Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 227 of 1199

Lia looks up at the barbarian. " That - Page 227 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th May, 2017 - 11:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 227

Fay looks on in cold fury but there is naught he can do, the deal was struck. As the last of the freed townsfolk pass him he remembers Cratol's request. "Ho, you there. They will take you to the catacombs below the fort. Once there, seek out the monk named Cratol, he will be guarding the entrance. Tell him Fay said all is clear."

Then, Fay can do the only thing he can think of. He sings a song of inspiration for Poljen,

"Kill the dragon, save the girl
He's got a trap down in the world
And you can have her for your bride
But this may cost brave Poljen's life"

"Love will open with the key
Drenched in blood and suffering
Poljen's greatest story ever heard
Kill the dragon, save the girl"

Out of Character: This has no magical effect… it is simply a song of valor for the brave Barbarian facing long odds.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poljen hears the singing of Fay, and for a brief moment looks confused. He turns his head just enough to yell, "But that doesn't rhyme!" before he once more charges into the fight.

Out of Character: : It occurs to me he had to get into another Rage, which will be his third of the day. And since he is down to 7 points, it is time to go for broke. Reckless Attacks, giving him advantage on is attacks for these final rounds of rage, since most likely a solid hit or two from Cyanwrath will put Poljen down. That means attacks against him also have advantage, but if I can get a few licks in first… hm… here goes nothing.

Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen strikes out, blade sinking briefly into Cyanwrath's thigh.

The half dragon responds with a few thrusts and a swing with the butt of his spear. The last of which clubs Poljen over the head. The barbarian finds his knees wobbling, and he falls to the ground, darkness claiming him along the way.

Cyanwrath stands over the fallen barbarian for a few moments, breathing heavily, and apparently waiting to see if he moves again. When it is clear he won't, he grounds his spear, and heals himself, before taking a knee and doing the same for Poljen.

Poljen wakes to find Cyanwrath grinning down at him. It is an intimidating sight, but the man seems… happy.

"Well done! Poljen, son of Nels, you've come closer than any one man I've encountered in over a decade. We will have to do this again if we can before the end of your world. Recover, hone your skills a little more, and find me."

"Listen, I may not be able to tell you where we are going, but your group, the Silver Blaze was it? Has proven remarkably resourceful. I'd be willing to guess you will find us again, perhaps at the next town we visit. Ask for a meeting and my men will let you pass. No guarantees I won't kill you of course, I do have a higher obligation after all, but you'll be given your chance."

[Poljen was brought down to 0, but then healed for 5 HP a few moments later.]

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th May, 2017 - 3:32pm

Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 227 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay moves forward quickly to stand at Poljen's side and offers his aide if the big man needs it. "Aye, see us again ye will. Enjoy this day and the few ye have left. Tell yer higher calling she will lose, as evil always does, because the light always defeats the darkness and good be stronger in the end."

Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia walks over to Poljen as well. She looks to Cyanwrath. " You act with honor. I respect that. You are fighting on the wrong side however. It grieves me to see someone brave and honorable such as yourself fighting for evil. Remember that it is never too late to turn from darkness. " She will assist Poljen as needed to get back to the gates. " Well fought Poljen. You fought heroically. " When they are walking away from Cyanwrath and get back to the gate she will hold her amulet up and call on Sune to heal the brave barbarian.

Specific Action: Channel divinity to heal Poljen for 20 hitpoints.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th May, 2017 - 3:47pm

Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poljen blinks as he opens his eyes to see the halfdragon rising from having healed him. He sits up, exhausted and sore, and listens to Cyanwrath and his comrades. He finally speaks, glancing at the Greenest captives. "Let them go, as promised." He rises slowly, leaving his weapon and shield on the ground. "We will meet again, I will make sure of it. And I foresee a different outcome. Now take your own rabble and leave. But know this: This is far from over. Whatever your plan is, we will stop it." He slowly turns, retrieves his weapon and shield and slowly begins to walk up the ramp, the anger obvious on his face.

Once they are all back inside the fort he says to Lia and the others, "I am sorry I failed. But it was worth it to free those people. And did you hear him as he gloated? They will target another town. Fortunately an army that size leaves a path almost any can follow. We will find their camp, and when they set out again we hopefully will find a way into their camp." He pauses, then says somewhat sheepishly. "And thank you all for your support. Next time I hope to earn it properly."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 227

In response to Lia the Commander says, "I fight for the honor and benefit of my people. Not that dissimilar to your motives I suspect. Ultimately though it is power, not ethics, that will see how this ends."

As the barbarian gets up and makes his challenge, "Of course, and as to next time, I look forward to it Poljen, try not to die before we do meet again."

With a gesture, Cyanwrath starts walking down the ramp, his men gathering up behind them. The prisoners they had held are left behind, untouched.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th May, 2017 - 8:48pm

Post Date: 4th May, 2017 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 227

Lia looks up at the barbarian. " That isn't a failure Poljen. You fought the duel fairly, did well and freed our prisoners. That is quite heroic. I'm sure that Fay is already working on a song commemorating your deed. It took great courage to fight him as you did. None of us could defeat him either. There is no shame in a battle well fought. No warrior or general wins every battle. " Lia smiles at him.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.