Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 331 of 1199

Darsi seems slightly dazed, but otherwise - Page 331 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Jun, 2017 - 6:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
15th Jun, 2017 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 331

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy thanks his sister, glad to see that the elf was doing well and now worries for his companions. Looking to the tiefling, he asks, "Shall we go and check on them, to see what is keeping them?" The Morningliege believes it would be safe to leave the elf.

Out of Character: Wait, you retired him by making him a traitor? That was surprising, and disconcerting to know that could happen if a player leaves.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:13pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: This is something of a special case. Onwen, from the start, had goals that did not align with that of the group, and made it clear he would sacrifice just about anything to reach those goals.

Had he been here as a player, he'd have been tempted by an opportunity to learn much more of his true craft and purpose than could likely be managed in your company. Whether or not he took it would have been up to Aeric. I simply had NPC Onwen make a choice.

I will attempt to make any retirees leave in a manner consistent with their prior behavior. So no, turning traitor is not an option for me with most characters.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:18pm

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia stands transfixed as she watches this. " Onwen, don't. " Seeing him disappear she curses. " I knew he was up to no good. Why would a decent person want the studies of a vile necromancer? Be accursed traitor. " Seeing the elderly kobold sprawled out Lia will rush to check on her.

Specific Action: She will check on her first. If she seems to be uninsured then Lia will help her up. In the event she is injured Lia will use cure wounds on her.

Out of Character: : It's rare to find one cleric in a party. Three in one party. I need to change classes *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:29pm

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 331 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Upon hearing Geoffroy's request, Nyzahr simply cracks one of her small cynical smiles and stands up, nodding with her long white horse-like mane in the general direction the rest of their group seems to have taken.

She gives one long, lingering glance to the sleeping elf, her eyebrows arched slightly, maybe in surprise or wonder, or bafflement. She then strides purposefully towards the torture chamber and the rest of the complex, obviously intent on following the cleric's suggestion.

Out of Character:
I personally liked the surprising turn of events with Onwen, and agree on the fact that it's perfectly likely a Neutral Evil necromancer would pull that sort of stunt on a whim. Add to that the fact that he's taken off with Nyzahr's "Protégée", I can imagine a nice side-quest for her and a decent reason for having her sitting out on the next part of the campaign, while she goes off hunting for "Her" lost half-dragon and its new thieving spell-casting guardian !
More roleplaying in the works then, as this is definitely another great opening for some side-adventures… Nice call, Daishain.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:33pm

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of character: Nice, well done Daishain. Loving that we can do a dungeon but there is still lots of character and plot development. It seems we have resolved most things, but I'd still like to address the group regarding the orb.

"Wow, that's concerning. If Onwen ever meets up with the cultists he can identify each one of us and explain exactly what we did here. Did he hear us discussing where we may send the infants?"

"Before we go, I'm concerned about the orb. I took a look at it, and it cannot be moved. If we send a party back without some talented magic users to decipher its secrets, they will have to leave the orb behind for Cyanwrath's use, and our eggs may never hatch. It seems that we should be able to deactivate it, but I know not how… and we just lost our wizard… "

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fay sees Onwen disappear and he opens his mouth to say something, but no words come out. Then he walks over to Darsi to check her condition and console her in Draconic, "I know you did what ye could. 'Twas our fault for putting trust in Onwen." He looks at her earnestly, "If ever we meet again I shall extract vengeance upon Onwen, or die in the trying. This is my vow Mistress Darsi. Now, we must decide how to move these eggs quickly or mayhaps he will lead the Red Wizards back here for more."

Finding his voice he then tells the others, "We must move the eggs and quickly. The traitor may lead the Red Wizards back here for more and this be a group too powerful by measures."

Out of Character: Yeah, that was well played. And of course he'd want to go to Thay. My goodness, the Red Wizards could very probably create the very magic he needs. And yes, you read that first sentence right, Fay had nothing to say at first *wink*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 331

Poljen curses as Onwen escapes through the magical portal. "He was always secretive, but never did anything that opposed us. I was willing to ignore it since we all have secrets. But no longer. If we should find him again, I will kill him."

The barbarian agrees with them leaving soon. "As for sending an expedition back to study magic and such, they may have to deal with Cyanwrath and his army. We must take what we can and go. Should we send the freed prisoners with Tallis towards Greenest, while we chase the caravan?"

He also asks the group, "That rock creature, eating the corpses in the room… why would they bother locking the door? Is it possible there is also something in there it is guarding?"

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 331

Darsi seems slightly dazed, but otherwise is fine. She doesn't say anything, and instead resumes her work of getting the infants ready to move while glowering at everything.

Out of Character: Onwen wasn't the only one in a position to study magical stuffs. Is anyone going to take a close look at that orb?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.