Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 160 of 1199

Lia walls up to the battlements with Fay. - Page 160 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
30th Mar, 2017 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 160

The Terror says...

Targul finishes his long rest knowing that he won't be of much use to anybody unless he can get his health back to where it needs to be.

Once he is rested, he'll head to the tower to provide ranged cover.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

In response to Poljen's comment, Onthar says, "I know, and I would be happy to have you, but some need to remain. As to a signal, you should be able to easily keep track of our progress from the fort's walls. The militia will be able to point out the zones we've decided on, just be ready to shoot when you see us running like mad for one of them."

Out of Character: As to Lia's comment. Onwen, Fay, and Nyzahr would be particularly well aware of this, but the language used at the door is not necessarily significant, at least not in an ominous way. Most arcane spells use Draconic as the basis for its verbal components and any runes, most books of arcane knowledge are written in that language, and it is reasonably certain that humanoids first learned magic from dragons.

That's the big reason why I was so surprised to learn neither Onwen nor Sar'ai knew the language.

In any case, yeah, you have all finished a Long Rest, and are ready to tackle this mess once again. What are people up to? I think a few have things to discuss, and you have time for such now.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Mar, 2017 - 1:38pm

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen grins even wider at Sir Onthar. "Ha! My spyglass will be most useful! Just make sure you run and ride fast as can be! I hope you fare well in your raid. I look forward to hearing your tale upon your return." He waits with the rest of the Blaze for any more discussion before heading up to the tower with his trusty spyglass. As it has not gotten dark, once outside he will pocket the torch-stone, as he has come to think of it.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 160 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia beams at the rest of the group. She looks from Fay to the others. " As many of you know I was forced to give up my infant half-elven son many years ago. I was despairing of ever finding him. When I met our new group member I knew he reminded me of someone. We have been talking about some things since then. " She beams even brighter if possible. " Everyone meet my long lost son, Fay. This siege has brought us together. No matter what happens to me here, this is the happiest day of my life. "

Out of Character: : She will head up to the fort walls with everyone else when they depart.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:46pm

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Catol smiles at Lia and nods at her. He claps Fay on shoulder and nods to him before walking over to stand by the sealed door.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nyzahr has witnessed Lia's revelation with what appears to be a sort of aloof curiosity mixed with puzzlement. She seems about to approach the pair, but instead stares at the two of them quizzically: does she even comprehend the concept of motherhood, of family? She seems utterly removed from this part of mortal creatures' reality. Still, she tilts her head and manages a faint smile towards them before moving closer to Onthar in a few quick, direct steps.

She plants herself in front of the big knight and brushes the tips of her pale, gracile hands against his breastplate for the briefest of moments, before planting her eyes into his and slowly, determinately blow a few notes of an ancient, melancholic war chant on her bone flutes.

Is she trying to wish him well on his imminent departure ? Is she predicting his impending doom, already mourning his loss ?
The remaining members of the Silver Blaze can only guess as to the otherworldly creature's queer behaviour, as has regularly been the case ever since she appeared in their midst.

She suddenly stops playing and saunters back towards the far end of the cavern, seemingly forgetting the rest of them and focusing on an entirely new subject: after staring deep into the shadows, she sets her charcoal eyes upon Cratol once again.

What lays within these caves ?

Out of Character: : Nyzahr is obviously only peripherally interested in the city's defense and is concentrating her attention on exploring the dark recesses of the caves, but she will not leave on her own.

As for Dashain's comment on languages spoken, to be frank I wasn't aware of the Draconic connection with magic use, otherwise Nyzahr may have chosen it as an extra language. Too late for that now.
Talking about which, how are languages earned in 5e? Earlier editions used the INT bonus, but it doesn't seem to be the case here…

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 30th Mar, 2017 - 6:01pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 160

Fay smiles, "Tis true, we have found each other after all these years. Passingly strange that we find each other in the middle of this battle. And now I find there is a group within the people of my Elven half that think me, my father, brothers, and sisters be vermin." He grows somber, finishes, spins, and urges Lia to walk with him up towards the fort.

He walks with her and talks to her in low tones, "Amillë, I was lost in finding thee and not listening to thy words, forgive me. When you spoke of your parents you said they might have been involved with this organization of which you spoke… Amillë, might have or may be still? I must know, tis it possible might the first time I meet my grandparents be aiming at them over the end of meh crossbow?"

Fay will accompany Lia up to the fort and survey the situation once he mounts the battlements.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 160

Lia walls up to the battlements with Fay. " In answer to your question Fay, I'm not sure. I was naive when I lived at home with my parents. There was no reason to think anything of their behavior until I ran away from home. I was only around elves up to that point. The things my father said to me when he came and got me… When he found out I was pregnant with you ... " She shakes her head and her eyes glitter in anger. " I have no proof that they are members but their words match what the group says. It is more my father than my mother. She was angry at me but didn't say the hateful things that he did. He rules over the household and she goes along with him. "

She stops for a moment and looks into his eyes. " They might not be. In the event we go see them at some time we should assume the worst and be prepared. " Lia frowns. " I'm sorry that the first thing you hear about your elven grandparents is so negative. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.