Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 355 of 1199

Lia frowns at Poppo. She looks over at Geoffroy - Page 355 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jul, 2017 - 12:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 355

Fay sits there listening to the exchange, holding back, prepared to act if needed. "They have it well in hand" he thinks to himself. Then he thinks on the last exchange with his grandfather, "I'm going to have to show him" he thinks. He sits there humming the tune from the music box his grandmother gave Lia.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo gulps again as Mari loosens the dagger a bit more. "Ok, okay. No need for that. We are all just having a nice chat."
When Lia offered her seat, Poppo looked uncertain but then as he was about to speak Velon clamped down on his shoulder and talked about his Uncle Jeppo and something about frog stew. Poppo didn't quite catch it all as all the blood rushed from his head at the sight of such a large and intimidating fellow. Dimly he realized that he needed to say something.

"Oh no, Goliath isn't for cooking. He's my familiar. Helps me out from time to time. Definitely, can't cook him. No sir."

Hoping to extricate himself from the large armored figure, Poppo quickly responds to Lia, "I will answer whatever you like. Just want to be where the action is. I'm very good at answering questions. I was first in my class in Dagger Falls. Other kids were not very happy with me but I figured since I knew the answers I should answer the headmaster. He obviously wanted someone to say something. One time right around winter finals, I was.... "

Poppo continued to chatter on about his childhood as he took the pro-offered seat, picking up the edges of his cloak and hopping onto the chair to sit before looking at Lia.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia tries not to smile as he keeps rambling on. He doesn't appear to be any kind of spy but one can't be too careful these days. She smiles at Velon and mouths " Thanks. " Lia steps back a few feet from Poppo. She begins chanting and gestures towards Poppo. " Thank you for your cooperation good sir. I just have a few questions for you. Wait until the end to answer please. Do you intend us any harm? Are you spying on us? Why are you wanting to join us? Does anyone else have anything to ask our friend here? A word of warning. Everyone that is sitting within 15 feet or so of Poppo are affected the same way. "
She laughs.

Mari continues watching him with dagger at the ready. She feels someone watching her from the corner of her eye and looks around. Fay appears to be looking at her. She shakes her head ever so slightly and looks back to the halfling.

Out of Character: : Christian, please roll a charisma check to see if he is affected by the spell. In the event he fails it he will be compelled to answer truthfully to all questions. Popping will know that he is under the spell's effects. He could skirt around them or not answer them but that would be an indication of guilt. I suppose he could fail it intentionally if you wish. With player knowledge I know that he doesn't mean harm for us. Ninja, sorry for inputting an action for Fay. Mari needed something else for her post and I'm sure that Fay is looking at her more often than not *wink*. Very humorous portrayal of Poppo, Christian. He will add a lot to our game.

Specific Action: She cast Zone of Truth on Poppo.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 7th Jul, 2017 - 4:55am

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 6:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 355 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

As they make their way down the busy streets of Neverwinter, Jack clasps a hand on Oswald shoulders:

"Indeed, pub it is. And I fully intend on having you well and drunk and telling me what in the seven infernal plans you have been up to these last years ? I want to know everything: the loot, the gist and the fruit, if you get my drift. And you know I usually get the information !" He winks, then suddenly becomes more serious: "But whenever we recuperate from this memorable night of friendly reminiscing, I intend to get to some of my contacts here in the north and find out more about this gang of adventurers and the stories around them. This dragonkind business reeks of trouble, and as you know I hate going into trouble unprepared… Come on, now, there's a lass called Chanterelle in the Emerald Mermaid that is just dying to read the palms of yer scrubby hands !".

As they jauntily saunter down the street, Oswald is intensely aware that despite all his friendly banter, the Amber Coat is scrutinizing every alleyway and dark corner to detect eventual danger and dodge anyone that may be trying to tail them.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 7th Jul, 2017 - 6:06am

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 12:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of character: I'm going to skip rolling and say Velon fails his save and is caught in the zone of truth. He's a few ales in, figured he leave these spy concerns to his companions, and finds Poppo entertaining. Overall he's pretty distracted. Lia of course knows she's got him with the spell. Could be fun *smile*.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

After looking about for a moment to make sure nobody that would care was listening, Oswald speaks up. "I would like to join you in speaking to your contacts when you go. I always trust your people, and you know I've had you look into a few things for me in the past. If they have a problem with me being there, I'll stay nearby; I just want to be involved. Like you said; 'I hate going into trouble unprepared'."

As they approach the Emerald Mermaid, Oswald turns to Jharen with a smile and says; "I'll tell you all about the last few years, but we'll get a few drinks in you first. You'll need them."

... Several hours later and Amber Jack and Oswald are half toppled over the bar table telling each other drunken stories. Jack just finished telling him about his latest 'fruit' and downs another drink. Oswald, well glazed over in the eyes, suddenly recalls that they were supposed to be talking about where he's been.

He sits up straight, for no reason, and then leans in to tell his tale. "Ok, are you ready?" He asks; but is only replied with a confused look and the question. "Ready for what?"

Oswald realizes that he didn't tell Jack the topic, blushes momentarily and then continues. "Are you ready to hear about my last three years?"

Before Amber Jack can reply, Oswald starts in. "It all started on that quest to the Ankh-Ahraset's tomb. Things were going great. We had plenty of power and we just destroy those undead left and right. Even the final villain that was hold up in there wasn't a threat to our teamwork.

And it was that teamwork that is why I've been away." He pauses his drunkenly slurred story just long enough to get another drink. "We were good together the five of us. We became and still are friends. Especially Zerill, the best Dragonborn a friend can have. He changed my life."

He stops and motions his hand towards Jack in a 'hold on' manner; even those Jack wasn't trying to interrupt. "Now I know what you're thinking; that I traveled with them for the last few years; but… but no. *burps* ..that's not it at all. Nope. I... Get this… I became a priest. Can you believe it. I'm a Dawnbringer."

He puts his hand to his head as if he doesn't believe it himself. "Now now, don't worry about me becoming some tightshirt who won't drink and whore; you know me better than that. And I didn't let my skills go either; I practiced all the time, learning how to use my new skills with my old. I'm solid there."

He pauses and becomes more somber. "I just want to help people more, not just myself, you know." He suddenly looks to the side. "Speaking of helping myself, who is this beauty?" He asks as Chanterelle walks up.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2017 - 5:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 355

Poppo nods to Lia and awaits the magic to wash over him. He can feel the tingling dance on his mind and finds himself wondering what sort of questions he will be asked. "I have nothing to hide," he thinks to himself as the magic attempts to take effect.

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2017 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 355

Lia frowns at Poppo. She looks over at Geoffroy and the others. " It failed to take affect on him. Our aspiring cook can say whatever he wishes with no restraint. I've done all that I can do. I leave this up to Geoffroy or anyone else who wishes to ask anything. "

She sits back frustrated but knows that Velon is affected by it. " So Velon… you seem to be having fun with a big grin on your face. What are you thinking about now?" She smiles.

Mari clenches her fists in irritation. She knows that they have no way to be sure of Poppi now. The young thief walks over to the doorway to see if anyone is lurking about.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Jul, 2017 - 12:21pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.