Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 252 of 1199

Onwen stands by listening to the others discuss - Page 252 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th May, 2017 - 4:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 252

Poljen shrugs. "Until we know where the prisoners are held, we can't make a final plan. They might have the prisoners in some caves back that way," he gestures towards the cliff wall. "Or the might be in some of the tents." He sighs and muses aloud. "As they bed down for the night, I think we should send people in. They can choose to walk in and pretend they belong there, or climb down near this end and then explore. I doubt I could get away with strolling in and pretending to be part of the army. Too many will recall my fight with the half-dragon. And Tallis probably would not fit in either. I have seen no other halflings or gnomes in their army. Maybe we can climb down and just do our best to stay out of sight."

He thinks for a few more moments. "The best I can think of right now is this. The people who enter the camp, whichever way they choose, explore and look for the captives. If they are outside of the caves, they should find something to light on fire as far from the entrance to the canyon as possible. That will also signal to those of us not in the camp what to do. Which will be to either provide cover from above with bows, or help clear out the guards posted near the entrance, while those inside free the captives and lead them out."

He suddenly shakes his head. "Then we are still on foot with possibly scores of prisoners, while an army begins to pursue us. By the gods this is hard! Lia, how many days behind you are the reinforcements?"

Out of Character: : Just adding a generic Perception roll to help figure out stuff.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 17th May, 2017 - 1:35pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of combat: We need a Familiar or someone with invisibility or something to do a detailed scouting of the tents and the cave. Oh well. Perhaps one extremely stealthy person?
"Poljen, if I may, I have no idea what the best option is but have been pondering different strategies. We could divide their forces by blocking the cave entrance somehow. This, of course, is completely dependent on where the prisoners are located; not only the Greenest prisoners but any others they may have. If the prisoners are inside and there aren't too many guards in there, I'd be willing to be blocked in there with them to ensure they are safe from the main force. It would be risky but hopefully the army would come and take care of the rest for us. At least we would have separated the prisoners from those trying to convert them."

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia frowns as Poljen and Velon speak. " This is a frustrating situation. I feel that it is suicide to either free the prisoners now or to try to block the entrance. We are only a handful of people. They have us slightly outnumbered. If… if we managed to escape with them. What then? We would be never be able to outrun the pursuit. We would all end up dead or prisoners as well. Our help is probably 5 days away. Our best option is to gather more information and wait until our help is much closer. "

"I like the idea of some of us walking in. You are definitely out Poljen. I think that Cratol, Geoffroy and myself are the best options to walk in. We go in unarmored and pretend that we belong. Gather information and then we walk out. I will not ask Mari to go back into that situation. Th.."
Mari interrupts her. " Lia, you aren't going in without me. This type mission is made for me. We can do this and get back out. Then we can make further plans. "

Out of Character: : Nyzahr would be great to sneak in there with her invisibility spell. Im not sure about the availability of Ash at this point however. Lia is not very trusting of her either. Where does the enemy converting prisoners into serving in their army come from? Did I miss something? I keep seeing that being mentioned.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th May, 2017 - 2:13pm

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 252 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of character: Yeah, the prisoner Fay and Velon interrogated in the keep just before Poljen's duel eluded to prisoners being taken to be part of their army.

"You are right, Lia, but I fear the prisoners may not have that much time. If the opportunity presents itself to separate the prisoners from the majority of their forces, such as via a cave in, it may be worth the risk in dealing with the remaining troops. A cave in could buy us the time to flee, or we could block ourselves inside the cave with the prisoners and rely on the army to take care of their main force. Either way we all agree on one thing, we need more information. Who will scout the camp up close?"

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Large fires start blooming as true night approaches, you can smell smoke and roasting meat from here.

Based on the observations so far, there is some doubt about the prisoners being out here. None of the tents seem to be specifically guarded, and while the people out here could comfortably rest in the tents pitched, adding the prisoners into the mix would make it very cramped.

Out of Character: for Kyr, a prisoner interrogated by Velon mentioned the prisoners were somehow needed for an army, but was unsure of further details. The running assumption since has been that they're being converted somehow.

Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fay warmly embraces Lia upon her return. "Gods but it is good to have you back Amillë. And Tallis and the Lady Mari as well." Fay says the last name just a touch louder. "When time permits I have a surprise for thee. 'Tis a small thing."

He thinks he saw Mari look his way, but he isn't sure. He listens to the discussion going on and adds, "I be trained to perform. It be something they teach at meh schooling. I am also a bit of a sneak and if need be I can persuade our way past guards that be not inebriated. I would go as well." The last part he said as a statement and looked at Lia as he said it. "There really is no more logical a choice."

Later, as the opportunity permits Fay walks over to Mari and says, "Lady Mari, tis truly a pleasure to see thee. Missed thy" he looks down at her daggers, "Dagger wit thee has't." He leaves it at that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th May, 2017 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 252

Lia nods. " You are correct Fay. I don't want you to go. You must not be harmed. Your argument makes sense and you would be well suited to it though. I have a spell that I can cast on you that will make you even better at talking to people. You must hide your ears as must I and Mari. I haven't seen any elves or half-elves with them. "

Lia glances around at everyone. " So we have Fay, Mari, Cratol and myself available to go. Anyone else?"

Mari looks up at him with a grin. " It is good to see you my lord. " Her eyes shine as she teases him. " I have a question for you. Are you considered a lord? Your father is a baron. Will any noble title be passed on to you due to the circumstances of your birth?"

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th May, 2017 - 4:02pm

17th May, 2017 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 252

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen stands by listening to the others discuss their options but has little to add and finds a place to sit and write in his journal unless someone addresses him.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.