinking they might stake out the farm tonight, to see if anything comes in the night…

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2016 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Mradoric watches the goblins as they talk back and forth in their language. He does not mind that they are talking. They can enjoy themselves for now but as long as they are alive we can hope that they can lead us to their lair and from there maybe we can get more answers as to what is going on. Hopefully soon so if the other families are still alive so we can save them if we can.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2016 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zinna studies the two women casually as they chat. They don't seem to be hiding anything so she just enjoys the talk. When Anna starts probing about Roland Zinna hides a smile. Upon hearing that it must be hard for her to be around him she barely keeps from raising her eyebrows. " He is truly a powerful man. A noble warrior. " Hearing Kenna's disapproval she changes the subject. " I am an entertainer by trade. I would love to play a song for you two in payment for your kind hospitality. She removes her cloak and places it over a chair and straightens her hair up as much as she can. Zinna removes her backpack and grasps her lute. She begins strumming the lute and sings a slow happy song about clouds and sunny days. She grins at them while she plays.

Specific Action: performance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Sep, 2016 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 25

The Maker says...

Tomag stands for a moment, mouth agape, as Carrick lays into him about his treatment of young women and he seems genuinely surprised that anyone would consider his behavior to be inappropriate.

“Yeah well, anyway I have work to do. Help yourself to more water if you want” he says trying to appear nonchalant. Dropping the ladle into the bucket causing some water to splash out onto the dirt Tomag quickly walks away.

Kenna thanks Zinna for sharing her talent with them and Anna shows particular interest in Zinna’s ability. “I wish I had such talent” she laments “but I never have time for those kinds of things”

Kenna admonishes her daughter, telling her to accept the lot that she has been given in life. “The Maker grants us all different talents and roles to fill”

Eventually Kenna sounds the dinner bell calling everyone from the field. Everyone files into the cottage where Kenna and Anna serve the stew along with cups of stout meade, they invite the party to eat first and use the table while the boys are sent to eat in their room or outside. If anyone does not want to sit at the table or suggests that they are putting out the family in some way Kenna waves this off and insists that the party members are guests and hospitality dictates that they be treated in this manner; it would be seen as an insult to refuse such hospitality.

After everyone finishes eating the boys return to the fields while Cormag invites Corren to remain at the table to talk. He sends Anna out to work in the garden so he may speak plainly with Corren and anyone else present.

Cormag produces a cob pipe and packs it with tobacco and offers some to everyone else then uses a tindertwig to light it and takes several puffs before speaking “The Reeve must be busy indeed if he sent you all the way out here. Normally Tywin makes his rounds and sees us personally a few times a year. You said that Dinsmore and Morris farms were raided? That is troubling indeed. What does the Reeve suggest we do? My boys are stout for sure, but in the end they are farmers not warriors. They make more noise than anything. We had a run in with some goblins about a week or so ago but they ran off when confronted. Figured they were just poking around to see if they could steal anything. It would seem perhaps they did more than poke around at the other farms.”.

12th Sep, 2016 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 25

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Unless specifically instructed to stay, Carrick will thank the women for the meal and head out.

Out of Character: If Carrick isn't asked to stay, he will scout around and keep an eye on the tree line (If there is one). Perception below.

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Perception on D20 (+4): 23 (1 roll)

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.