Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 314 of 1199

Looking to the young half-elf, Geoffroy will - Page 314 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jun, 2017 - 4:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 314

Nyzahr walks up towards Lia and reaches out to stroke her hair, her head slightly bent and a sad, soft smile playing on her lips.

- This One Is Glad To Learn The Ways Of The Strange Earth-Planars, Yet She Feels Not Bound To Their Rules As Of Yet. Maybe The Fair And Just Elven Mother Will Have Something This One Can Learn In That Regard.

She then turns towards Fay and throws him a small kiss:
- The Brave And Charming Son Has The Courage Of Heroes And Their Fire Burns Inside His Chest. Beware That Fire Does Not Burn Too Hot, Or Many Shall Be Burnt.

She passes Velon with a small nod of the head and a mischievous smile before sitting next to Cratol, as he chose a place a little bit away from the rest of the group:
- This Young One Is Full Of Promise And Candor, Yet He Has No Mastery Over His Emotions And Rancors. What Would Your Masters Say, Young Novice ? Would They Applaud Or Would They Weep ? You Dream Of Conquest And Honor Yet Your Greatest Enemy Is Your Own Folly. Beware Of Walking The Lonely Path Like This White Chanter Does: Without Friends And Without Wisdom You Shall Find Than Mere Strength Alone Will Not Complete Thy Tasks.

She then approaches Poljen and goes down on one knee in a somewhat ironic mockery of a knighthood:

- The Burly One Is Facing Great Challenges, Not Of The Body But Of The Mind. This One Has Observed And Learned That A Big Clump Of Shaggy Hair Can Hide A Heart Of Gold And A Spirit Of Silver. This Is Good To See. This One Has Not Earned The Company's Trust, Nor Does She Imperatively Wish To. Yet There Are Things This One Would Discuss With The Rest (She sends him images of her conversation with Azbara).

Out of Character:

Before anyone comments on her speech, keep in mind the "Words" are actually more like images and impressions, as well as directed exclusively to the particular person she chooses to communicate with in this way (Meaning, only one person can hear what she says, unless I'm mistaken…). See "Message" spell to get a clearer idea (This adressed in particular to Cinder and Abnninja who may not be aware of her strange modus of speech).

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 9th Jun, 2017 - 3:08pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol sits there stunned for a moment. "That is why I have left the monastery due to my emotions controlling me more than my mastery over myself. Yes I do tend to be quiet as I work on my own mastery. I am not a perfect monk. I have weaknesses that I am working on. I will continue to work on this as I follow the Silver Blaze." He sits there with a sad look on his face as he ponders on how he can stay true to himself.

9th Jun, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy listens to all which is said, actually feeling relief that the heart of many issues were coming to light in a way which could lead to more growth from those he had come to see as friends and companions. As well those who had just joined, which was interesting to see actually. Better, he saw many taking responsibility for the fault that belonged to them which was a relief.

With a sign, Geoffroy begins to speak of his own thoughts, "I admit, I now regret going with my sister to watch over the prisoners and in now going with the rest of you. I feel that in part I could have at least helped to prevent things from getting so out of hand and helped to make sure Lia did not find herself in the situation where she was almost killed." The Morningliege looks to those which had gathered, wondering how best to go over what he wanted to say next.

After a moment of pause, he continues with the words, "Already it looks many have been made to realize their mistakes and the part they played in how everything spiraled out of hand with so many nearly killed, while even taking responsibility for their actions. Yet more to this, many I feel spoke in their anger and in their upset while others with petty or insensitive insults." Geoffroy wonders how best to continue, yet knows that what he will say next needs to be said even if the words may hurt a bit.

"I offer that Poljen speaks the truth in that it was Cahleth who perhaps made the better leader, yet perhaps add that it should not have fallen to him to take up that role when our friend no longer could," He looks to the barbarian with a grim yet calm expression, wishing he didn't have to say such before turning to Lia and Fay as he continues, "At the same time, I also do not feel our fair priestess of Sune is the better choice either. Her heart is, I feel, far too caring or sensitive for the demands and responsibilities that would be placed on her. Her role is vital, not only as one more focused keeping the rest of us whole and healed but that of the heart or conscience of the Silver Blaze as a whole who lifts the spirits. She could, in my opinion, be far better as one who advises and perhaps cools the tempers of those may lead, not being at the front where the battle must take place."

Moving a hand to his forehead as to rub it, Geoffroy does something that is felt would not be something he wouldn't normally offer, and says, "I would not under normal circumstances offer myself, but I feel we need someone who won't simply charge ahead or stubbornly stick with a path. One who can lead both from the front and those farther behind. I feel that given what has happened today, I may be better as the battle leader of this party." The Morningliege's looked pained having to say this, but his expression was serious.

Out of Character: Well, here goes. I hope that this does not disappoint and helps to finally settle things. Again, as I said in the past I do not feel Geoffroy would under normal circumstances offer himself as leader but given all that has happened I do feel that he wouldn't hesitate to step forward if the need was great. The party needs and strong and decisive battle leader, which I feel leaves him as the best choice. Admittedly his words may cause some to question, as there has been a couple of times that even the cleric has let his emotions get the better of him involving his sister but he was working on this.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 9th Jun, 2017 - 7:49pm

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 314 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol sighs at the fact that so much division has happened. He feels that maybe he was a casue of some of it. He stands up and points to Poljen. "Leader" He looks around at the others and then goes to join Lia in helping with the freed prisoners so we can maybe get them moving back towards Greenest.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay looks at everyone and shakes his head sadly. “I thank thee for inviting me to the group, but I cannot accept. Ye all will understand why when I have finished. I cannot accept Poljen as leader. I would accept Lia or Geoffroy, but not Poljen. And since it would seem as an ultimatum if I were to accept I will simply politely decline.”

He Looks at Poljen, “Ye gave a fine explanation about attacking that fell beastie but it makes no sense to me. Ye said ye knew we would beat the beast, yet that was after it felled ye with one attack. Then ye blame me mind attack for it scurrying into its hole. It was that mind attack which presented the opportunity to retreat. Think on this, our nemesis Tiamat knew she was going to win in her bid to conquer all, and yet she lost to Bahamut. Knowing we would win is not a basis for leadership. And to say ye did not expect M’Lady Mother to follow ye once the beast fled” Fay shakes his head. “Then ye know not yer troops.”

He looks at Velon, “I apologize for me harsh words to ye sir. They were said in the heat of the moment with the fire of battle still fresh in me veins. But I would say this to ye, what ye did was dangerous and I would tell ye again to not go into that room. Ye knew not for sure what was in there. If another beast was in there, even one half as powerful as that which we just killed it would have killed us all. But ye completely disregarded me warning. Why? Is it that ye think me too haughty? I tell ye, ye were successful this time so ye learned naught, but mayhaps next time that mayn’t be the case and die we will. I just ask ye think on this.”

He moves nearer to Lia, “Now to leadership, Poljen say M’Lady Mother be too timid. This be the woman who parlayed with a dragon up close while others were near paralyzed with fright. She it was who counseled we attack with hit and run raids to whittle down the enemy during the march here. Timid she is not. I say rather she considers her options and then makes a decision…much like a leader should. And ere any say she is not one who leads us into battle by rushing the enemy, ‘tis true. Nay, instead she would direct her troops into position and then set the attack. Again, as a leader should. The leader need not be at the forefront. Nay, in fact a good leader directs her troops to make sure the critical strike is delivered at the crucial moment. To help counsel her, I would suggest ye, Poljen, or ye, Geoffroy as her lieutenant.”

He then moves away from Lia and closer to Nyzahr, “So the bards shall stay apart and as such, we act as we will. I will follow Lia, and follow her rule unless I feel her life is in danger, and then I will do what I need.”.

Out of Character: History check made…

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 9th Jun, 2017 - 8:18pm

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Velon waits for another moment of silence. "Despite today's challenges, it would be an honor to join and fight with the Blaze. Having barely one foot in the door, I am hesitant to speak on leadership, but I will share my thoughts if you accept me in and wish to hear them."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 314

Poljen says to Fay, "You, um, miss-in-ter-pert my words. I suspect intentionally. I wish to merely say a few more words in response. First, when I say I knew we would defeat the beast, I meant I was sure we could do it. I have faith, not just in the Blaze, but in my judgment of our abilities. Also, the beast did attack me, and drop me with one horrific blast of acid. But once I was back up, I still felt we would win. And I said I did not expect Lia to follow me, though I suspected she would. I know her well enough not to take her for granted. She has chided me often for being in the thick of things, even before I took the position of leader, and threatened not to heal me. I take her seriously, but also suspect she will do so as long as she feels it will help the Blaze. Next I did not call her timid. I said cautious. Though since your arrival she has also seemed more… I never thought I would say this of her, but reckless. And if you still think the plan to conduct hit-&-run attacks on the enemy during the tracking was the wisest course of action, then you definitely have not learned."

The barbarian turns to the group and speaks loudly enough that Lia can still hear him. "Who among us believes that we should have struck the enemy on the march, rather than follow them until we found their camp, in our quest to rescue the prisoners?"

10th Jun, 2017 - 4:00am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 314

The Quiet Shadow says...

Looking to the young half-elf, Geoffroy will say, "You think highly of your mother, as to also her capabilities, which should be expected. So do I view her highly and with respect, yet so I have know her for longer good bard." He considers Fay for a moment, as his wood elf other as well and his trusted friend, before finishing, "Because of such, I offer still that she could provide wiser counsel as an adviser to the leader."

Looking to the barbarian, the Morningliege says, "I believe it was wise not to strike as the enemy at march, that it was better to wait and not draw attention to ourselves by trying to take out the few trailing. You made the wise choice then, though I do not feel it excuses what happened in the cave with the monster there." He knew what Poljen was trying to check and though the decision not to attack then was wise, he did feel that what happened with the Stalker could have been avoided.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 10th Jun, 2017 - 4:07am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.