Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 248 of 1199

Onwen responds to Poljen's summons - Page 248 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th May, 2017 - 3:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 15th May, 2017 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 248

General Werner bids that you wait out of earshot while he confers with his officers and his Lord. After a while, he indicates that he wants to speak with you again. "It seems a change of direction is needed. Lia was it? Spend some time with Qatar here and get to know him. Talk about the conjunction of the spheres, or the weave, or whatever the hells else you mages like to discuss. Talk about knitting for all I care, just get to know him well enough to communicate from afar, and then rejoin your companions as quickly as you can. My men cannot move nearly as fast as you three, and it will take us quite some time to catch up to these bastards."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th May, 2017 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of character: Sorry all, I'm still following every post, I just don't have much for Velon to contribute right now. It's clear who's in charge, and that attacking would be foolish. He also doesn't have any specific skills to help with tracking, etc. In the current situation.

Velon has simply been trying to remain patient despite his desire to mix it up with these evil doers. He'd be expressing both feelings to the group as he tries to get to know everyone during their travels and around camp at night. He'd be interested in talking battle tactics and training with Poljen and learning what he can from others as well. He'd also be expressing concern for exactly what process is used to convert prisoners into members of the enemy's army, and speculating on how long the prisoners from Greenest have before they are potentially beyond saving. Overall his demeanor is fairly serious and concerned about this situation, but he is still friendly and respectful to all members of the current party. Hopefully they're getting to know him a bit.

Post Date: 15th May, 2017 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia smiles. " General, before I forget the enemy had a small force on the main road when we passed. They had about 50 kobolds with three mages. The enemy was using them to conceal tracks on the road to distract anyone following while the army was peeling off to the south bit by bit. "

" Come, Qatar. Let us get to know each other a little better so we can communicate long range. Talk of the weave or knitting? " Lia laughs. " I saw the most interesting thing west of Greenest regarding the weave.... "

Mari remains silent unless spoken to. She will stay close to Lia while watching all that goes on.

After conversing for a little while Lia grins. " If no objections Qatar, we will depart now. The sooner we find my companions and the enemy the better. Contact me when you will daily and I will update you. I usually contact my friends around sunset so you might want to avoid that time. " Lia looks to Tallis and Mari. " Ladies, let's find our group. You know those guys will be in trouble. Almost all of the ones with common sense left are here. Nazyahr and Elyria are the only ones there and they are outnumbered. " They laugh and Tallis leads them back towards the west at a good pace once they are away from the army.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th May, 2017 - 7:19pm

Post Date: 15th May, 2017 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 248 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Werner's mood improves slightly at the news of kobolds ahead, "Good, it will give the unblooded recruits something to cut their teeth on before we get to the real thing. We'll take care of them, don't worry."

Qatar turns out to be a fairly pleasant, if bookish, wizard. He is particularly fascinated by Lia's accounting of the modified Faezress field you encountered in Greenest, and wants you to put him in touch with Onwen if circumstances allow, so he can get the assessment of a fellow student of the arcane.

Soon enough, Tallis, Lia, and Mari ride ahead of the group from Iriaebor. Tallis assures them that, aside from needing to avoid the kobolds, taking the road west for a while will be faster than heading straight for the enemy's apparent destination across the plains.

Both groups continue on their respective paths…

Day Eight

About midday, Lia's group puts eyes on the kobolds again. They're still busy resurfacing the road, apparently unaware that their ruse has been rendered useless. Avoiding them is easy enough, they aren't paying attention to much else.

For the main group, this chase has become a matter of boring routine. The enemy rises, spreads out in a line just enough to keep their tracks from sinking in too deep, and marches on for 15 or so miles before gathering back together to form the now familiar ringed camp. On the plus side, the captives seem to be unharmed, with their needs being tended to.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th May, 2017 - 10:31pm

Post Date: 15th May, 2017 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That evening as Fay comes in he goes to Poljen and asks his normal questions, "How fares me mother and the Lady Mari?" But rather than leaving it at that he adds, "Poljen, methinks we need to slow this group down. Meh father and brothers taught me that ambushes and quick probing attacks be best for this. In this terrain probing attacks be suicide. But the foothills up yonder may present us with opportunities to ambush this force. If we slow em down it gives reinforcements time to catch us up. We would have to swing wide to get in front."

Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poljen does his best not to roll his eyes as Fay approaches. The young bard asks the expected questions, and gets the usual reply. "They are on their way to join us. Relax." But then he broaches the idea of an ambush, in hopes of slowing the enemy down. The towering man blinks once or twice before speaking.

"How many are we right now? You, me, Geoffroy, Elyria, Onwen, Nyzahr, Velon, Cratol? If we rode hard, which would also put us farther from Lia and Mari of course, and we avoided any outriders they have, we might find a pass in the hills where we could set up. But could we do so with enough time? We would need to be sure of where they are going. And even if we do, they outnumber us by what, three hundred or so? The army we need is still days behind us. I doubt we'd slow them by more than a day. They have an experienced commander. What would you do in his place? I'd send a large enough force to route the attackers, which would still leave me with over two hundred, and we'd keep going. Fay, I know your blood burns for action. Mine does as well. But all you seem able to see is the enemy. You keep forgetting why we're out here, chasing them. We are going to free the prisoners. And while they travel they keep enough troops guarding them we have no chance of that. Once back at their camp, no doubt they will have cages, or something akin to a paddock or prison for them. They will have fewer guards there, and will relax, as long as they think we do not follow."

Knowing the young man wishes to debate he summons the rest of the group over. He explains his position to all, and says to them, "Now please, all of you, tell me what you think we should do. But also tell me how you think our enemy is making their decisions, and how they will react to various strategies. If someone can put forth a strategy that sounds as if it will have a significant impact, I would gladly support it."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th May, 2017 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 248

Cratol stands there and listens. After Poljen gets done talking he looks over to Faevalor. Cratol will stare at Faevalor with a look of disappointment. After a couple minutes he shakes his head and wanders back to where he left the hand cart.

Cratol has watched Faevalor go to Poljen on a nightly basis. HE thinks that Faevalor is testing peoples patience. If he is wanting to be a member of this group trying to push people around is not going to make him look good.

16th May, 2017 - 3:43am / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 248

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen responds to Poljen's summons and stands gripping his staff as he listens to him describe the situation and ask for opinions. Onwen shrugs "Strategy and tactics are well beyond my scope of expertise I'm afraid. I have been studying and I believe that I've mastered couple of new spells. I believe that I can now cast a spell similar to the one that the enemy mage used to nearly kill me and I have also developed a spell that interrupts another mages casting. While I cannot hope to predict the enemies movements or intentions, especially when up against an experienced commander, hopefully knowledge of my abilities could be put to use when forming your tactics. I will say, however it pains me to do so, that when it comes to the arcane I may be outmatched by the enemy… at least based on my experience so far in this little conflict."

Onwen advises the others of the spells that he has prepared:

False Life[1]; Mage Armor[1]; Detect Magic [1]; Fog Cloud [1]; Magic Missile [1]; Darkvision [2]; Web [2]; Lightening Bolt [3]; Counter Spell [3]

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.