Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 83 of 150

Mradoric moves to the closest tree and tries - Page 83 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jan, 2017 - 5:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 150 pgs.  79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87  ...Latest (150) »
Create Dungeons Dragons Character Only approved Players can participate in this RPG. Go here to Character Creation Dungeons and Dragons
D&D 5e PBP RPG Create RPG Character Dice Aericsteele's Maps RP Etiquette RPG Etiquette Aericsteele's SRD Game Master GM Stats
Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Related Information to Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
23rd Jan, 2017 - 12:48am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 83

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Out of Character: the way I personally handle tactical stealthy creatures in combat, especially if they're going to be using the same tactic basically every round, is this:
Anytime the creature attacks it is no longer hidden and thus able to be directly targeted until it becomes hidden again which is determined by a stealth roll vs all PCs passive perception. If any one character beats the creatures stealth, it is not hidden as the character can essentially point the creature out to their allies. Otherwise, PCs can attempt to attack the last know location of the creature giving them disadvantage on the attack roll or ready an attack for when the creature reappears.
I wouldn't say it's too difficult, I mean these are intelligent creatures after all and would use the terrain to their advantage the best they could. Different types of enemies call for different tactics, that's all.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2017 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Zinna looks at Lorilys. " Stand up Lorilys. You are defeated already if you are defeated in your mind. We will go free." She gets to cover as well while motioning Oomigig to do the same. The redhead looks at the others. " You can go now if you like. I will not subject anyone to the tree. If need be I will run and they will surely follow me. " She looks up towards where Adsila's voice came from and calls out loudly. "May you rot along with your brethren we have already killed. I won't rest until every last one if you is dead. Make no mistake Adsila. You creature of the Destroyer, today you die. " She begins whispering, willing the words to reach Adsila.

Specific Action: She casts dissonant whispers at Adsila.

23rd Jan, 2017 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Maker says...

Out of Character: : I could handle it by having one roll for each side rather than each individual involved making a roll. So the elves will roll their highest modifier for stealth while the party will roll their highest modifier for perception each round. Rather than having them completely hidden I can say that if the stealth roll is higher than the perception roll any attacks or actions that require a check against the elves would be made at disadvantage. If the perception roll is higher than the stealth roll for that round all attacks and actions against the elves are made normally. On the other hand this would have to apply to Corren whenever he is trying to utilize stealth in combat when he attacks, disengages and then uses a hide bonus action; he would still be open to attack but it would be at disadvantage if his stealth roll was higher. Still, the enemy would only get one roll (The highest perception modifier) rather than each combatant making a roll every round. This would only apply to combat situations, in non-combat situations a successful stealth roll would mean that Corren is not detected.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2017 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 83 Thread Main RPG e Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

Out of Character: : I think that sounds fair, and it will greatly reduce the number of rolls needed by anyone person. I am fairly sure Carrick has the highest Perception so should we just use his roll for the first round? Even though Zinna and Mradric rolled higher…

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 23rd Jan, 2017 - 7:14pm

23rd Jan, 2017 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #
Dungeon Master
Deity
Character
Game Master Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Aericsteeles

The Maker says...

Out of Character: : No one managed to roll high enough to beat their stealth rolls the first round, but from here out if I could have Carrick make several perception rolls to cover the next few rounds; once I have these rolls I can advise whether rolls need to be made with disadvantage or not each round.

24th Jan, 2017 - 2:24am / Post ID: #
Carrick Granitebranch
Ranger 3
Character
Lieutenant / Scout
Character Sheet ◀
Not Not Active

The Scout of the Deep Wilds says...

Carrick runs to the closest tree and leans into it, still scanning the canopy. Then nocks an arrow and waits for one of the elves to make a move or speak as to allow the dwarf to home in on his target.

Out of Character: Carrick will ready an attack with the trigger being an elf makes its location (Or general area) known by attacking. I'll roll two attacks one with disadvantage for if Carrick is only shooting the general area where he believes the target to be.
-edit- oh and I will roll some perception checks for following rounds as well.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 24th Jan, 2017 - 2:26am

Carrick Granitebranch Results:
  • Attack on D20 (+6): 11 (1 roll)
  • Attack (dis adv) on D20 (+6): 10, 10 (2 rolls)
  • Damage on D8 (+4): 9 (1 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread - Page 83

Corren dives behind a fallen log, immediately rolls to one side and scrambles among the trees, looking for an enemy to attack.

Out of Character: : Bonus Action for Hide, then Attack. I assume I have Disadvantage if I can roll at all…

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 83

Mradoric moves to the closest tree and tries to see any of the elves. Knowing they are good and staying hidden he knows it will be difficult to spot them. He just hopes that one shows itself to where he can maybe attack them back.

> TOPIC: Aericsteele’s D&D 5e RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.