Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 24 of 1199

Sar'ai sends Elanna high and a bit - Page 24 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jan, 2017 - 1:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
14th Jan, 2017 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 24

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geofroy watches as his rays of fire and burning light fly towards those he seeks to attack.
Out of Character: Adding missing rolls, many apologizes for missing them before.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 15th Jan, 2017 - 3:30am

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • First Scorching Ray on D20 (+4): 11 (1 roll)
  • Second Scorching Ray on D20 (+4): 15 (1 roll)
  • Third Scorching Ray on D20 (+4): 8 (1 roll)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2017 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Final Round

Cahleth decorates the leader's torso with another arrow. The man jerks from the impact, giving Targul exactly the opening he needed, the warrior's greataxe flashes, neatly severing his opponent's head from their body.

The mage pops back in once more, and casts a spell that shifts his position by nearly a dozen paces. But the bolts of energy released by Sar'ai are not so easily deterred. They unerringly track the man as he tries to flee the scene, smashing into his back and driving him to the ground. His body continues to shift between the material plane and the ethereal for nearly a minute before the spell fades.

Geoffroy prays, and directs fire to smite the fleeing bandit. Two of the beams strike around his feet, but the third drives home. The man collapses. With no targets left, Lia surveys the field with her arrow still drawn. She is swift to release it when the foe's second scout comes running in, catching him high in the chest. He takes a few more faltering steps before falling.

With no other signs of activity, Cratol and any others so inclined search the battlefield.

The two men who are still caught in a magically induced sleep are quickly trussed up. Those beyond saving are granted prayer and a swift end to their pain. Two of the wounded can recover with treatment, and have their wounds bound along with their hands.

Most of what is carried by your opponents is of little interest. Small amounts of coin, trinkets, and cheap if functional gear. The men themselves are rough sorts, about what you would expect from highway bandits, quite a few show signs of having been imprisoned for a good length of time in the past.

The leader is wearing a set of splint mail. It stinks and is quite battered, but it would not take too much in the way of work to restore it to respectable function for reuse. His greatsword on the other hand is quite new, and bears a minor efficacy enchantment (+1)

The mage on the other hand stands out from the rest. His blue robes are impeccably tailored, and aside from the blood, grass, and mud stains acquired just now, quite clean. A rod tipped with a large sapphire lies not far from his hand, he had been using it as a spell focus. A leather satchel at his side contains writing utensils, a slender steel cylinder about 4 inches in length with no markings of any kind, and a journal with a few entries written in Draconic.

Aside from the serious injuries sustained by some in the Silver Blaze, most of the caravan came through the onslaught with only minor wounds. With one exception. Ichi the gnome lies flat on his back near the center wagons, one blue eye staring at an equally blue sky, the other ruined forever by the arrow that had slipped through a small hole in his cover.

The defenders left at the road have taken it upon themselves to shift the mantlets to the south side, in case the southern camp makes an unexpected move. Sitting on the rear end of the last wagon is a very sullen sorceress. Pieces of cloth have been bound over lady Miruvial's hands, making it very difficult to move the fingers, and she's been gagged. Two men stand watch over her, one of them bearing signs of electrical burns. Elyria shows similar marks herself.

[and thus ends the campaign's first battle. Hope you guys enjoyed it]

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Jan, 2017 - 3:45am

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2017 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

As they all take stock of the situation, Poljen grins at his companions. "Ha! Now the main question is do we go release the prisoners at the north camp, or go finish the southern camp first? I favor another fight, but if others wish to catch their breath, so be it." He turns to Targul. "Well struck, that final blow! And for that, since you also use that type of blade, I think you should be rewarded with the leader's greatsword."

A thought comes to him. "With their mage dead, I suspect ours will find their magic more cooperative. Sar'ai, can you send your owl to see if guards remain at the north camp, and to make sure the southern ones have yet to ready themselves? If guards remain by the north camp, some of us should dress as the fallen, and get close. If they realize their comrades are dead, they might kill the prisoners"

Out of Character: : It was a good combat. Poljen is satisfied. biggrin.gif.

15th Jan, 2017 - 3:44am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 24 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy felt the battle went well enough though an anger simmered inside that he kept hidden. That fireball so carelessly let loose by the sorceress. The cleric says to his companions, "Yet one I feel almost cost us. Almost killing me with her fireball."

Looking to Lia, as well the rest of the Silver Blaze, he says, "Lets go back to camp. Lady Miruvial has a lot to answer for." Yet, despite this, Geoffroy up to this point had kept his voice calm, yet on meeting up with the rest of the caravan and learning what happened this patience would leave him.

"What," Geoffroy says, glaring at the sorceress as Elyria tries to calm her brother, "She didn't hurt me that badly. I'm fine." Yet this wasn't good enough, not with the electric scars that could be seen. No, with those marks such calm was gone as he finds himself held back by his sister.

"It is bad enough she throws a fireball so carelessly," he says, looking to those of the Silver Blaze as well the Order and others, "When my squire tries preventing her from causing more damage she attacks them." This was probably the angriest any had seen the Cleric, all because of the sorceress.

Out of Character: The battle was fine, I enjoyed it, though my consideration is on a different detail.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 15th Jan, 2017 - 4:29am

15th Jan, 2017 - 4:12am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen makes his way over to the body of the fallen enemy mage. Kneeling down he studies him intently, picks up the rod and examines it, eventually stuffing it in his belt along with the steel cylinder and then searches the body more for a spell book though he imagines the mages spell book is likely back at the camp rather than on his person. He looks over the mage's robes and any other identifying articles of clothing or items he may have attempting to discern perhaps what school the mage specialized in and if there was anything other than the value of the robe that may hint of nobility. Eyeing the robe Onwen decides to take this as well and roughly removes it from the mage, folding it up and carrying with him back to the caravan.

He glares at the sorceress as he approaches and his eyes fall on the injured squire. Piecing together what likely happened his jaw clenches "Hand this one over to me and I can reward her properly for her foolishness" he says "Well, after Geoffroy has his turn of course."

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2017 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Onwen finds no spellbook on the mage. The robe appears to be made for this man in particular by someone that knows what they're doing, but bears no identifying marks. He does notice scar tissue on the man's left palm, it looks like he has been cut there on more than one occaison.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2017 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 24

Lia surveys the battlefield with a keen eye. It seems that the group has won the day so far. " Well that went much better than what I anticipated. Listening to Poljen she nods. " That is a good idea Poljen. You shouldn't be one of those disguised as bandits. You would not blend in well with your great height. " She then hears Geoffroy speak in anger about the sorceress. " I wish to speak to her as well Geoffroy. She should be expelled from this group after that stunt. I will be with you in just a moment. First, I'm going to heal some of our heroes here. " She smiles and takes out her healer's kit. Lia fussed over Poljen and Targul trying to ease their pain. Afterwards " That should make you feel more at ease. The two of you fought bravely. Thank you. " She hurriedly follows after Geoffroy.

Seeing Geoffroy berating the sorceress and being held back by Elyria she frowns. Upon finding out what happened to Elyria, Lia glares at the sorceress. " You are a dishonor to our company. You acted with no regard for the safety of others with that fireball. You did grave damage to some of our company. Then you assault Geoffroy's squire. You are no better than the bandits we were fighting. With beauty such as yours and a heart so dark you are an affront to Sune. You are fortunate you are restrained or you would feel our wrath. " She pats Geoffroy in the shoulder. " It will be okay. She is already a prisoner here. I will speak with Onthar now to see what will ultimately happen to our sweet friend. " She grins at the sorcerer. Lia departs to check with Onthar regarding the sorceress' situation.

15th Jan, 2017 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 24

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai sends Elanna high and a bit further then normal to get the best view of both camps and their current activities. Meanwhile, the illusion wizard listens to the proposed plan of deception, "Wanting to go the infiltration route, are we? Well, that is kind of my specialty." The half-drow tries to keep her excitement of this plan downplayed, "Unless, we just want to wait and have what remains of them to come and enlighten us all on their actions… " A tinge of sarcasm accompanies her words.
Sar'ai then turns to Onwen, "Anything of note on the mage? I saw you rifling through his belongings and even take his robe. Don't worry, I'm sure he had little that would interest myself, but if you have found something that might give insight to the camps or other information, I'd suggest sharing that knowledge with the rest of us, hmm?" She places an uneasy emphasis on the word suggest, and then just stares and awaits the fellow wizard's reply, smiling.

Out of Character: Elanna perception check below.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Perception (adv) on D20 (+3): 20, 20 (2 rolls)

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.