Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 32 of 1199

Cratol runs foward as Lia's arrow - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th October 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
17th Jan, 2017 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 32

The Terror says...

Targul follows along even though stealth is not his strong suite. Following the lead of Poljen and Cahleth he'll have his newly acquired sword ready for any stragglers they find along the way or to use against the southern camp.

Targul Results:
  • Stealth (Disadvantage) on D20 (+2): 3, 9 (2 rolls)
  • Initiative on D20 (+2): 10 (1 rolls)
  • Two Rnds Attack on D20 (+7): 20, 10, 27, 19 (4 rolls)
  • Two Rnds Damage (+5) on D6 (+0): 5, 6, 6, 5 (4 rolls)
  • Generic Save on D20 (+0): 2, 10 (2 rolls)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

His band is being a little on the noisy side, so Cahleth stops for a moment just barely in sight of the camp. They can see a little over a dozen people scattered about. They all have weapons to hand and are alert, but don't seem to be moving for now.

Sir Onthar is a little perturbed to hear that the others went ahead, and urges those with him to pick up the pace a bit. His group shortly afterwards hears something like distant thunder to the north.

On their way to rejoin the others, Cratol and Lia are passing by the caravan when they hear a boom, and see the last wagon explode outward. As the dust settles, they can see Lady Miruvial, somehow free of her bonds, trying to calm her frightened mare enough to mount up. Her guards are lying on the ground nearby.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia curses as the wagon explodes. Seeing the sorceress free she grits her teeth. " We must stop her Cratol before she kills them all. Who knows what kind of mischief she will commit now. She will be on foot soon. " She pulls out her bow and takes aim at her horse.

Out of Character: : Using bonus damage from sharpshooter feat to target horse. Once horse is down she will use normal shots. I rolled two rds of action. If the horse is felled with the first shot then please go to the normal bow shot rolled below.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 32 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol is not happy to see the wagon exploding. Listening to Lia he takes off towards the Lady Miruvial. He will approach the area of the explosion cautiously but still wants to make sure she is not going to get away. He will do all he can to subdue her without killing her if he can.

Out of Character: he will be using 1 ki point to make two additional attacks per round, Flurry of blows, IF he strikes her with his flurry of blows she will not be able to attack until the end of my next turn.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Seeing the camp well-armed and alert, and knowing they are not quite being as sneaky as one might hope, Cahleth ponders if another approach might be best. He holds up a hand to stop Targul and Poljen from advancing as he thinks over their options.

"They all look pretty well armed… either of you see anyone we should target off the drop?" (Insight check below trying to gauge if there is a leader or someone else of import. If no one obvious spotted, I'll fire at the closest targets as the other two run in to engage).

Note: I only get the second shot each round if there is another target within 5 ft. Of my original target. And I only get advantage on the attacks if I'm acting before my target.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2017 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Seeing Cahleth preparing to loose arrows from his bow, Poljen looks at the ranger and the half-orc fighter and says with his usual fun-loving grin, "You could use a distraction! I don't want to many arrows returning your way from that camp!" As Cahleth begins to shoot, Poljen bursts from the trees with a piercing shriek, almost akin to a bird of prey!

"Yaaaaah!" He charges through the trees heading towards the bandit(S) furthest to the left of their field of vision, sword and shield ready for action.

Out of Character: : Bonus Action to Rage (Last one of the day, unless it never activated when we hit the three scouts), Move, then attack. Second round, if target is down, Move and Bonus Action to Dash so that he swings around the perimeter and hits another victim without absorbing Attack of Opportunity. If first target is not down, well, second verse same as the first… then Move and Dash… keep them busy and off-balance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jan, 2017 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 32

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Hearing the boom/thunder in the distance Onwen looks to the north trying to discern the source, his eyes squint as he scans the horizon (I'm assuming he cannot see the caravan at this point though) "Did that come from the wagons?" he asks as he gives Sir Onthar a look that suggests he already knows the answer to the question "Either way I'd imagine any chance at surprise has just dissipated. I'm not sure what my comrades had planned exactly, but it would appear that I am with you at the moment Sir Onthar. What do you suggest we do?

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

Cratol runs foward as Lia's arrow seeks, and finds, the mare's heart. The animal screams as she falls, almost on top of her owner. Miruvial frees her foot and stands.

"I will not be judged by the likes of you!" The sorceress casts a spell as Cratol bears down on her, willing a shield of energy to form. She brings it up too late to block the monk's first blow, but she deftly uses it to stave off the rest of his attacks, as well as Lia's second arrow. The shield dissipates as she retaliates with fire. Cratol dodges two of the rays, but the third burns him. He can hear Geoffroy's squire speaking behind him, and a thin layer of pure white energy coalesces around his body.

South of their position Onthar considers, "We cannot leave this camp to its own devices, but if that's who I think it is… Ghent! Tiana! Head back and render whatever aid is needed." Two of the Order salute and reverse direction, jogging back to the caravan. The paladin looks at Onwen. "We could use your help here, but they might need it more, I cannot say for sure. Choose as you will."

At about this time, a piercing yell is heard to the south, followed by the din of battle. Onthar says, "Hells, they're fighting already, Move people!" Followed by the others, the paladin sets off at a loping run.

Targul and Poljen start running as Cahleth fires arrows towards a tall woman who the other bandits seem to respect. She carries a beautifully carved black recurved bow. Though his second shot misses, the first catches the leader in the thigh. Its a shallow strike, but it certainly gets her attention.

His second round of arrows strikes true as well, wounding the leader and killing the man beside her. She returns fire, hitting Cahleth twice, fortunately not in vital areas. Targul reaches an opponent, and cuts him down. The bandits have started moving, several raise their bows and fire, with a few moving forward to engage their opponents in melee. Poljen and Targul both take several shallow wounds. For his part, the barbarian enters his frenzy and badly wounds the man before him.

The leader goes down with Cahleth's arrow in her throat, and another bandit near her goes down as well. Targul cleaves a man from his sternum all the way down to the bottom ribs with a spectacular overhand blow, while Poljen batters a man's defenses down with his shield before impaling him. The pair take another series of cuts and arrows in the process.

Out of Character: Cratol takes 7 fire damage. Elyria cast Shield of Faith on him, boosting his AC by 2.

At the south camp. 6 men down, 9 to go. After damage reduction, Targul takes a total of 27 damage. Poljen is slightly worse off with 29. Cahleth takes 16 from the leader's arrows. Targul and Poljen were not quite in range to begin with, and so spent their first round dashing towards the enemy. I assumed Poljen would have begun raging in the second round, rather than it dying off before he did anything with it, so some of the incoming damage was unmitigated. Since we had a mismatch in the amount of rolls on hand, I assumed Cahleth would repeat his actions for the third round.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:12am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.