Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 360 of 1199

Poljen frowns, obviously deep in thought. - Page 360 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Jul, 2017 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2017 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 360

Fay laughs at hearing the Kobold's explanation, "Well, that explains much. Sure as the sky is black at night Velon's mind is one that be broken!" Fay laughs a bit at that and gives Velon a wink.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oswald rides up to the workers. "Greetings. How fares the road?"

He makes brief small talk before his stomach growls and reminds him of his purpose here. "You guys wouldn't have a few days of rations to spare? I realized too late that I had forgotten my extra supplies. I'd pay you properly for them, of course."

Though knowing it unlikely, he places his hand near one of his daggers, incase trouble starts.

Out of Character: : Insight check to see if they are hostile or have I'll intent for me.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oswald finds the workers are not much for small talk, but they are willing to part with two weeks worth of food stores for 15 gold.

After answering a few more queries, Jad makes a polite bow and departs.

The next morning, the group gathers to depart North for Waterdeep. They have a choice to make, as the region north of Baldur's Gate is particularly dangerous. Travel slowly but in relative safety with the heavily armed caravans, or strike out on their own. The group all together should be able to handle most of the threats one would expect to encounter, but it still poses a risk, and the caravan will make its journey fast enough to make it to your destination in time.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 360 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Realizing that the men are inflating the price significantly, Oswald attempts to persuade them to be more generous. (Pursuasion +1 Charisma)

"Sadly I do not have 15gp, only 10. If you would be generous enough to accept this lower amount, I would be highly grateful."

He moves his hand from near his dagger to his neck as he pulls out the holy symbol of Lathander.

"Alternatively, if anyone is sick or injured, I can grant divine aid. Also, I can enhance the abilities of one of you for an hour, to aid you in completing your task sooner. Some extra strength or endurance to push thru the task is surely worth a little food; wouldn't you agree?"

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Unless there's a caravan that desperately needs our help, shall we take to the road ourselves? I could use the fresh air and the peace and quiet, if Fay would allow it, that is." Velon grins at Fay. "We may even rid the road of some poor fools who wish to attack us, and get to see Jeppo here in action."

Out of character: Incorrect references to Poppo's name are intentional by Velon, just messing with him. Velon will purchase two health potions before leaving town. Character sheet updated pending any Dungeon Master objection.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Jharen waited for the sound of the trudging steps from the city guard to vanish in the distance before leaving his hiding spot behind a half-crumbling market stall: " How this reminds me of the old days… !", he thought somberly as he recalled his past as a teenage lout, a small-time cutpurse in the docks' district.
That wasn't a particularly pleasant memory: he, the one and only Amber-Coated Jack, hiding from the soldierly rabble like some two-bit outlaw. These were strange times indeed.

Stranger yet was the turn things had taken after he and Oswald had started their prying into the Tiamat Cult: finding out about the adventuring group called the Silver Blaze had been easy enough, especially considering their recent exploits, even though some of their members had an aura of mystery about them, or almost no tracks of a past at all, as was the case for the albino tiefling that had suddenly vanished in pursuit of an old member of the group, a Necromancer who had betrayed them and stolen a half-dragon infant - some said the white tiefling followed his tracks to other dimensions, other mentioned Thay… in any case, she seemed out of the picture for now - yet the investigation had turned sour almost as soon as they had tried to pierce the mystery of the strange dragon cult the Blaze had been after. Now, there were some powerful characters involved and their connections ran deep in all walks of life through various cities along the Coast…

So deep, in fact, that Jharen's over-confidence in his own contacts had almost been their downfall: he knew Gerod Twerg had always been a difficult fellow to trust, but he had believed in the one thing he knew he could count on, namely the ugly gnome's proverbial greed in his endless search for magical artifacts for his "Antique Palace Of Great Wonders" (How many of said-antiques had been appropriated through less-than lawful means, the Amber Coat knew too well, as he was one of the antiquarian's best collectors).

Jharen had counted on that to get the little weasel to collaborate and share his knowledge of some of the cult key figureheads and operatives (Another thing that had become evident in their investigation is that Twerg had bought and sold a good few items to various members of the cult), but the slimy rascal had been quick on the mark to set them up instead: on the pretext of a secret meeting in his store, he had called the guard and staged a break-in in his own shop, killing his own assistant and putting the murder on Oswald, who had entered the shop as Jharen stayed outside to check the surroundings. The Amber Coat wasn't worried about the dungeon-delver's abilities to evade the law, but he hadn't been able to reconnect with him before the guard had shut the district gates.

So the Tiamat Cult was really that powerful ? If Twerg had gone as far as murdering his own employee in cold blood to cover their tracks, there had to be a great deal of fear involved in that decision, which didn't bode well… Amber Jack hated to have unknown competitors on his own ground, and dealing with a secretive dragon cult bent on taking over the world (This much was clear as far as their projects went, Jharen thought grimly) was truly the last thing he needed.

He quickly actioned a small lever, opening a secret passage underneath the Southern Gate. In a small farmer's cottage a little ways beyond the walls, his horse waited, watered and fed and ready for the long ride to Waterdeep: he had some catching up to do with his partner (Who he figured couldn't be too far down the same road anyways), and a meeting with the Silver Blaze to attend.

Amber Jack let a savage grin spread on his face as he took the first step down the passage: messing with his business was the last error the Tiamat Cult ever made, he swore to himself.
He had underestimated their reach this time, but he was not about to repeat that mistake.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 11th Jul, 2017 - 3:01pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 360

Fay listens to Velon, shrugs, and says, "With a caravan or without, whatever ye all decide, count me in. I shall be here to protect me mother from yer hair brained antics." Fay delivers that with a deadpan straight face. The grins a bit when he sees others start to puff out their chests.

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2017 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 360

Poljen frowns, obviously deep in thought. "If we travel with a caravan, we can add some coin to our purses, which is never a bad thing. But it will be slower. And if the caravan really slowed down we might have to abandon them to make our rendezvous, which is just not done. Also, a large caravan with so many guards is less likely to be attacked, which is boring. So, I say we move on our own. Perhaps some bandits will try their hands against us. Maybe even some of those bastards from the cult, who no doubt have been keeping an ear and eye out for us." After a brief pause he does add thoughtfully, "Then again, there are some women traveling with the caravan.."

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.