Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 173 of 1199

Poljen has been listening to the… - Page 173 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Apr, 2017 - 7:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 173

Lia notices Geoffroy coming over by her and the dragon. She frowns and mouths silently. " Careful. " Looking up at the great dragon she has a puzzled look on her face. " Queen. Who is this queen you speak of, oh great and wonderful Lennithon? We have never been told why we are being attacked or anything about any queen. There is someone that you serve? I can't imagine such a thing. Your lightning shatters the foundations of the earth and the beat of your wings causes wind to fill the sails of ships across the world. "

Lia gets down on one knee. " What has this village done to anger this queen or you oh most magnificent and mighty of all? "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Apr, 2017 - 1:23pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lennithon places his paw back down on the wall and continues.

"Wroth has naught to do with it, this cesspool is simply convenient. I speak of Tiamat, goddess and mother to my kind, soon to be goddess of all. Do not sully her name with thine lips. Through devoted servitude, thou might be pondered worthy of it in time, but yond time has yet to come."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Apr, 2017 - 2:49pm

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia stands back up but still keeps a deferential pose. " I have heard of her. For you to serve her she must outshine the stars indeed. "

She pauses for a moment to gather her thoughts. " This village and its defenses are truly insignificant for such a mighty creature as yourself. Why risk injury to yourself? Your value outshines all of the rest of your army combined. Surely you see that they will conquer this village without your help. There are bigger things to do… more worthy of your magnificence. Why strive with us? Leave conquering this village to Cyanwrath. That is the glory he deserves. In the meantime you can do something truly worthy of your splendor and glory leaving this lesser glory to an inferior creature. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Apr, 2017 - 3:07pm

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 173 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

After a hectic jog through the caves and up the stairway of the fortress, the albino chanter finally emerges onto the top of the battlements, in time to witness one of the most incongruous and magnificent sights in her short, shrouded tiefling memory: there stands the elven cleric in conversation with the mighty and obviously merciless reptilian demigod !

Nyzahr stares at the scene in utter fascination, yet she is immensely aware of the risks at stake and manages to come up with a desperate, yet highly entertaining course of action…

Out of Character: : no idea at which point Nyzahr makes it up the roof of the tower (Probably quite a bit later in this "Negotiation" between the two), but she will remain invisible, hoping the dragon doesn't sense her presence (She may choose to remain within the stairways listening in, so as to avoid entering the dragon's blindsight 60' range, for example ? Not quite sure if this would make any difference…). If she manages to remain unnoticed, she will prepare a spell of Dissonant Whispers (To cast at 2nd level slot, if at all possible). She will release the spell and dive into the stairway as soon as it seems the beast is intent on doing harm, or at her convenience, according to how the situation unfolds.

(Daishain, I know we won't need any Fear saves after this talk, but considering Nyzahr hasn't faced the creature yet, let me know if you need me to roll, as she arrives on the scene).

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 9th Apr, 2017 - 4:00pm

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay has listened to the Dragon and he hopes he has a measure of it. He steps forward, putting himself in front of all, "Aye fair Lennithon, as the Elf lady hath sayeth, thine might is too great for a task such as this. Why is't these mewling creatures before us haven't the power to defeat us? Why must they call on thine grandeur? And thus, put you in danger thineself. This, through their ineptitude. Would'st thou Queen want thee wounded here? Nay! I say nay to thee."

"So to thee I layest bare my fear, I beseech thee, leave from this place, for I can not bear to harm thee now that I have laid eyes upon thine splendor, even as I know the harm I do thee would pale to the great destruction you would bring on myself and my kin. So I would drop my strong sword and die the death of a coward rather than lay harm on your magnificence. So I beg of thee, leave this place and let me die an honorable death with sword held high against these mewling scum without these walls who had the audacity to call on one such as thee for this most minor of tasks."

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Thy adherence to the natural charge of things pleases me. So few of thy kind know their station. But the forces outside these walls wast deemed insufficient to take this fortification even ere you put up such surprising resistance. Unless you choose to surrender, the task of breaking these defenses falls to none other."

Down below, the cavern door opens again to admit two of Onthar's people, the sorcerer and one of the two clerics that had set out with the paladin from Baldur's Gate. They bear what appear to be electrical burns, and seem quite distraught as they limp inside.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 173

Fay looks at Lia and smiles sadly. He grabs her arm and says, "Trust." The he turn to the others and yells, "Jump." He jumps himself. As he falls he casts Feather Fall as a reaction. Upon landing he will fire his crossbow and order all the militia to fire as well. This included the still operational ballista. Lastly, Fay asks the Castlelan if there are other weapons they can use and if so to take a crew to get them.

EDIT Fay saves the last of his speech as he looses his bolt, "Vile Wyrm. My place I know indeed. I am son of Elf and Man, builder of Kingdoms and tamer of Fabled Forests. And thee and thine evil kind but a blight upon fair Faerun."

Out of Character: I won't roll the ballista until I know it can fire. Or, someone else can roll for it. Can they scatter into buildings and still be able to continue the fight from arrow slits?

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 9th Apr, 2017 - 7:27pm

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2017 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 173

Poljen has been listening to the… he won't call it a negotiation, more of a discussion. As soon as the creature said their only hope was to surrender to the forces outside he had known this would not work as Lia had hoped. But he would not make his move until she and Fay had exhausted all possibilities. They had his loyalty, so he waited. Then Fay made a move to jump and seemed to cast a spell. He saw the bard fall slowly… very slowly, and he knew that would leave them at the creatures mercy. So he did what everyone expected him to do. He let the battle madness wash over him and charged at the creature. If he kept its attention until the others were down and moving into cover, then he would follow suit.

Out of Character: : Bonus to Rage, then move and attack, following Daisahin's directive that we have mastered the fear during this chat.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.