Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 363 of 1199

Jack will start making his rounds impersonating - Page 363 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jul, 2017 - 8:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 363

Velon finds that there are many temples in waterdeep, but none are specifically devoted to the platinum king. There is a large temple known as the Plinth that is open to all faiths that he could visit.

There are a few women at the Portal that seem interesting. They tend to be caught up in their own business, but chances are he could get one to open up if he tried.

(Feel free to invent an NPC for Velon's interest here if you wish, just don't get too carried away).

Sponsored Links:
12th Jul, 2017 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy will seek either high priest or priestess, of Lathander, asking for any information they may have events or people of note in Waterdeep which might be of note on the mission of Silver Blaze. Yes, with that even admit in fair detail what their mission is.

Whatever can perhaps be provided, he will request a blessing as well more spiritual advice for both himself and Elyria that may be of use on their journey. Where he will ask, "What should we be careful for when to comes to this mission, what shall I be weary of or even what should I seek out?"

Out of Character: If I need to make a roll, such as Persuasion or Investigation, let me know. Also, which I am find will paying for, I am seeking more divination related advice. Perhaps, with the who he speaks with at the temple as the caster, a Divination or Commune? I can offer the questions if you say such is okay.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:21pm

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The High Priestess does not have much to offer, particularly given the limited information Geoffroy has to share. The only recent event with a possible connection to the cult is the green dragon attack in the Misty Forest to the south, the one Lia and Fay already brought word of.

She does however offer to Commune with Lathander on your behalf

(Remember, 3 yes/no questions, and while the gods see much, they are not omniscient).

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 363 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Amber Jack runs off before Oswald is able to get in a reply. He sighs to himself and takes off his cloak of elvenkind, revealing the shiny white vestments of Lathander beneath.

He wraps the rags in the cloak and mutters to himself; "They don't know my name in Neverwinter; and I doubt anyone will recognize me like this."

As he heads towards the Yawning Portal, a place he has been many times, he shakes his head. "And why would I give a false name at the place where we are meeting the group?"

He enters and sets up two rooms under the name Jakubos, stating that he is an ally of him. After arranging the room and dropping of the cloak and rags, he leaves a message stating; "The rooms are set up under your name, I have not given mine; though there is no current reason for me not to. I have some business at the temple of Lathander and will return when able. If it takes longer than a day, I will assure you that I will return before the quest begins."

Leaving the note in Jakubos' room, he heads over to the temple. Upon arriving he seeks out the high priest. "Madame Priestess, it is an honor to meet you. Sadly I arrive under darkness and not light."

"I have a tale to tell, though I would prefer a more private location if possible." Upon moving into a confession area, Oswald tells his story about being framed for murder in Neverwinter, having to steal a horse to escape, and his journey here; including what he knows about the mission.

"I wish to return the horse, but due to the quest I am unable to. There isn't time." He pulls out two healing potions. "If you could deliver these with the horse to Bretva's Barber shop, I am curtain they will know which customer lost their horse. I want to give the potions as compensation for the owner's trouble."

A serious look fills his face. "But be careful. The cult of the dragonkind has already killed one person over this matter; it may be too dangerous to complete this task right away."

"I also seek personal penance for this act. If there are tasks that need accomplishing over this and the next day; I will eagerly aid. There is always another dawn."

Geoffroy: You would have definitely noticed a man in Lathander vestments steal away the high priestess for a few minutes, after you were done speaking to her.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 12th Jul, 2017 - 3:15pm

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack gets into the Yawning Portal late that day under his guise of Jakubos The Mapmaker: a gentle, somewhat befuddled elderly gentleman with a picturesque feathered hat and thick glasses, "Jakubos The Far-Traveled" is selling his maps and compasses along the civilized lands of the Sword Coast, always eager to share a story… or to lend his ear to his customers' troubles and thoughts. This innocuous character has served him well through the years, and he does his best to travel regularly to Waterdeep, both to visit Jakubos' many acquaintances in the city, and to keep in touch with local events, both legal and illegal.

After reading Oswald's note and hearing the stable boy's account of "The great white shiny priest who came to grace us with his presence earlier today", Jharen can't help smiling to himself: seems like Oswald's new-found wisdom didn't reach as far as keeping a low profile. "Great safe-cracker, lousy spy… ". The Amber Rogue chuckled softly, remembering his first meeting with the eager young tomb-breaker, hungry for gold and oblivious to many of the risks involved. "I guess people never really truly change after all. Never mind, that'll force me to improvise and keep me in practice."

Dusting off his new Mapmaker Attire, he made his way towards the main room of the Inn: maybe some members of the Blaze were already there, since they had all been seen in town. This would be a great occasion to get to know them from a distance, before introducing himself. That, and digging out a few unwanted moles from the Zentharim, which he was sure were in the vicinity as well.

"Seems like the game is on.". He rubbed his hands softly and made his way down the stairs.

Out of Character:
Disguise check to impersonate Jakubos.

12th Jul, 2017 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Before beginning the process of the Commune so as to receive divine guidance, Geoffroy with wait as a man in clerical that he didn't recognize calls away the High Priestess. He is both a bit curious of this, as well perhaps concerned since the man was unfamiliar though the Morningliege will wait for her return before continuing. Once she does, he will ask, “Who was that you spoke with?”

For questions that could be asked he will admit, “Right off hand I only have two out of the three questions.” Of which he will explain how he will wish to ask if there are servants of Tiamat here in Waterdeep that the Silver Blaze will need to be careful of or concerned for. The second would be whether we will be able to encounter again the necromancer who betrayed the group, with this that of the Thay. Admittedly, the cleric will confess some uncertainty if those are the right questions.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Jul, 2017 - 5:41pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 363

To Geoffroy, the high priestess simply says, "Another child of the light, he came for confession and absolution. The details of which are for him alone to tell. Was this simply idle curiosity?"

In regards to the questions, she states, "The first seems prudent. The second may not be. Even the Morninglord can only glimpse possibilities of the future, and even asking the question could change the answer. I think the only way you would receive a definite answer is if this man's soul has already been utterly destroyed, a very rare fate."

Amber Jack makes his way into the inn easily enough. A group is here that would correspond with the descriptions of the Silver Blaze. Not all members appear to be present, but it seems likely to be them.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jul, 2017 - 8:26pm

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 363

Jack will start making his rounds impersonating Jakubos, first making idle conversation with the innkeeper (Who probably knows him well from his last visits), then going from table to table presenting his maps and other trinkets, saving the Blaze's table for last.

While he's meandering harmlessly from one group to the next and babbling his agreeable if slightly rethorical routine about his collection of "Maps Of Wondrous Ways Through The Newly Charted Territories And Other Assorted Secret Inland Pathways", sometimes bumping clumsily into a patron and mumbling an excuse, or stopping between two tables to tie his falling britches (All the while eavesdropping on the surrounding conversations), he does his best to get a good scan of the room and the different characters present, with all his senses ready to pick out anything out of the ordinary.

"If Zentharim spies or any other scum hides in this room, old Jakubos will sniff them out", he thinks with glee.

Out of Character:

Insight and Perception checks to detect anything out of place about the people frequenting the Inn at that time. If all seems in order, he'll make his way to the Blaze to present his wares and test the proverbial waters.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 12th Jul, 2017 - 8:45pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.