Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 55 of 150

Out of Character: : I will try to copy the - Page 55 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Nov, 2016 - 2:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 150 pgs.  51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2016 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 55

Out of Character: I presume that by Leo you mean either Corren or Carrick, as those were the pair to scout ahead.

In the meantime, for when the group is informed of the march, did the party pass by any strategically significant terrain on the way here? We're going to need some serious multipliers for this one.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Nov, 2016 - 11:10pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Nov, 2016 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Mradoric stops with the others but wanders off a bit to the side to see if there is anything we can use to maybe set up a ambush. He will study the trees to see if one may be laid down upon the orcs if they come this way.

17th Nov, 2016 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

While the trees and underbrush are not intensely thick in this area Mradoric would recognize that there are several potential ambush sites based primarily on the availability of concealment. The same applies to Leo and anyone else who is looking for some form of advantage based on the terrain. The primary benefit that you will have would be the surprise round, using ranged weapons that do not give away your position (Making a good stealth check) you could potentially remain hidden for some time before they figure out where the attack is coming from. I will also allow the party to decide who will set the tactics for the party (If you are going to try and coordinate an ambush) between Carrick or Leo (Either of them being the most likely to have some sort of training, education, or experience with tactics; Leo in general and Carrick in terms of the forest.

Carrick could use survival skill or Intelligence and Leo could make an Intelligence check (Unless anyone can think of a more appropriate skill).

18th Nov, 2016 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #
Malek Szul
Wizard diviner level 2
Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Dead Dead

Page 55 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The wise says...

"When we figure out where we will set up the ambush I have a spell which I can put a few of them to sleep at a time and I can use that one a few times so that should come in handy if we get overwhelmed. I guess I'll find a good spot to hide and be ready " malek is once again feeling insecure about facing combat, don't these people realize I'm a scholar. I was sent here to explore not fight orcs and such.

Malek Szul Results:
  • Stealth on D20 (+1): 19, 15 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2016 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna listens to Sir Leo thoughtfully. " Thank you for putting it that way Sir Leo. I understand that and respect that. I will accept your aid under those conditions. I just didn't like being forced to proclaim something before being healed when I was badly hurt. You will go far in the church. You have a much better way to approach people than the father. I'm glad you will allow me to aid you as well. We are all in this together and need to use everything that the group has to survive.

Zinna looks at the others. " This isn't in my range of expertise setting up positions for battles. I will defer to others who have skill in this matter." Hearing Malek she grins. " I have the same capability about putting them to sleep. Between the two of us we will probably be able to take a lot out of the fight allowing our warriors to take care of the rest. We should probably coordinate now for our targets. That way we don't target the same enemies Malek. I will handle the left flank center and you can handle the right flank center. Sound good? Just remember everyone that whatever happens today will probably be in one of my songs one day. Give me some heroic material to work with. " Zinna laughs and begins singing a martial sounding song softly.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Nov, 2016 - 5:27pm

Post Date: 18th Nov, 2016 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

When none else stand up, Leo raises his voice, "People, until the others return, we need to be looking for a place to hit the orcs from. Somewhere with a lot of cover that allows us to retreat on horseback and reestablish elsewhere when they get close. If that group is as large as it sounds, we'll need to bleed them for a while in a series of strikes before we can engage directly. Let Corren decide on the final plan, but we can't wait for him to start moving."

"Malek and Zinna, do these spells prevent the afflicted from being awoken? If not, I highly suggest saving them for the end and for now helping pick them off from afar, if those who remain conscious are still too numerous for us to charge, they'll probably just revive their companions and continue on. Also, Malek, can Poe track the Orc band for us? We need to know their movements, and especially need to know if they split up."

"In the meantime, I don't suppose any of you have a bow I can use? I'm not very good with the things, but cannot throw my javelins far enough for this purpose."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Nov, 2016 - 5:58pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 55

Mradoric listens to while the others talk. He will hope that the plan goes as well as they hope. While his range weapon does not do much for damage maybe he can get a few lucky shots.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2016 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 55

Out of Character: : I will try to copy the post over from the Support thread: [..] Dungeon Master's description

In Character: :

Corren suddenly realizes that the orcs are about to stumble right across his hiding spot. He does his best to hide among the brush to one side of the path of travel…

Out of Character: : If they do not spot him, and his Initiative is high enough, he will hold acting until he can better survey the situation….

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.