Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 35 of 150

Corren exhales a very audible sigh of relief - Page 35 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Oct, 2016 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 150 pgs.  31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
12th Oct, 2016 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 35

The Maker says...

With a mighty surge and a loud bellow Roland strikes back at the creature in a dazzling display of strength and skill. Rolands blade slices into the creature spraying droplets of blood onto the ground (Total of 18 damage!). The thing lets out a piercing shriek of wrath mixed with pain and doubles down on its effort to hit Roland.

The creatures tentacles flail and its beak snaps violently but Roland holds his shield out in front of him and while the tentacles whip dangerously close to his head they are ultimately held back by his shield, the pings of the barbs hitting the steel on the shield echoing through the forest!

Round 2 Initiative: Corren (22); Zinna (19); Roland (17); Mradoric (13); Carrick (10); Grell (4).

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 12th Oct, 2016 - 8:05pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Oct, 2016 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

When my round comes up Mradoric will crawl out of the cave and head over to attack. My attack rolls have already been made.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2016 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Corren is pleasantly surprised that the unusual creature, despite his attacking it, leaves him alone. Then again, Roland's attack obviously did much more damage than his own. But he does not wish to press his luck. He still is in reach so he decides to attack, then back away, once more towards the trees and brush.

Out of Character: : Attack (No advantage, but sneak attack if he strikes successfully), then Bonus Action to Disengage… NEXT round he will try the Hide/Attack tandem once more, assuming it is still alive…

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2016 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 35 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna feels a cold anger burning in her. This foul creature destroyed many lives. It must be stopped today. She remembered Geoffrey who lost his parents. Zinna backs up just a little more behind Roland. She begins uttering a string of insults directed towards the creature that involve the creature's ancestors. The air seems to ripple again as the magic in the words moves to the creature. She laughs as she taunts the creature.
Specific Action: Zinna casts viscous mockery at the grolle.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2016 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Surprised that the creature is still alive Roland keep assaulting it while he tries to form a wall for his teammates, this monster has to be stopped here and now…

13th Oct, 2016 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Maker says...

Corren’s rapier once again finds its mark drawing more blood from the creature, he then moves swiftly away into the brush nearby. The creature shrieks again as Zinna casts her spell and it turns toward her ready to charge at her for causing it mental pain only to have Rolands sword leave a deep gash in its side followed by Mradoric’s staff bashing the top of its head forcing it to the ground. Shifting position slightly Mradoric holds the staff vertically and then brings the end of the staff straight down and with a loud squish he buries the staff driving it through the things head/body with enough force that his staff nearly comes out of the other side.

The creature flops about, its tentacles writhing wildly for a moment before it lies still, a pool of dark blood beginning to soak into the ground around it.

Out of Character: : This is exactly what I was talking about… two rounds in and a CR3 monster is dead with only having dealt 6pts of damage to the party; and the Grell even had the element of surprise plus had the party split and didn’t even get the full brunt of the party’s attacks. Can’t help but laugh; you guys managed to dish out over 60pts of damage in only two rounds… well done everyone.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2016 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 35

Out of Character: That could have turned out a lot different if we did not get the rolls that we got. I am glad we were able to kill it. It could have easily gone the other way.

In Character: Mradoric looks at the creature laying there. He shudders at the thought of what other damage it could have caused in the area. It is bad enough it killed so many people.
"I know it is not going to be a easy task but we will need to take the bodies back so people can have closure and lay their relatives to rest." He heads back towards the cave to start the grizzly task of removing the bodies from the cave so they can get a better look at what else is inside.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2016 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 35

Corren exhales a very audible sigh of relief when Mradoric finishes the foul beast off. As everyone checks to make sure there are no further threats, and everyone has come out none the worse for wear, he feels satisfaction in the group's performance.

"Great work, everyone! Mradoric is right. Roland, getting you in and out of that hole over and over would be silly. So I'd like you to ride back to town. I'm going to write a brief report for the Reeve. After you deliver it, bring the wagon with a fresh team of horses. We'll begin bringing them out. While I compose my report, I think you and Zinna should go in and see for yourself what you've helped end." He pauses a moment, then says, "While Roland brings back the wagon, we'll search the cave. Bring out only dwarves, elves and humans. Any orcs or goblins we can simply search for intelligence and salvage, and leave in there. Maybe we'll burn them in the cave to help cleanse it. And we need to make sure there is nothing else of interest in there. Let's get to it."

He gets some parchment and writes a summary, including a description of the beast, its ambush of them, and their eventual defeat of it. "I suppose we should bring its body back to town so the people know it's safe once more. Roland, ask for some old sheets or blankets to wrap it and the others in, please."

Out of Character: : Yeah, the dice helped. I'm glad I had advantage first round, or I would have been stuck with a fumble. I am adding an Investigation roll for searching in the cave… for means to identify folks, salvageable items, etc.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.