Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 243 of 1199

"Amillë, care is utmost. I be not there - Page 243 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th May, 2017 - 9:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 243

Poljen thinks it over. "For now they are still on the main road. If the reinforcements are coming from that direction, either they will find the enemy, or the enemy will leave the road before meeting them. I am confident the reinforcements have their own scouts, so will not be surprised if they meet. But if the enemy changes directions, then we will definitely send outriders to find our allies. Maybe they would be willing to be the massive diversion we need to sneak into camp to free the captives."

He sighs then says, "If you and Tallis really wish to try to ride around the enemy, hoping to find the reinforcements, I will not stop you. But I caution you to give the enemy a very wide berth. And that will cost you time. Now, explain how you're magic communication will work. Will I be able to speak to you? You to me? Only one way, or back and forth?"

After Lia's explanation, Poljen motions Lia to one side and whispers to her, so no others can hear. "Lia, please tell your son that a good leader needs to learn patience. When not to strike is almost as important as when to strike. I understand his frustration. I'd love to attack. And if we weren't looking to free prisoners, I'd be leading the charge. But we have a greater goal. If he can't learn that, then I fear for not only his safety, but for any under his command."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol stands there by Mari when Poljen pulls Lia to the side. He looks at her and say, "I am a bit shy and quiet but you seem to be a bit of a loss soul. I can be a friend if you need one." He smiles at her and waits for Lia and Poljen to come back before he steps back over to the hand cart.

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

" I will speak with Tallis. It might not be necessary as you pointed out Poljen. She knows the terrain and the path the reinforcements will take better than we do. If she thinks we should go we will go. Otherwise we will stay here. We might be needed here. I want to be where I'm most useful. "

While she is off to the side listening to Poljen whispering, Mari notices Cratol. She smiles at him. " Thank you… Cratol isn't it? I'll keep that in mind. It is most kind. " There is an awkward silence until Lia rejoins them. Mari hasn't heard Cratol speak much before and doesn't really know what to talk about with a monk.

Lia glances at Cratol and to Mari. There is a hint of a frown on her face before she smiles. She wonders what Cratol is up to. He is never much for conversation. " Thanks for keeping her company Cratol. We will be heading out again. "

They ride ahead until they reach Tallis. Lia will share with her the idea that Fay had and her spell that can allow them to communicate between the reinforcements and their party members. . " So Tallis.. What do you think? Is it worth going or are we better off not worrying about it unless the enemy changes directions. "

Out of Character: : Paul, it works just like Nyzahr communicates. Lia can relay any message up to 25 words to anyone. Then the person can reply with the same 25 word limit.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th May, 2017 - 8:33pm

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 243 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Velon walks over to Cratol and Geoffrey as the others debate strategy and how they should address one another. He cares little about the latter. "Hey, do we know what they do to these prisoner's once they've gotten them back to their home base? Did I hear they somehow turn them into members of their army? I'm just wondering about the fate of these people if we don't act in time."

Post Date: 11th May, 2017 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay realizes the route round the Army will be important. He tries to remember all he learned about this area and it's history. Cities but especially towns and villages, as they will be Cyanwrath's targets. He knows Lia will have to come back this way to get Tallis. "I hope I paid enough attention during me studies" he thinks to himself.

Post Date: 12th May, 2017 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tallis responds to Lia's query, "I'd rather that they know than not. I would also like to get eyes on the main force while on the march, something we haven't properly done."

"But it will be dangerous, and we will have to move very fast. Are you up for that?"

Velon recalls that the hint about the prisoners having something to do with an army came from his interrogation, as was the assumption that they're being converted somehow. There doesn't seem to be any other solid hint as to the fate of the prisoners.

Fay recalls that the nearest probable target for Cyanwrath is a logging village to the northeast. If using the road to get there, he'll be making a left at an intersection two days travel ahead at this pace. That change in direction would also take him out of the path of the incoming reinforcements.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th May, 2017 - 7:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 243

Lia replies to Tallis. " Yes, I am up for it and Mari as well. Fay mentioned about a village north of the road the army is traveling on. It probably would be good to circle the enemy to the north and warn the village as we pass by. We are ready when you are Tallis. "
Lia goes to the others before departing. " Be careful everyone. We will see you all again soon. Poljen, don't forget that I will communicate with you once a day. I will try to do it just before sunset each day unless an emergency comes up. Just remember, when you hear my message you must respond right away. If you wait you will be unable to do so. Take care barbarian. "

She goes to Fay last. Lia speaks to him softly so no one else can hear. " Be careful Ionneg. Remember that no matter how much it chafes, sometimes patience is the best course. Do as Poljen says. Remember, if you think he is wrong then offer your opinion in private. One other thing I would like you to know. When you were born I gave you the name Beleg. I know that Faevalor is your name. Just remember that you do have an elven heritage as well no matter how horrible your grandparents might be. Gi melin, Ionneg. ". She hugs him and then rides off back to Tallis. Lia wants to look back but is afraid that if she does so that she will change her mind. ".

Mari listens quietly. As Lia rides away she looks to Fay. " Be careful Faevalor. See you soon. " She grins and canters after Lia.

Out of Character: : Gi melin = I love you. Beleg = mighty and is from the Silmarillion.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th May, 2017 - 7:32am

Post Date: 12th May, 2017 - 9:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 243

"Amillë, care is utmost. I be not there to protect thee. Promise that unnecessary danger you will not take. Gi melin, Amillë."

After Mari says her goodbyes Fay holds her gaze for the briefest of instants and smiles broadly, "I look forward to that time M'Lady. I look forward to it indeed." Then his smile fades some as he finishes, "Protect meh mother."

He stands there and watches as their figures recede into the distance. "Belen, he thinks to himself. 'Tis a fine name. A fine name indeed."

Then, he moves forward to resume his place as the forward scout. It would be lonelier duty this day.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.