Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 161 of 1199

Cratol and Onwen hear someone outside the - Page 161 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
30th Mar, 2017 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 161

The Terror says...

Targul whispers to Poljen, "Did I miss something? That guy looks awfully big to be an infant son. Especially of an elf, I mean, they're already small in the first place… "

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Those who go up onto the fort's towers get a good view of the situation. It is easy to see what Onthar meant by the opening he wanted to exploit.

The bulk of the army is split up into three groups. One south of your position, another to the northwest, and the last is securing the path to the fort's gate. Commander Cyanwrath, along with other leaders, appears to have claimed the town's marketplace, located directly north of you, as their command center. The big half dragon can occasionally be seen watching the fort through a spyglass of his own. A group proceeding north and then west from the cavern exit would encounter almost no resistance on their way there

The fort's archers are on point, and you can see evidence of them thinning the enemy forces here and there. But their targets are using the buildings as cover, making it difficult to bring down more than a one or two every once in a while. The two kill boxes chosen by Onthar were well considered in this regard. From the perspective of the fort, they are wide open. Anyone charging through would be exposed for a significant period of time.

Most of the enemy force is occupied searching the town, building by building. Valuables are being stripped out and loaded onto wagons, and townsfolk shackled and attached to long chains.

Onthar's group is currently to your southeast. They're apparently on their way back to the cavern exit, a group of 7 townsfolk in tow. Based on what the paladin told you before, he'll be dropping them off, and then proceeding north for his main objective.

The volunteer archers who got a little in the way of training yesterday are currently milling about in the fort's courtyard.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:40am

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cratol is at the cavern exit/entrance to receive any more people to bring in to safety. He will do all he can to make sure the door is not seen by any of the enemy forces.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 161 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

In Character: Having grown up in a bit of a fortress, Fay understands the plan. He sees the kill boxes and understands what needs to be done. Arrows need to rain down when the enemy crosses this points. "Methinks it be time for some payback" he says to no one and everyone. He smiles and estimates the distance.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 31st Mar, 2017 - 3:00am

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen stands in the tower, arms crossed, obviously deep in thought, at least for him. He speaks aloud. "With the fact we killed that group attacking the chapel, they know we have a way out of the fort, and the exit is well hidden. This Cyanwrath is no fool. He may be hoping another raiding party comes out for them to ambush." He uses his spyglass to scan the area around both kill boxes.

Out of Character: : If he sees anything untoward his plan is to blow that bloody whistle as loud as possible, and wave a banner to get Onthar's attention to wave them in a different direction. Now I will roll an Investigation roll, and just because I have a spyglass will roll it with Advantage, just in case.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lia assesses the situation below. She notes the position of the forces and the killboxes. " Poljen, I hope you are wrong about this possibly being a trap. When something looks too easy instincts say beware. " She frowns and continues looking below. The elf takes her long bow off of her back and places it beside her. She sets her quiver of arrows in front of her. " I hope Cahleth gets here soon. He does love target shooting as do I. Nothing like shooting at long ranges. It really tests you and your weapon." She grins wryly.

She prays quietly to Sune for a moment while preparing herself mentally for yet more conflict.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st Mar, 2017 - 3:45am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Mar, 2017 - 3:52am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 161

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen mills around the entrance to the cavern with Cratol, his staff leaning against the wall next to him while he stands with his back leaning against the wall as well making notation in his journal describing the events of the day. His eyes occasionally glancing up from the pages to assess the cavern and the people within.

The stench of fear grows stronger by the minute he writes no one knows why the enemy have not simply used superior numbers to batter down the defenses, or for what diabolical purpose they are apparently enslaving those caught outside of the keep. Most of these people are helpless… for a moment I thought I saw you even though I know that is impossible, but she looked a lot like you. She will probably die, as will we all. Perhaps then we will be together again, but knowing the gods that is unlikely. They will keep me from you, unwilling to allow any amount of peace or joy to befall my soul. I cannot trust the gods to reunite us.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 161

Cratol and Onwen hear someone outside the cavern speaking the command phrase for the door. They get ready as it opens, but it is Sir Onthar. The paladin waves at the monk and wizard, and encourages a small group of townsfolk to enter before closing the door again.

Up above, Poljen is not seeing signs of an ambush along the raiding party's route. That does not necessarily mean much however, as multiple locations for such exist that would be hidden from view of the fort. There is a single patrol moving through the area however, a little smaller than the one that you encountered after the temple.

For their part, Onthar's group seem to be taking the possibility of discovery seriously. They move slowly and carefully. Apparently, they had studied the movements of that lone patrol before, as they set up an ambush along its route, using simple illusions to mask their presence in between two houses.

As the band of men and kobolds move on by, the illusions drop, and the enemy is attacked from their flank. In less than thirty seconds, they're overwhelmed, and those who tried to flee picked off.

Onthar's group moves on, carefully making their way north.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.