Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 171 of 1199

"We should all jump and I promise we - Page 171 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 171

"We must make it realize that we want to talk." Those words stick in Fay's mind for a second. As he steps away from the ballista he reaches deep back into his memory for a song sung to him by his nurse maid. He takes out his lyre and strums and begins to sing, hoping to get its attention before it kills them all. He will help Lia in this. The words begin to flow, he alters them slightly to fit the situation, but he is a rhymester, this is what he does.

Way up north where the eagles sore,
‘Neath a mountain, deep in its core
There's a treasure, I've been told,
Lakes of silver and hills of gold
But the stories they also told
About the dragon who killed the bold
Who dare to enter his great domains
To steal his treasure, they died in vain!

Into the darkness you go
Defying the dangers ahead
In search for silver and gold
Driven by greed

Upon his treasure lies the creature rare
A sleeping beast of Blue so fair
Well, enter now if you dare
Yes enter fool! The dragon's lair
Down in the dungeons you make your way
In total darkness, is it night or day?
Slowly sneaking on soundless feet,
Moving towards the increasing heat
The smell of static, the dragon be near,
But so is the treasure so don't feel fear
But you see the glory and that ye cannot deny
In death awaits: well, you have to try

Into the darkness you go
Defying the dangers ahead
In search now for conversation with his great kind

Driven now by his magnificence
To him you must speak though it makes no sense
As your words come out of his great kind
Please, oh great Blue King, may I speak my mind
Of your great honor and intelligence, I’ve heard
The most of any creature blessed with word
With a single glance into his CRYSTAL EYES,
You know tis true and not all lies!

And now we beg of thee
Let us parlay just we three
For a bargain can be struck today
Of this I be sure, we just find the way.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 7th Apr, 2017 - 3:19pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Nyzahr suddenly stops in the middle of her search of the Urd's body, as Fay's tune echoes from the battlements.
She can't be quite sure of the words, but it seems to be an offer to parlay with an enraged, wounded dragon ? She definitely has to see that !

She hastily pockets a single blue dragon scale she found amongst the dead shaman's belongings and makes her way back towards the cavern entrance and up the stairs towards the keep at full speed: whatever happens to her comrades today, it definitely has to be witnessed and recorded.

She can't help but breaking into a small, ironic laugh, thinking about the frailty and the absurdity of their mortal existence: here they are, faced with impossible odds, hurling tiny arrows and sharpened wooden beams to a blue, flying, thunder-spitting winged giant lizard.
And suddenly they go and sing a song to It… !

She's starting to truly appreciate the Mortal Realms. No-one in the Outer Planes ever showed that much sense of improvisation and love of drama as these frail creatures.
They must be studied at greater length !... Nyzahr can't help but be fascinated by them, as well as a little envious of their naive hopes and dreams.

Out of Character: : she will use RUN action to make it back towards the fort. She will not cease her invisibility, she will go straight past Cratol and Elyria and up the stairs towards the keep.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 7th Apr, 2017 - 4:39pm

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Cratol will watch as the men come through. He will look to make sure that no enemy soldiers see them enter or were close enough to hear the command words. He goes back to close it but sees Nyzahr coming so he waits until she enters before commanding the door to close again.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 171 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen hears Lia's words and he turns with obvious shock on his face. His thoughts and emotions are roiling, but he tamps them down. He brings out the whistle and once again blows it to gain attention. "Archers! Hold fire! HOLD FIRE!" He turns and says, "Sheild men, stand ready!" He moves closer to Lia, weapons ready but not threatening. He mutters to himself, "She'd best pray this works.... "

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia looks calm but inside her emotions are churning. She desperately wants to save her son and her friends. Lia prays silently to Sune for a moment and asks for her assistance in this. The dragon is getting nearer but there is no indication of whether it will strike or talk. She looks to Fay and Poljen (I'm not sure who else is up here and where they are at this time.) " I have an idea. Let me speak with the great drake. Sune will guide me. If it does go badly you two jump below to safety. Do not attempt to aid me. I will draw all the dragon's attention on me so I bear the brunt of his anger. You two must escape in that case. " She looks into Fay's eyes. " Go to safety my son if this fails. Gi melin, Ionneg. " She turns away before he can see tears welling out of the corner of her eyes. Lia steps away from the others a short distance and awaits the dragon's decision.

7th Apr, 2017 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Standing near Cratol Onwen watches as the men enter the cavern and points them toward any open spaces that may be available where they can rest and recover.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 171

Poljen snorts at Lia's directive. "Not bloody likely. If this goes tits up, you jump. I have a better chance of lasting long enough for you to get down and to cover, then I will follow. No arguments." He then turns to face the oncoming dragon, ignoring any protests from either Fay or Lia.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 171

"We should all jump and I promise we will float down like feathers" Fay says as he completes his ballad. "We can fight from yon courtyard if things go not as planned. No need for any to die here today."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.