Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 236 of 1199

Lia grins. ". I'm thankful they - Page 236 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th May, 2017 - 11:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
8th May, 2017 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 236

The Friendly Necromancer says...

After casting prestidigitation and not seeing the effect he was hoping for Onwen stands for a minute gripping his staff and staring at the ground in deep thought until he remembers Sir Onthar's men and the cantrips that they had used. "That must be it" he says and proceeds to explain to the others then mounts back up onto "Cobalt" his horse (Hoping the Dungeon Master allows Onwen to bring his horse despite not specifically saying that he was doing so earlier)

"What exactly is the plan then when we catch up to this army? No doubt they are aware that we would follow them so the element of surprise is probably lost here. I can't imagine they would simply lead us to their home base."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol continues east down the road with the hand cart following Tallis and Bubbles. He hopes the others do plan to follow soon.

Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Sir Onwen, mayhaps they think this will throw us off their trail. It appears Tallis has the trail. Let us follow, but let us show supreme caution as we do."

Looking at Lia and Poljen, "Would it be wise to put out a forward element with stealth to warn us in case of an ambush? And should we follow lest Cratol and Tallis draw to far?"

Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 236 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As people discuss the possibility of an ambush, it occurs to you that such an assault would be difficult to pull off. The terrain here is flat enough that you can see in most directions for a few miles.

You have already passed the one good spot for an ambush anywhere near this stretch of road, the collection of low hills where Poljen once spotted the pair of now deceased Storm Lizards via pigeon eyes.

That isn't to say an ambush is not possible, just difficult, especially with large numbers.

How fast do the Silver Blaze and associates move? The enemy army traveled 15 miles yesterday. If they kept up that pace, they're probably camped a little under 15 miles ahead of you at present.

You could probably make another 10 miles before losing the light, but would have to push yourselves a bit.

Out of Character: and yes, you have your mounts, along with potentially other things you would have acquired before leaving. Basic horses were provided for anyone who did not already have one, but wished to.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th May, 2017 - 3:45am

Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay recommends we move as far as possible to the group. "We should get close as we can methinks. Else we risk losing em when they use their next trick. 'Tis not me decision to make though."

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 8th May, 2017 - 11:52pm

Post Date: 9th May, 2017 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Let's keep moving. Ideally we'd have a couple of scouts within sight of their rear, without in turn being seen by their owns scouts. Easy for me to say though, I wouldn't know how to get within a mile of them without being heard!"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th May, 2017 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 236

Poljen says, "I would suspect they have left a patrol bringing up the rear, so we don't want to get too close, as long as we have a trail. And thanks to Bubbles, we should be fine." He glances at the group. "If they're 15 miles ahead, and we can get another 10, that is about as far as I'd dare go at any rate. I'd say we try to give them a couple of miles extra, just to be safe." He suddenly blinks and smiles. "I'd wager that mage who created the stone wall in the market is the one who changed the road."

Post Date: 9th May, 2017 - 11:24am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 236

Lia grins. ". I'm thankful they have at least one mage left. This would be no fun without the possibility of being struck by lightning. " She grows serious and looks to the others. " I hope that help is coming soon for us. I don't like our odds of rescuing the prisoners with only us involved. The hope is that when they leave most of their force will move on to the next target. Cyanwrath isn't an idiot. He knows some will follow him. I don't see them not leaving a large guard after going to all this trouble to capture these people. We will find out soon enough. " She shrugs and walks over to Fay. " Ionneg, you wished to speak to me about something?"

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.