Christ's Crucifixion Not Unique?

Christ' S Crucifixion Unique - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 24th Jul, 2008 - 9:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd Jul, 2008 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

Considering that the romans crucified at times more then 500 Jews a day, that the time it took for someone to die on the cross could be up to 3 1/2 days(compared to Jesus's time of 3+ hours), and that some individuals suffered much more then Jesus did on the Cross (Some individuals had to watch as animals would eat on their intestines) why do Christians put so much emphasis on Christ's suffering on the Cross, considering it was such a common form of execution and not particular to this one man?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2008 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Unique Crucifixion Christs

While it was common for the romans to crucify people it was different with Jesus. being the son of God he could have easily not gone through to whole crucification process. He did this to prove that he was willing to die for those who believed in him. While many suffered in this era at the hands of the roman empire because of their actions it was Christs choice to go thru all of this. He knew he would be crucified and yet he went there with his head up. He was not afraid to die for his people.

24th Jul, 2008 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Christ's Crucifixion Not Unique? Revealed Bible The

Still, his suffering was not unique. Regardless of the choice to do it, was it dieing that was significant for Christians or was it that he died on the cross. Namely was it really that significant that Christ died on a cross, or was it significant that he was willing to die for his people, regardless of the mode of execution.

It seems that many in the Christian world have decided to worship the Cross(thus the bowing down to a cross by different denominations) rather then worship the Man/God who died on it. Where is the line where worshiping a cross becomes idol worship?

This is just an observation on my part.

24th Jul, 2008 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

The supposed death time alone was very unique I think dbackers, and very curious. The flogging and such also was not uncommon from what I have read, the only distinction is the claim to having been gods son/ part of god pending on views of the holy trinity.

I also know that is very suspect that he was never even crucified but that is was another in his place. Supposedly the place he was crucified was unique in that it was a private area not open to just any one. The place was to have been owned by a wealthy man who Jesus had stayed with often. ( This is claimed by other religions and even scrolls found in more recent history in Russia, not to mention sever high level Bishops that have retired from the Catholic regime.)

The only thing unique is that Jesus claimed to be the son of god. That taken as true makes it significant in that god could have released him at any time but chose not to. It was that choice that gives the limited credence to the claimed slaughter of the lamb for our sins.

Seems of late more and more of this type of thought is surfacing in books, are we paving the way for the fake savior or it it truth?

It also ties into the claim that Jesus wrote the fourth gospel in the new testament.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2008 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think the act of worshiping to the symbol of the cross is the way some show their devotion. The symbol of the cross is the symbol they use to think of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us.

24th Jul, 2008 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

The cross should never be worshiped period it is just a chunk of wood. To see a cross and think of Christ is the only reason for it hanging around.

The weakness in praying in front a symbol is the possibility of the object becomeing a requirement to kneel before in order to be allowed to pray or for th the perception that in doing so you are heard more clearly.

I think this is why some other churches prefer to remove all such symbols and help the member to learn to focus with out them. Might seem harder but in the end it is a stronger bond between God and the person.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jul, 2008 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Christ's Crucifixion Unique

Symbolism is a good thing, in my opinion, if that symbol reminds one of the reason for the symbolism.

I suppose if one is reminded to worship Christ if he or she sees a Cross it can be a good thing. Otherwise I see the worship of strictly the Cross as a harmful practice, if the object becomes the focus of that worship, rather then it strictly being a symbol of a higher idea or concept.

> TOPIC: Christ's Crucifixion Not Unique?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,