Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 364 of 1199

Geoffroy will thank the High Priestess, offering - Page 364 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 364

You can count on Velon being there, Ash. He's just enjoying himself, chatting with other adventurer's or the bartender, etc. He would not be revealing anything about Blaze business, of course. Can't really say if Poppo, Poljen, etc. Have taken him up on joining in on the fun.

Out of character: Appreciate the freedom Daishain but I'll pass on creating an NPC for now. I'll spare everyone more of my posts *wink* Perhaps at another time or if I ever get around to earning some crystals.

Would Velon notice Jakubos milling around and more importantly would he catch his name or other specific details based on his passive perception of, I believe, 13? I assume PP is best since Velon isn't really looking for anything at this time.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Poppo looks in awe at the hustle and bustle of Waterdeep in all its glory. He had travelled here many times but usually just to the caravan drop-off point. Most of the merchants he worked for wanted to get back on the road and outside of town so as to not lose guards to drunken stupors and have to pay for overnight lodging when the open road provided free room and board.

When arriving at the Yawning Portal, Poppo took a look around taking in the patrons and the unique well. He rushed over to the side of the well and stood on his tip toes to look down. He squinted to see anything in the blackness before calling out, "HELLO? ANYONE DOWN THERE?"

Poppo then realized that Velon was speaking to him, "Hm, what? A woman? Well, I don't know. I usually need time to prepare for courting the ladies. There are things one must learn. Who are their parents? What are their rules and regulations? I don't think we have time for a traditional halfling courtship dance. That can take several days and requires many cakes and pints of ale. One time, my Uncle Gribbin was courting a lass before he met my Aunt Penelope. He said that.... "

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2017 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Mari looks at the sights of the bustling city as they walk along. She always pays attention to her surroundings and keeps a dagger concealed under her arm. As they stop to drink she listens to Fay state how he was going to act.

Mari grins at him and doesn't drink. " I don't drink as much these days. There are too many dangers lurking here to be unaware due to drink. As to what you mentioned.... I am happier these days. I am at peace now and not holding myself guilty for my previous acts. Let's get to know each other as friends Fay. I felt pressured by you in the past. Let's take it back to the beginning. Deal?"

Lia walks out of the Temple of Sune. She feels so much better having bathed in the warm baths there and having applied some perfume. Lia runs her hands through her raven tresses. She looks down at her red gown that looks as if it is painted on and smiles.
Having arrived back at the inn she heads to the common room. Upon arriving she will see Velon and Poppo. (And whoever else.) Lia saunters slowly across the room and beams at them as she sits down.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 12th Jul, 2017 - 11:50pm

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2017 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 364 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of character: *laugh*, love it ChristianD.

Velon is busy explaining to Poppo that he wasn't really thinking of involving courtship and parents in this evenings activities when Lia walks in looking refreshed and wearing her red dress. He is promptly silenced mid word with his mouth half open, and drops his mug to the ground with a shatter. As she steps up to them and witnesses this, he promptly states "I just saw a kobold and a bugbear holding hands as they left, amazing!" "Huh, and I thought our well dressed kolbold messenger at the last tavern was rare!" He does a poor job of hiding his flushed cheeks and a smirk amidst his poor cover story. "Lia, Poppo here was just educating me on the finer points of courtship. 'Courtship dance', you said?"

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2017 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fay smiles and holds his hand out, "Tis a deal." He reintroduces himself, "Me name be Faevalor Beleg. Not long past I was known as Faevalor Baronsson. I be the son of the Baron of Yartar and Lia Galanodel. Me friends call me Fay, you count among these. I be a bard extraordinaire… and tonight I shall prove it… I hope." He gives a lopsided grin. "You see, as a son of a Baron of a city which is part of the Lords' Alliance, I have a privilege here and there. Tonight I shall perform."

Fay walks up to the stage and begins to sing.

Oh, they say 'tis a hanging that soon I will be--
My body a-twisting from yonder oak tree--
For daring to think that a man could live free… but though I may die,
'tis a harper I'll be.

The strings of my harp will never be stilled while the flower of the lilac still grows on the hill for the music of Faerûn is her strength and her will and the soul of a harper no mortal can kill.

Oh, the five-headed queen on her cold golden throne fears harper freedom she never has known
Our bright Faerûn passion comes through in the tone so she orders it silenced and broods all alone.

The strings of my harp will never be stilled while the flower of the lilac still grows on the hill for the music of Faerûn is her strength and her will and the soul of a harper no mortal can kill.

For a man of the road, death holds no sting.
'Tis another adventure-- a wonderous thing.
And I know that my music will evermore ring in the hills and the rivers of each Faerûn spring.

His eyes remain on Mari through the performance.

Out of Character: Daishain, perhaps if I roll well here we can work out something regarding my first gem. That is why I took a bit of liberty and said Fay could jump in line and perform. I hope you are okay with this. I rolled a luck roll in case the first roll is bad.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:18am

13th Jul, 2017 - 2:52am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Offering a nod he says, "Yes, it was more simply curiosity. For some reason I got the oddest instinct that there was some significance to seeing that man while I was here. Not sure why." Geoffroy had the thought that they both being at the temple was somehow important, yet perhaps his feelings were incorrect.

On the questions that could be asked when seeking to Commune with Lathander, after a bit of deliberation he will say, "Let of us then the first question I offered, if we much be weary in encountering any of Tiamat's servants while in Waterdeep." That was what he will decide to start with.

Continuing, Geoffroy will offer, "What there risk of other spies or agents, not of Tiamat, that the Silver Blaze should avoid in going to the meeting place at teh time set? Finally, more directly for the purpose that we are here. Will we find what we seek in the meeting at Yawning Portal?" The Morningliege with press to fingers against the bridge of his nose after finishing.

Hopefully those were good questions.

Specific Action: The questions are as follows.
1. Are there any servants of Tiamat's in Waterdeep that we will need to be weary of?
2. Will there be any spies or agents the Silver Blaze will need to be weary of when going to the Yawning Portal on specified time?
3. Finally, will we gain the information we need at the Yawning Portal that will help us in the fight again Tiamat's plotting?

Out of Character: Hopefully I got everything important out of the way. There was a delay because I was spending so much time thinking on the right questions to ask. Yes, the first to have a bit of overlap but I felt their distinction was important.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Jul, 2017 - 2:56am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 364

'Jakubos' is pretty sure the half elf at the corner table nearest the door is cheating obscenely at the card game going on over there, but he does not find signs of someone that seems to be a problem in this room.

Fay's performance is extremely well received. Drinks, flowers, and coin are presented at the end. He also seems to get a fair amount of female attention, however, they seem to have noticed that the bard had eyes for only one in the room.

The High Priestess takes Geoffroy to a small room, and bids him to have a seat while she performs the ritual. It takes some time, but soon enough, she is finished, a glow envelops her and she begins asking questions,

"Must the supplicant be wary of encountering Tiamat's servants while in Waterdeep? Must the supplicant be wary of spies belonging to other factions with ill intent? Will the supplicant receive the information promised at his upcoming meeting?"

The glow fades, and she opens her eyes, "The answer, to all three of your queries, was yes."

Out of Character: Fay just earned 19gold, 8 silver, and 4 copper (Most of that in silver pieces) If people don't have anything else in particular to do, go ahead and describe gathering up on the day of the meeting.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:26am

13th Jul, 2017 - 3:40am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 364

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy will thank the High Priestess, offering a deep bow as well giving his respects to Lathander before leaving the temple so as to meet up with the rest of the Silver Blaze and tell them them what he had learned. When the day comes, he will join his companions in gathering at the Yawning Portal.

Out of Character: I don't really have anything more I believe, and I will be going to bed for tonight.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Jul, 2017 - 3:46am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.