Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 362 of 1199

Fay takes Mari to an establishment near the - Page 362 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 362

It had been long since Fay had seen Waterdeep. His father took him long ago when his father had to attend a meeting of the Lord's Alliance, of which Yartar is a member. Little does he remember from that trip, other than the sheer size of the place, the hustle and bustle during daylight, and the noise. He moves closer to Mari, "Woulds't thou partake of a drink or three with me before yer business? Nothing expected, just a drink between friends."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The Yawning Portal is simple enough to find, any of the locals could point the way, not least because it is possibly the most famous establishment of its kind in the city.

As you enter, you are confronted by the well that gives the Inn its name, the top of a wide stone well occupies the center of the tavern floor. Source 3z

Nearly everyone in here appears to be an adventurer of some description. A few are gathered near the well, and seem to have gathered supplies there.

Some of the group is likely familiar with the tale, others can hear of it for the first time. The well is all that remains of an old wizard's tower. It connects to an underground demesne known as the Undermountain. It once was a vast dwarven kingdom, but has long since fallen, and is now fought over by drow, duergar, and other races that live out of reach of the sun. The inn primarily caters to adventurers that seek fame and fortune by delving down into the undermountain, often hunting for treasures.

Geoffroy is welcomed at the temple, and can seek counsel there, among other things, if he wishes.

Jack and Oswald manage to reach the city of Waterdeep without further incident. They have two days left before the appointed rendezvous.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia heads out to find the Temple of Sune. She has missed being in an actual temple all this time. Lia dresses up in her best form hugging gown before heading out. She spends a couple of hours getting her appearance just right. Pleased as she looks in the mirror she sets out.

Mari looks at Fay with a straight face. " That's fine Fay. I can only have two or three drinks though. I'm sure that you will make up for my low quantity of drinks though. " She laughs. " I'm ready when you are Faevalor. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jul, 2017 - 4:46am

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 362 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Good thing those men wanted healing, without that food this would have been a much harder journey. That, and I prefer to keep my coins whenever able."

Oswald admires the impressive gates as he and Jack enters. "Did they say whether or not we had to pay at the inn? Either way, no reason to hold up anywhere else."

He turns to Jack. "I'm heading straight towards the inn, is there anywhere you need to go?"

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 12th Jul, 2017 - 5:08am

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 7:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack replies with a grin: "There is indeed. In fact I was hoping to pay my respects to a very special lady I make a point of visiting everytime I arrive in Waterdeep.... "
Seeing Oswald's mischievous leer, he continues: "Not this sort of friendship, I am sorry to say. She is a fine woman in every regard, but we have a more, let's say… down-to-earth relationship: she's my local undercover agent."
He gives his friend a cursory glance before adding:
"Let's meet at the inn later, and we should do something about your appearance as well, in case the news of our little mishap at Ye Olde Antique Shoppe make their way from Neverwinter. Small chance of that, but we can never be sure… !"

He pulls out what seems to be a bag of rags and some fake beard from his saddlebags and throws it at his colleague, ignoring the look of dismay on the younger thief's face: "Put these on, I know they're a tad moldy but they'll keep people off your scent at least !" Jack can't quite hide his smirk now. " Now on ye go, do reserve us a suite at the Yawning Portal, my faithful servant Ossuyr ! Tell them your master the great mapmaker Jakubos sent you, they have had the pleasure of my custom before and will know which room to prepare… ".

At that, the amber rogue tosses a small purse at his friend and takes off at a trot towards the city docks.
Out of Character:
Investigation check to see if anyone has tried to follow, and/or asked about the Blaze in town during the last few weeks. He'll get the latest gossip from his contact in town and also try to see if Oswald is already on the wanted list. If not, the Coat will pull a few strings to make sure it doesn't ever make it there (Another Persuasion roll, I guess ? With a 50 gp bribe for the right official if necessary…).

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 12th Jul, 2017 - 7:36am

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Amber Jack discovers a couple of things:
-The Silver Blaze is in town, and checked into the Yawning Portal a few days past.
-Others have indeed been asking after them, though he did not get enough to know who they were or where they could be
-A winged messenger serpent was spotted leaving the city for the south a few nights ago. In this part of the world, such creatures are most commonly used by the Zhentarim.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 362

Daishain, would there be a temple of Bahamut in Waterdeep and any type of priest there for Velon to visit? He'd be curious to learn more about the counsel Jad had mentioned, what the typical follower of Bahamut does with his or her time and energy, who the leaders of the faith are, and any anything else the priest feels he should know as a new follower. Velon has been pretty isolated since taking this path, although perhaps he had found a temple to Bahamut in Baldur's Gate or elsewhere during their hiatus?

------------------------

Velon would invite Poppo along with of course Poljen and any others to join him for some good ol' tavern tomfoolery during their down time. He would try to get Poppo to talk to some women after observing Poppo's awkward social skills and mention of blunders such as calling a young woman by the wrong name. I imagine the women at the Yawning Portal would be the strong adventuring type, which Velon would also take interest in. Would he meet anyone particularly interesting there, Daishain? If the women there would appear to eat his friend Poppo alive, he might also suggest they try other taverns in town where a more diverse group of Waterdeep's citizens might be enjoying themselves.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 362

Fay takes Mari to an establishment near the Bardic College of new Olamn. They walk through a magically lit and well-patrolled tunnel that takes them under the mountain. It is a pleasant walk, for the path is shorter and more level than reality would suggest possible. Soft music fills the tunnel, thanks to the concert series known as the Neverending String of Pearls. A small alcove, curved like a giant oyster shell, has been carved into the rock walls of the tunnel, and bards and minstrels vie for the honor of performing recitals in this venue.

This is their destination. Fay, finds a table for two and orders a round of drinks. He takes a deep breath, lets it out, and gulps down half his drink.He looks at Mari, "Ye seem more settled, as if a decision ye have made. As if ye are at peace. I'm glad fer thee M'lady." He takes a long drink, finishing it, and holds her eyes steady. "I too have made a decision. My decision be to honor yer decisions, whatever they may be. I can do no less. But I ask one thing of thee, do not think I deserve better than thee or we be too different. Do not sell yerself short, for I do not."

Fay orders another round and waits for Mari's response.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.