Timmer Introduction - Page 2 of 3

Dear Support: I use both a Win10 pc and an - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 25th Jul, 2016 - 2:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Closed
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction
A Friend

Timmer Introduction - Page 2

Timmer,

Thanks for taking an interest in The Shrouded isle campaign. Please feel free to ask questions or question the questions as the case may be.

-MS.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Timmer

To Support:

I'm getting emails from this site regularly now. Have started to sort my way around Malcolm's game and starting to look into other forums.

I'm finding navigation cumbersome. My perception is that I frequently need to visit two or three different areas to accomplish something and there is no obvious way to quickly navigate between related pages.

My solution has been to establish and keep updated a number of bookmarks and use the browsers functions to negotiate the site. It works.

Timmer.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Timmer! Thank you for getting back to me. I am glad you are getting the emails now I thought maybe you did not get my test email.

Navigation will take some getting used to but there also things in place if you know how to use them. In a topic you wish to track see that button called "Fav"? Use that and topics you want to track go to your Favorite's Page. Your Favorite's page is always available via the "My Options" menu to the very top of this page.

Does that help?

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction
A Friend

Page 2 Introduction Timmer

Dear Support:
"Favorites" does help some, although about the same as bookmarking in the end.
Is there method to the updates page? Or a similar page which would collect or let me mark threads I want to follow closely? It seems like the updates feed has all sorts of things I'm not interested in and it's difficult to manage the things I am interested in. Perhaps "Favorites" will help with that. For now I'm back and forth with the mail tab and simply opening a fresh tab for each notification to see what it's about.
I hope that makes sense.

Other than that the interface mostly makes sense. I understand the reasoning behind the delays in posting or displaying certain results, although despite good reasons, the delays are frustrating.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Timmer

Thank you for replying Trimmer. Are you using a mobile or desktop?

Did you look at your Favorite's page? Its a page of all the topics you are tracking. In addition to that you have the subscribe section that shows all the topics you receive emails.

At the top is "Your Location:" which shows in which layer you are… for instance:

Index > Category > Board > Thread (Topic).

The delays you are talking about are related to the dice? It has to be that way to prevent cheating. If you tried to attack a creature and then rolled only to realize your rolls are terrible then you can easily edit your post to say you run instead. If you have suggestions for other methods you can always post them here: Embedded Dice Support.

Does that help?

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction
A Friend

Timmer Introduction

Support:

Dice made sense for delay. (Although dice have other problems.)

Made a regular post and have seen messages that I couldn't post again in that forum for 30 minutes.
T.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2016 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction - Page 2

Trimmer, I gave you the link for the dice to let the administrator know about whatever problems you are experiencing.

I think you are mixing up some terminology on posting, this may be of help for you: Board / Forum / Post / Thread?

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction
A Friend

Timmer Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Dear Support:
I use both a Win10 pc and an Android Tablet to access this site.

Actually, I'm pretty on with the words I'm using. In a *thread* I made a post. There was a message, I think when I tried to post again to the same thread that I could not for some time. There were no dice involved.

I think it might have suggested I edit what I posted rather than do another post but I don't recall.

Thank you for the resources to follow up on things. I'm filing them for later. I'm still trying to nose around and make up my mind about this place.

I do seem to keep running into "Oh, you can't do that that way until you get more experience, points, charisma or make a donation." Which is a little frustrating. If I had a better idea about the value of the site I'd probably make a donation just to get past the frustration and to maybe ditch the "Training wheels".

I do rather like that information and threads don't disappear the way they tend to on social media.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Timmer Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,