Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 285 of 1199

It doesn't take much time to finish - Page 285 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th May, 2017 - 8:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 285

As Fay casts his spell, Velon and Lia charge in and around the corner. They're confronted by a large blue scaled creature, its on its hind legs and… Oh, its just a tapestry of a dragon. No one was hiding over here, and there doesn't seem to be a second entry.

The two guards slump over in sleep as the rest of the group pours in. A few bleary eyed guards start to struggle up, but they're easily rendered unconscious by means more mundane than a spell.

Soon enough, you find yourselves in a barracks/mess with twenty one unconscious cultists. You can tie them up, or end them, at your leisure.

There's not much in the way of valuables in here, aside from coin. There is good food and ale, plenty of armor and weapons, but not much else.

Out of Character: in the event Fay rolls particularly low, Onwen will cast sleep as well to make up the difference.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th May, 2017 - 5:47pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Nyzahr just raises an eyebrow as her lips show a faint smile.

- This One Has Given Men The Draught Of Dreams Before. The Soldiers Are Weary And All Their World Shall Mean Slumber, The Noble Son Need Not Worry, So.

Out of Character: : Nyzahr gets ready to cast her own Sleep spell on 1st level slot if need be; but she will first wait to see the effects of Fay's magic. (Saying that… Daishain, are there any rules in 5e to use 2 sleep spells in conjunction for stronger effect - or any other 2 spells of the same type, at that ?... Just curious, could come in handy at some point.).

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen smiles grimly. "Nicely done! Now we end them. Those to squeamish to slit throats, start carrying food outside to the prisoners. Once we're done here, we'll go make sure the beasts Fay and Nyzahr saw earlier are also dispatched." He will begin slaughtering the guards, though he takes no pleasure in it.

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 285 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: in answer to Nyzahr's query, no, there are not any rules for cooperative casting in 5E

I would however consider a relatively minor bonus to casting a spell together. One mage would have to delay to act on the same initiative as the other, and they would need to be working together from the start of the spell. Simply casting it in the same aread wouldn't be enough. I'll consider the exact benefit of doing this depending on the spell, but if you have something in mind I'll hear it out.

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia's heart skips a beat seeing the dragon. She smiles as she realizes what it is. Seeing that the guards are subdued she doesn't wish to take part in the slaughter. Killing someone in combat is easy for her. Slaughtering people like this troubles her even if they are evil. She knows it is the right thing to do in this situation but she feels it might taint her in the eyes of Sune. The young cleric begins taking food out to the prisoners.

Mari smiles grimly as she sees what is about to happen. She draws out a dagger without hesitation and begins slitting throats. " This is for those women, filthy trash" she murmurs after each throat she slits. Anger burns through her veins while she does this.

Out of Character: : That was cruel Daishain *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th May, 2017 - 6:46pm

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Amillë, thou dos't not need to see this" Fay says as he pulls out his scimitars. He follows Poljen and Mari into the room and begins dispatching guards. "There is no satisfaction in this" he thinks to himself, "But necessity there be."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 285

"Do we need any of them alive for questioning?" Velon asks the others as he otherwise carries out Poljen's order. "Let's ensure some of these weapons get to the prisoners able to wield them!"

Out of character: Daishain, you made me ask again! Any full plate here? How about a warhammer? (I realized I should have kept Velon's original for an alternate damage type when I received the sword since they are surprisingly listed as only 2lb.)

As Velon cuts throats "Forgive me Bahamut, I hesitate to do this, but it must be done. I trust in you to guide me on this mission of protecting the world from the evils of Tiamat."

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 285

It doesn't take much time to finish off the guards. There is a brief moment of excitement as one of the naturally sleeping men wake up while Mari is standing over him, but the situation is dealt with easily enough.

Food, weapons, and other items are brought out to the prisoners.

There is another door not much further down from the barracks, and a wall crossing the corridor even further down with three more doors in it.

Out of Character: Velon, In terms of lootable gear, Warhammer yes, full plate no.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.