Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 162 of 1199

A dwarf introduced to Fay as Castellan Escobert - Page 162 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st Mar, 2017 - 8:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 162

With the door closed Cratol will take the new people down to where the others are making camp and get them settled before heading back over to where Onwen is at by the door.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay watches it all from the battlements. He is impressed with the military efficiency and thinks his warrior father would be too. He looks at his new found comrades and sees mostly calm expressions. He is impressed yet again. He looks at Lia. "I will not let evil befall her" he thinks. Then he looks at his compatriots again and thinks of the townspeople down below, "Nor any of the others." He steels himself for the upcoming conflict.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cahleth bounds up the steps, joining Lia in the overlook as she prays. Remembering his manners, he does not interrupt. Once she is done, he says, "Sorry for my delay, was quite busy getting affiliated with this new rapier." He shows off the sleek length of metal.

"I caught mention of the word 'trap.' I too am quite concerned about leaving our position to engage the enemy. Were we not told that reinforcements were on the way? Can we not dig our selves in here until that time arrives? We have done what we needed to do, prevent the town from being sacked. If Cyranwrath mounts another assault, we will be there. No need to engage in a cat and mouse game however."

Out of Character: Forgive me if I missed something in the posts, was a couple days behind and just got caught up. Cahleth's position is to wait it out, he will defer to Onthar presses the issue.

Reconcile Edited: RyanJ on 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:20pm

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 162 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Tallis responds to Cahleth's question, "Onthar was convinced that this siege is unlikely to last until reinforcements arrive. They have to have known from the start they almost certainly can't take the fort itself with the forces we have seen, and even if they think no reinforcements are coming now, that will change in the months it would take to starve us out. So they must have another plan."

"He thinks there are two likely possibilities. Either the enemy has something we have not yet seen, capable of neutralizing the fort's defenses somehow, and they're waiting to secure the town before using it. Or the people and goods they expected to capture in town were sufficient for their purposes, and they intend to simply leave with all of those poor people in tow when they finish scouring the place."

"Needless to say, none of us are thrilled with allowing either to happen, and this was seen as the most likely means for us to disrupt their efforts, even if only temporarily."

Out of Character: Little bit late to object to Onthar himself, he's already out there with his men and the Flaming Fists. The Blaze were left to man the fort and coordinate archer fire.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:41pm

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth ponders Tallis's words, "Yes, yes, everything you say makes sense. I can't imagine, though, what this is all about. From what I can tell Greenest holds no great relic, resource, political operative, or strategic position."

"Perhaps it has something to do with those runes in the cavern? Or that petrified town I heard Cratol rambling about?"

"If we can find out why this army is here, we can perhaps gain an advantage."

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poljen says in reply to Targul's query, "I think it is that Lia simply looks very young for her age." He grins and says, "Older women have good experience, eh?"

He watches as Sir Onthar's team ambushes and wipes out the small patrol and nods with satisfaction. As to the discussion of the enemy's objective, "If they were going to attack the fort, they would do so by now. They know that anyone left must not be a threat and that is why they are taking their time. Otherwise they would attack because they know we have our secret tunnel, and could continue to cause trouble. If they were bringing a siege weapon we would see it and have time to come out to fight. No, I think they are getting what they want. More people, more loot." He frowns as he adds, "From the bandit camps I still fear for the menfolk… "

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 162

Fay listens and thinks about their position. "Mayhaps prudence suggests we discuss a plan in the case this be a trap sprung on Sir Onthar. I would not appreciate watching any more people slaughtered by these bile spewed heathens. Is there a way to intervene from here if the need arises other than with bow?"

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 162

A dwarf introduced to Fay as Castellan Escobert runs over the situation, "Well, our towers do boast a pair of ballistas. They're of decent make, though I wouldn't trust their accuracy enough to fire into any melee the Order gets into."

"But I think that is it. Wellesby might know some spells that could be used at this kind of range to good effect, but he's in no shape to do anything of the sort. So far as I know, you folks didn't bring anyone with that kind of juice."

Out of Character: Just a reminder, you guys do have two prisoners you could question about this. One of them was fairly cooperative before.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.